What happened here?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Where are all the posts/comments from the past 3 days???

I've had several "site unavailable" messages the last few days. Don't know what's up.

I'll have to dig into it and see what happened. But can't do it right now. Either the dates are just goofy and misleading, or some data got lost... wondering if there was a database rollback.
If anyone message or two sitting in their email box that contains a missing comment that I could use to search for missing comments.

And is it just comments or original posts too that are missing?

And is it just comments or original posts too that are missing?.
swirt said:
And is it just comments or original posts too that are missing?
It looks like any post created in the past 2-3 days is missing, along with all the comments on the other posts.
I got a drupal error message several times but it went away and everything seemed fine. The error message said the site was offline and if you were the owner to contact the host. (I tried to copy it to you but when I went back the site was working fine.)
Logged in this afternoon from a different computer and everything was showing nothing updated for 3+ days and several new threads were gone.

Well, I went here and read the posts that has since disappeared. Then I got off and changed the picture on my desktop and checked my email. When I checked back it was down.... When I could get back on I couldn't remember my password so I had to create a new one. Do you think I will remember the new one any better?!?
So I guess its all my fault, should have been content with the computer's original desktop picture!!!!!!
wink_smile.gif
shades_smile.gif
Ha! Ha!

There is still an ongoing issue with the hosting. They are trying to resolve. The site is running off a copy of the database that is 3 days old. When the issue is resolved, the data MIGHT come back... the problem is, it will wipe out anything that is newly posted now. No clever way to merge the time streams :( So keep that in mind.... don't write anything super awesome just yet ;)

There is still an ongoing issue with the hosting. They are trying to resolve. The site is running off a copy of the database that is 3 days old. When the issue is resolved, the data MIGHT come back... the problem is, it will wipe out anything that is newly posted now. No clever way to merge the time streams :( So keep that in mind.... don't write anything super awesome just yet ;).
Not to worry. I'm just doing the usual griping.

I'll have to dig into it and see what happened. But can't do it right now. Either the dates are just goofy and misleading, or some data got lost... wondering if there was a database rollback.
If anyone message or two sitting in their email box that contains a missing comment that I could use to search for missing comments..
Sent an old one. Hope it helps

There is still an ongoing issue with the hosting. They are trying to resolve. The site is running off a copy of the database that is 3 days old. When the issue is resolved, the data MIGHT come back... the problem is, it will wipe out anything that is newly posted now. No clever way to merge the time streams :( So keep that in mind.... don't write anything super awesome just yet ;).
swirt said:
So keep that in mind.... don't write anything super awesome just yet ;)
Or, Innspiring just became Snapchat so post anything you want. It will be gone tomorrow. Or not. Poster beware! ;-)

I think it is safe to assume, our missing three days aren't coming back. Whatever happened with the Database must have affected the daily backups for a few days and they could only recover from 3 days back.
If you had anything that was lost, I know 'Sorry for your loss." sounds trite but that is the best I can do.
cry_smile.gif

I think it is safe to assume, our missing three days aren't coming back. Whatever happened with the Database must have affected the daily backups for a few days and they could only recover from 3 days back.
If you had anything that was lost, I know 'Sorry for your loss." sounds trite but that is the best I can do.
cry_smile.gif
I'm pretty sure we'll survive! Thanks for all the hard work.

cry_smile.gif
Such is life in the big city. Thank you for trying.
All the photos are still there on my account. Cannot ask for more.

Back