What I like About Facebook

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white pine

Reaction score
OK, as usual you guys were right, fb is really a good thing to do. I am in the remedial tech class here, but I am on fb and I find I really like it.
I am getting good comments, some reservations have come in from those posting, and in less than a month my new weekly stats say my "total reach" is 1018....I know that supposedly that is the unique number of people who saw some of my things, and I am so pleased with that. Unlike the blog, where I sometimes wonder if anyone is out there...here I get immediate gratification. Also, my blogs tend to be informative, and a fb post can be very short and less time consuming.
Still have a ways to go, and I need to figure how to do some things, but just saying that if anyone has not done it....DO IT! If I can do it you can! And thanks to you here who liked me
regular_smile.gif

Well, in less than a month you are blowing my doors off as far as weekly views! I've had some really high weekly totals but average less than you are getting. Good for you!

Well, in less than a month you are blowing my doors off as far as weekly views! I've had some really high weekly totals but average less than you are getting. Good for you!.
I still have a lot to learn, but I am having fun...which surprises me. Lucky getting some links from other organizations that also have a strong following, very cool. Also, some repeat guests have not wanted to post reviews, but keep us to themselves, are starting to post about their stays...VERY nice.

Now you can MAKE THE FB page your INN NAME without all those numbers at the end...take a look around you will work it out. If someone types it in without the numbers, they won't get you. You have enough followers to do this now. :)
Nice work!

Good for you! Just keep plugging along and you'll figure out what works for you..
Thanks for your comments, I loaded a cover photo today, still have to figure out how to reposition it...working on it!
The best way is to size it to the exact dimensions to start with. Then upload it. However, if you click the 'change cover' link in the lower right, there is a 'reposition' option in there.
My cover pix are 1015x315. Over 900 wide and right at 315 high usually works best.

Now you can MAKE THE FB page your INN NAME without all those numbers at the end...take a look around you will work it out. If someone types it in without the numbers, they won't get you. You have enough followers to do this now. :)
Nice work!.
I will have some more coffee, gutsy up and give this a try. Thanks JB!

Well, in less than a month you are blowing my doors off as far as weekly views! I've had some really high weekly totals but average less than you are getting. Good for you!.
I still have a lot to learn, but I am having fun...which surprises me. Lucky getting some links from other organizations that also have a strong following, very cool. Also, some repeat guests have not wanted to post reviews, but keep us to themselves, are starting to post about their stays...VERY nice.
It's a great way to keep a friendly dialog with your past guests whereas otherwise you'd only see them when they get around to visiting again. We've enjoyed keeping up with their lives and having some laughs together on FB in between visits. Makes their return even sweeter!

It's a great way to keep a friendly dialog with your past guests whereas otherwise you'd only see them when they get around to visiting again. We've enjoyed keeping up with their lives and having some laughs together on FB in between visits. Makes their return even sweeter!
I might even remember their names!

Nice work!.
I will have some more coffee, gutsy up and give this a try. Thanks JB!
See if this helps: https://www.facebook.com/help/pages/usernames
Be very careful with this. There is a point before you click the make this permanent where it shows you what is being changed. Unfortunately, the first time I did this I ended up assigning the page name I wanted to the wrong account. So now I have one that is incredibly too long.

Just an update, it is now just over a month, I have 68 likes, 152 talking about, and 1219 fan views, and total reach is now 4418...but still have much work to do!
regular_smile.gif

Just an update, it is now just over a month, I have 68 likes, 152 talking about, and 1219 fan views, and total reach is now 4418...but still have much work to do!
regular_smile.gif
You are doing remarkably well with only 68 likes!

regular_smile.gif
I doesn't make sense (am I surprised?) to have those numbers with only 68 likes. One thing I can think of is that the name of her property is the same as a few other properties and one of them has a lot of fans. I only know this because when I first went to 'like' her page, I couldn't find it, but found those others. Same state, different town and a totally different business type.
Good for you! Ride the wave! By the way, you've been posting some terrific stuff. Keep up the good work!

regular_smile.gif
I doesn't make sense (am I surprised?) to have those numbers with only 68 likes. One thing I can think of is that the name of her property is the same as a few other properties and one of them has a lot of fans. I only know this because when I first went to 'like' her page, I couldn't find it, but found those others. Same state, different town and a totally different business type.
Good for you! Ride the wave! By the way, you've been posting some terrific stuff. Keep up the good work!
It's odd how FB doesn't always seem to be able to sort out people or places with the same name. My BIL has a son with the same name. Sometimes the posts from the son come in under the dad's photo.
My daughter had the same problem with someone else with the same name.

regular_smile.gif
I think that is because some of the people who shared photos? I notice the numbers go up considerably on those...? By the way, we are up to 72 likes now... Don't understand it, just happy it seems to be growing.

regular_smile.gif
That is really funny, because I just went in fb and searched for you..I couldn't find you either...had to go to your website and click the fb button. Makes no sense to me!

Back