What irritates you II (the sequel)

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bc30md

Reaction score
I've just had a new irritating guest behavior occur (curious if anyone else has experienced this...)!
Guest who has been here a few days (and will be here throught the weekend) has been HIDING dirty dishes -- behind picture frames, furniture, plants, etc... AND putting dirty dishes back among the clean ones!!!!! I am seriously pulling my hair out!!!! We have 3 rooms here right now (total of 6 ppl) so I don't know who the culprit is ... YET...

sounds daft but how did they get them? ie smuggled them out of breakfast and hid them?

sounds daft but how did they get them? ie smuggled them out of breakfast and hid them?.
We have a café area for the guests with a keurig machine (coffee) and a water dispenser and mini-fridge with milk for cereal and lemon for tea. We have some dry cereals and a few snacks (nuts, m&ms, chips). And a small ice-machine and a few assorted individual size juices.
Therefore, guests have mugs, glasses, small bowls, spoons, and small plates available to them.
**We do this because our kitchen area is private - off-limits to the guests - and this helps to keep them from poking around our private area if they are thirsty or are looking for a snack.

First of all, thanks for writing "The sequel" as that really made me laugh.
Hiding them to reuse so you won't take them, it sounds like. Putting them in with clean, just being an airhead, my family does that daily!

Yes, we have found used coffee cups and glasses hidden behind things. And, also put back on the shlef with the clean ones. No idea why someone would put things back on the shelf but totally understand those who hide 'their' cups. I got heck one day when I had the nerve to wash my MIL's coffee cup.
Is there a gracious way to bring it up at breakfast tomorrow? Or pop a little note in the guest area: Please put dirty dishes here, not back on the shelf! Thanks! Then leave them a little tray.
Probably a person who is afraid there won't be something there when they want it.
If you want to try humor: The kitchen fairies would like to thank you for giving them a real workout finding those cups and bowls behind the pictures and drapes. But, they're all worn out now, and they're afraid the ants might find the dishes first, so could you please put the dirty dishes on the counter. Thanks!
We told a guest the other day we have RFID chips in the handles of the mugs (as she was walking out the door with one in her hand at check-out). She gave it back and said she does that all the time.

What ?
wow.gif

Just when you think you've seen everything..............

Yesterday just before breakfast I went out to check the coffee area and there was a stack of two cups piled up, used, dirty. Yes dirty used cups in the coffee area near the clean ones.
I removed them to the kitchen.
At breakfast ye ol' geezer states "I don't have a coffee cup, someone took it" I replied "The dirty cups that were stacked in the coffee area?" Of course I knew what he was on about, and wanted to share with the full table that he put them there and stacked them like he was done. Which of course HE WAS DONE. IF he had the cup with him, I would not have touched it.
Then today I went up and one menu I have in the restaurant list "plastic sleeve" with a note "recommended by the innkeepers, just walk 3 blocks down hill" and they scratched that out, and apparently decided the innkeeper didn't know where this restaurant was and wrote "Go to sidewalk and turn left, it is on the corner"
Okay so the same "FRANK'S PIZZA" and "Pizza King" may seem the same to this guest, but it is NOT the same restaurant. (Oops am I in the iritations sequel I thread? haha)

That is kind of weird with tucking used dishes out of sight, but people do weird stuff.
Putting the dirty dishes with the clean ones...do you have a tray or something that's marked for used dishes? People are often oblivious, you know.
regular_smile.gif

Here I am on "The Sequel" to say THIS JOB SUCKS! My DDx2 are in our homecoming parade, first time for dozens and dozens of years they have a homecoming parade, first time one daughter has marched in a parade. I can't go cuz of full house check ins. It is now 5pm. But, what if they can't get in because the road is blocked for the parade?
I run out there and see dozens of floats,fire trucks, music, everyone cheering, smiling laughing waving...they have already gone by. TODAY I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER. If one guest complains about not getting here due to the parade I AM GOING TO LOSE IT. This sucks. Big time. My kids didn't see me wave and I am really mad. They will think "Oh yeah, another B&B moment."

Here I am on "The Sequel" to say THIS JOB SUCKS! My DDx2 are in our homecoming parade, first time for dozens and dozens of years they have a homecoming parade, first time one daughter has marched in a parade. I can't go cuz of full house check ins. It is now 5pm. But, what if they can't get in because the road is blocked for the parade?
I run out there and see dozens of floats,fire trucks, music, everyone cheering, smiling laughing waving...they have already gone by. TODAY I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER. If one guest complains about not getting here due to the parade I AM GOING TO LOSE IT. This sucks. Big time. My kids didn't see me wave and I am really mad. They will think "Oh yeah, another B&B moment.".
cry_smile.gif
Hugs to you...

I run out there and see dozens of floats,fire trucks, music, everyone cheering, smiling laughing waving...they have already gone by. TODAY I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER. If one guest complains about not getting here due to the parade I AM GOING TO LOSE IT. This sucks. Big time. My kids didn't see me wave and I am really mad. They will think "Oh yeah, another B&B moment.".
JB, that does suck!!!
angry_smile.gif

But at least you didn't get hit by flying candy thrown by the people on the floats.
regular_smile.gif
(Do they do that there? They did it during our kid's homecoming parades and I got beaned once or twice.)

<hugs>

I am fine, gulp.
smileystooges.gif

The rooms showed up and mentioned it. But, one room is here and he used to be a park ranger at one of our state parks, and used to live in this town years ago. He was surprised this parade happened as they never had a homecoming parade when he lived here. I told him it was the first year again, and in fact the very first homecoming queen of 50 years ago was in the first float.
It's kind of a neat story, as they had black schools and white schools back then. Now they have one big high school for the whole county. So tonight will be the BIG football game, the girls will play a big show prior to the game (not half time) and then in the stands during the game. Anyway, I learn some interesting history - even from guests at times!
TRIVIA: Booker T Washington went to school here. Yeah carrying the Burroughs girls books and lunches. He taught himself to read, which was illegal for a slave. and the rest is history...as they say. Oh and more trivia - I do water quality monitoring out at Booker T Washington National Monument, which is pretty cool. This assists in the park in managing the resources there vs visual management alone, and give early warning signs of watershed degradation.
If you are ever our this way, please come and see us! A few innmates here on the forum have been out to Booker T Nat Monument, but it was cold, so we didn't venture too far from the visitor center! (Come to think of it it didn't stop us from eating home churned ice cream at Homestead Creamery either!)

I am fine, gulp.
smileystooges.gif

The rooms showed up and mentioned it. But, one room is here and he used to be a park ranger at one of our state parks, and used to live in this town years ago. He was surprised this parade happened as they never had a homecoming parade when he lived here. I told him it was the first year again, and in fact the very first homecoming queen of 50 years ago was in the first float.
It's kind of a neat story, as they had black schools and white schools back then. Now they have one big high school for the whole county. So tonight will be the BIG football game, the girls will play a big show prior to the game (not half time) and then in the stands during the game. Anyway, I learn some interesting history - even from guests at times!
TRIVIA: Booker T Washington went to school here. Yeah carrying the Burroughs girls books and lunches. He taught himself to read, which was illegal for a slave. and the rest is history...as they say. Oh and more trivia - I do water quality monitoring out at Booker T Washington National Monument, which is pretty cool. This assists in the park in managing the resources there vs visual management alone, and give early warning signs of watershed degradation.
If you are ever our this way, please come and see us! A few innmates here on the forum have been out to Booker T Nat Monument, but it was cold, so we didn't venture too far from the visitor center! (Come to think of it it didn't stop us from eating home churned ice cream at Homestead Creamery either!).
My city LOVES a parade. So glad you at least got to see it. The cable guy got caught in our Frontier Days Parade traffic (I drove in it) and did not come to connect my cable that day!
I remember marching in parades - struttin' our stuff!! And half-time shows. Please tell the girls congratulations. Tell them I marched in my last half-time show last year - truth!
If ANY of you have the chance to get to JB, Booker T Washington Park is awesome, a really neat place. Even MORE awesome (and harder to really see because of the cold - January) is the D Day Memorial at Bedford. had it been warmer, I think I could have spent the whole day there. It is NEVER too cold for Homestead Creamery.

Yesterday just before breakfast I went out to check the coffee area and there was a stack of two cups piled up, used, dirty. Yes dirty used cups in the coffee area near the clean ones.
I removed them to the kitchen.
At breakfast ye ol' geezer states "I don't have a coffee cup, someone took it" I replied "The dirty cups that were stacked in the coffee area?" Of course I knew what he was on about, and wanted to share with the full table that he put them there and stacked them like he was done. Which of course HE WAS DONE. IF he had the cup with him, I would not have touched it.
Then today I went up and one menu I have in the restaurant list "plastic sleeve" with a note "recommended by the innkeepers, just walk 3 blocks down hill" and they scratched that out, and apparently decided the innkeeper didn't know where this restaurant was and wrote "Go to sidewalk and turn left, it is on the corner"
Okay so the same "FRANK'S PIZZA" and "Pizza King" may seem the same to this guest, but it is NOT the same restaurant. (Oops am I in the iritations sequel I thread? haha).
I found this in one of my guest info's they had crossed out a phone number and written in another one and I fricking know its right cos I know the owner!

We serve from a menu - ie whats on the menu we have. "do you have grapefruit?" well its on the menu so that would be a clue. Feel like saying no we advertise it on the menu so that we can say no sorry we don't have any.

We serve from a menu - ie whats on the menu we have. "do you have grapefruit?" well its on the menu so that would be a clue. Feel like saying no we advertise it on the menu so that we can say no sorry we don't have any..
We serve from a menu - ie whats on the menu we have. "do you have grapefruit?" well its on the menu so that would be a clue. Feel like saying no we advertise it on the menu so that we can say no sorry we don't have any.
You know, I used to think Fawlty Towers was a made up show. You prove, everyday, that they were spot on! The guests are daft.

We serve from a menu - ie whats on the menu we have. "do you have grapefruit?" well its on the menu so that would be a clue. Feel like saying no we advertise it on the menu so that we can say no sorry we don't have any..
You know, I used to think Fawlty Towers was a made up show. You prove, everyday, that they were spot on! The guests are daft.
Well the show was based on a hotel they stayed in while filming something else for monty python so there is a real Basil out there somewhere! It was the Gleneagles Hotel in Torquay! we so have to stay there!!!!

Back