What I did Tuesday

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
Tuesday was Primary day in WV. I work the polls as a commissioner - my job is verifying the ballot matches the stub and ripping off the ballot number so the stringer can string them. We had a decent turnout, but while I was there, I worked on a Christmas present for one of the granddaughters. Almost got it done and finished it today.
lrg_EmailHat.jpg

That's adorable! Did you make it up yourself, or use a pattern (hint, hint...I'd love to make one of those...)

That's adorable! Did you make it up yourself, or use a pattern (hint, hint...I'd love to make one of those...).
For those who want to know - the book is called 60 Quick Knits and I got the book at Ba rn es & No ble $17.95 US - $23.50 Canada.
It has instructions for 20 hats, 20 scarves, and 20 mittens in Cascade 220. I used whatever yarn. There are some really cute things for kids in it. The book tells you if it is easy, intermediate, or downright hard with a rating guide at the beginning of each project. This one was intermediate. It was supposed to be done on 4 dp needles but I used circular until the very end when too few stitches.
Am now working on wristlets for the teenager and HAVING to use the dp needles. THIS is going to be interesting! They are supposed to be easy. At least they are just ribbed.

That's adorable! Did you make it up yourself, or use a pattern (hint, hint...I'd love to make one of those...).
For those who want to know - the book is called 60 Quick Knits and I got the book at Ba rn es & No ble $17.95 US - $23.50 Canada.
It has instructions for 20 hats, 20 scarves, and 20 mittens in Cascade 220. I used whatever yarn. There are some really cute things for kids in it. The book tells you if it is easy, intermediate, or downright hard with a rating guide at the beginning of each project. This one was intermediate. It was supposed to be done on 4 dp needles but I used circular until the very end when too few stitches.
Am now working on wristlets for the teenager and HAVING to use the dp needles. THIS is going to be interesting! They are supposed to be easy. At least they are just ribbed.
GH, for the post part, I find dpns MUCH easier to work with than a circular needle. The only thing (for me) in the beginning was learning how to avoid ladders.
That said, once I got the hang of it, I decided ladders could look kind of cool, and tried to incorporate them into a project on purpose. Think I could make a ladder intentionally? Uh-uh!

Back