What is the cure for a swelled head?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
My guests tonight are repeat guests. Last time they were here, he walked in and said, 'Where do you have us going this time?"
when they got here we chatted on the porch for a while before they wet for a walk on the rail-trial. When they got back we sat in the dining room with water and tes chatting some more. They told me they have stayed at 5 B & Bs. The first was at a castle in Ohio. They NEVER saw another human their entire stay. The key was on the counter when they arrived, food was in warming dishes for breakfast, and they left the key on the counter when they left. He said it was a wonder that they ever stayed at another, Now comes the reason for my swelled head - they told me this is the ONLY B & B they have ever gone back to and if they do not stay here at least once a year, they feel like they missed something.
He sent one of the teachers from his school here for a special anniversary (when the teacher said he wanted to take his wife somewhere special he said this was where he should go). That teacher told me that as much as Frank raved about this place, he did not tell the half of it! Frank told me when they came in tonight to not be surprised if his neighbors come here (they moved since the last visit) - new neighbors.
I knew it was her birthday so I had the rose for him to sign the card and give her. In the morning she will get a birthday cake (I got lazy and bought one) but they will start breakfast with a shrimp cocktail in the morning.

regular_smile.gif
Cure it, naw, revel in it. It's good inspiration for me (the story).

And you deserve it, "swelled heads" come from hard work.
Only known cure is a PITA, may the cure be far far away!

That's great! Just sooo good. And makes it easier to get past any bad days you may have.
Of course at my place they'll never see a soul, either, but I'll make that clear up front. I'm only looking for the self-sufficient guests who can take care of themselves (though of course I'll provide plenty of written info on stuff to do, where to eat, etc.)

Years ago, my friend Dani and her husband were going to one of the islands in Lake Erie for an anniversary. She decided to go to bed & breakfasts for the first time. She booked one night on the mainland before taking the ferry to the island and staying in another on the island.
The first one was actually a motel that had been told they should put bed & breakfast on the name to get more business. She said it was absolutely horrible and the only reason they went to the second B & B was it was too late to cancel it. Thankfully, it WAS a B & B - she said it was like night and day. She fell in love with them and today is in her 14th year as an innkeeper.
Let us hope the horibles go out of business before they poison the minds of too many people.

Kind of needing the cure for the swelled head tonight, except it's not from a repeat guest so doesn't really qualify.
Just got a call from someone who wants to stay in one of our riverside cottages this week (7 nights), but the cottage is already booked 2 nights right in the middle of the week.
The guy is willing to say 3 nights and then go to the hotel in town (20 minutes from the cabins) for the two nights the place is booked to somebody else, then come back for the weekend!!

Kind of needing the cure for the swelled head tonight, except it's not from a repeat guest so doesn't really qualify.
Just got a call from someone who wants to stay in one of our riverside cottages this week (7 nights), but the cottage is already booked 2 nights right in the middle of the week.
The guy is willing to say 3 nights and then go to the hotel in town (20 minutes from the cabins) for the two nights the place is booked to somebody else, then come back for the weekend!!.
YEA!!!!

Clearly you need a tiara! It's the only thing your head lacks to be just perfect.
=D
Kk.

Update on those guests:
They went to Jimmy's for dinner last night and were in total disbelief when they came back. He is a middle school principal and she is a high school English teacher. I did not know they were going to Jimmy's so had not warned him about the size of a Rosi. He had ordered one (homemade sausage sandwich that if served on a dinner plate you cannot see the plate because of the bun). A man who was sitting at the next table remarked that he could not imagine anyone being able to eat that whole sandwich. Frank said there was a kid at his school who could, that he was one of his special ed kids. They got to talking and when the bill came, the man told them their money was no good there. He paid their bill.
They said that usually when they say they are in education, they get nasty comments about the education system. This morning they were still shaking their heads in desbelief.
Then, before they left (we joined them at their request (4th visit) for what became a 2-hour conversation/breakfast), Frank hooked up the VCR/DVD for DH's new flat screen - he said I only had one wire wrong - and then showed DH how to work it!
I told you I get great guests!

Update on those guests:
They went to Jimmy's for dinner last night and were in total disbelief when they came back. He is a middle school principal and she is a high school English teacher. I did not know they were going to Jimmy's so had not warned him about the size of a Rosi. He had ordered one (homemade sausage sandwich that if served on a dinner plate you cannot see the plate because of the bun). A man who was sitting at the next table remarked that he could not imagine anyone being able to eat that whole sandwich. Frank said there was a kid at his school who could, that he was one of his special ed kids. They got to talking and when the bill came, the man told them their money was no good there. He paid their bill.
They said that usually when they say they are in education, they get nasty comments about the education system. This morning they were still shaking their heads in desbelief.
Then, before they left (we joined them at their request (4th visit) for what became a 2-hour conversation/breakfast), Frank hooked up the VCR/DVD for DH's new flat screen - he said I only had one wire wrong - and then showed DH how to work it!
I told you I get great guests!.
That is sweet.

The guy is willing to say 3 nights and then go to the hotel in town (20 minutes from the cabins) for the two nights the place is booked to somebody else, then come back for the weekend!!.
Arkansawyer said:
The guy is willing to say 3 nights and then go to the hotel in town (20 minutes from the cabins) for the two nights the place is booked to somebody else, then come back for the weekend!!
Here's the story on these nice folks.They are the most interesting guests we've had!
The very pretty, small young woman is a museum photographer and a writer from Norway. Her boy friend is a helicopter pilot from Israel!!!
They comute for relationship but had this opportunity to come to USA together for his work.
They are very nice, interesting and interested. They're now staying a total of EIGHT days split up by some intervening guests on Thurs and Friday.
He (company he works for) is doing contract work for the power company and she is along with him for R&R. They love being rural and in a small town!! She is thrilled the garden we plant for the guests has eggplant!
So, sometimes you get guests who break paddles and their CC gets declined, and sometimes you have great guests like these!

Back