What I have learned about Yelp

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbinnsitters

Reaction score
Just got finished with my states association conference. First conference I have ever been to, so got lots of new information. Don't know if it is new or old news, but it was new to me so thought I'd share.
YELP is slated to become the new Trip Advisor (big ballyhoo against them right now anyways so Yelp is ready to pounce) Yelp started as restaurant reviews, but is growing. It is easer, little or no ads, no competition, more control, better mobile use, Google tried to buy Yelp (unsucessfully so far), Yelp reaches new market and is a younger crowd - so if you want to reach the younger crowd start recommending they leave a review on Yelp.

This has been touted as the new big thing for reviews by some others in the B&B industry. It will really only be an issue in the near-term for those near an urban area, as it is impossible to search yelp without putting in a 'nearby' search town. My closest nearby search town is almost an hour away. If you have a restaurant, worry about yelp. If you have a B&B, if your town isn't on yelp, you don't have to worry...yet.

We discussed yelp on another thread just today. Many of use receive weekly updates of how many have viewed our listing on yelp per week and any new reviews. As mentioned on the other thread, there is ability for a management response AND the orig reviewer to adjust their comments if they wish.
Please change the title of this thread to YELP if you wish to keep it on topic. Then it is easier to locate later on.

I use Yelp frequently for restaurants. We have one review for our B&B there, and we are in a tiny town. It seems to be growing. The user demographic is definitely young and tech-friendly. We love that market.
teeth_smile.gif

Back