What I'd like to say...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
...when we've been very busy and I am very tired...
Our phone rang last night at 10:30- woke me up. When it rang again at 1 AM I didn't hear a thing! This afternoon, tho, I was having a meltdown and I NEEDED a nap. Phone kept ringing and I kept ignoring it. Gomez got it the last time and I can hear him headed down the hall giving directions on how to use the online booking. He sat down 2 feet from the bed to give step by step instructions to the people on the phone. Of course, it is NEVER the person you are talking to who is doing the online stuff- everything has to be relayed.
After the 5th time of Gomez saying, 'No, that room isn't open on that night,' and repeating the same 3 rooms again with descriptions I thought my head would explode. The guy kept interrupting Gomez because his wife had another question. For the love of Mike, shut up and let him tell you the answer to the first question instead of talking over him! I'm going to start using the dog's rescue remedy at the rate I'm going.
So, obviously, no nap and I am more in need of one now than earlier! The first nap I've tried to have all summer, too. There comes a time I just have to stop.

Yuck. It's Sunday, let the phone ring. We don't even have the ringers turned ON for the phones in our quarters...we hear it ring out front during the day but no way, not at night. I can tell from the caller ID that it rings all night...people.

Yuck. It's Sunday, let the phone ring. We don't even have the ringers turned ON for the phones in our quarters...we hear it ring out front during the day but no way, not at night. I can tell from the caller ID that it rings all night...people..
Actually, I should just deal with it. It slows RIGHT down after next weekend. Like a tap turned off. I'll have PLENTY of nap time!

Yuck. It's Sunday, let the phone ring. We don't even have the ringers turned ON for the phones in our quarters...we hear it ring out front during the day but no way, not at night. I can tell from the caller ID that it rings all night...people..
Actually, I should just deal with it. It slows RIGHT down after next weekend. Like a tap turned off. I'll have PLENTY of nap time!
Well, then there's that. Sometimes it all starts to really bug you JUST when you can see the light at the end of the tunnel...

Well, then there's that. Sometimes it all starts to really bug you JUST when you can see the light at the end of the tunnel...
It's probably the light that's bothering me...Another season comes to an end...the tallying up begins. Did we do well enough to get thru another winter?

This has been a strange year/spring and summer for us, we have had steady flows midweek and not as much on the weekends. It is okay with me, I just take them as they come...but it has been different. Those weekend guests are always shocked we are not full up, but then midweek we will have three rooms solid for breakfast all week.
Definitely more bookings within the same week vs planning ahead. Might have been worse last year for that, if I recall.

It's probably the light that's bothering me...Another season comes to an end...the tallying up begins. Did we do well enough to get thru another winter?
Even tho we still have another 4 months to go, it's the tale of the tape as far as thw winter goes in what happened the past 3 months.

This has been a strange year/spring and summer for us, we have had steady flows midweek and not as much on the weekends. It is okay with me, I just take them as they come...but it has been different. Those weekend guests are always shocked we are not full up, but then midweek we will have three rooms solid for breakfast all week.
Definitely more bookings within the same week vs planning ahead. Might have been worse last year for that, if I recall..
Most guests coming in here on the full weekends think we are empty mid week. I have no idea how they think any biz could stay open that is only open 8 days/month! If they are here mid week they want to know what is going on?
It surprises me. THEY came, why shouldn't others?

Definitely more bookings within the same week vs planning ahead. Might have been worse last year for that, if I recall..
2009 was sooooo BAD that:
I am 6 room nights short of tie
I have already suprassed gross revenue thru October 2009
I did NOT raise rates
(I have also had more weekday than usual)

I am 6 room nights short of tie
I have already suprassed gross revenue thru October 2009
I did NOT raise rates
(I have also had more weekday than usual)
gillumhouse said:
2009 was so bad I almost had to get a real job over the winter.
This, even tho I realize some folks here had their best year ever in 2009.

I was even going into July, when comparing to '09, but for July & August I am down 55% over last year. This is the worst since '03, but July & August are my slowest months. I keep saying bring on September!!!! Even though advance bookings are slow, they ARE coming in.
If my phone rings in the middle of the night this time of year, it would be the dreaded type of call.

I was even going into July, when comparing to '09, but for July & August I am down 55% over last year. This is the worst since '03, but July & August are my slowest months. I keep saying bring on September!!!! Even though advance bookings are slow, they ARE coming in.
If my phone rings in the middle of the night this time of year, it would be the dreaded type of call..
copperhead said:
I was even going into July, when comparing to '09, but for July & August I am down 55% over last year. .
Ouch. Here's hoping Sept fills right up for you.

I put the machine on at night or if I am having a nap no one disturbes my sleep without a dam good reason.

Back