What irks you more: Dirty guestroom floors or a dirty lobby restroom?: A new survey says dirty hotel-room floors

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the lobby restrooms are dirty, it is a safe bet the guestroom floors are also.

My guess is most guests never see the lobby bathroom so they don't care about it as much. They also tend to think, 'What a slob,' about the person who MADE the bathroom a mess vs the hotel staff that did nothing to clean it up. Altho, really, how many people go to the desk and say the bathroom in the lobby needs work? However, the entire area that is open to anyone who wanders in needs to be on a schedule for 'freshening'.
Another reason I don't let guests into the laundry room unless it is a dire emergency.
This AM I had someone looking for a guest show up at the door at 8:30 AM. They didn't know the guest's name (odd) and wanted to use the bathroom (odder still). I told them where the nearest restroom was (across the street) and next thing I know, another car pulls in and asks for the same guest! None of them knew each other but they were all here for the same event and must have decided to get together early in the day.
As my daughter says, 'Stranger things have happened, but none as strange as this.'

Back