What is the most you would ever pay for a set of sheets?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

River Wren

Reaction score
I get every catalog known and I see these sheet sets for big money sometimes $200 and up. Does anyone here spend that kind of money for a set of nice sheets? Where do you folks get your sheets from?

$50 for queen sheets is about my limit. Will say a reviewer just commented that the 'sheets are not the highest thread count' but I don't say anywhere that they are and they never will be. I'm not ironing all summer!

Never! I think I paid $35 or so for my sheets, which are wonderful! Luckily I have three sets per room, because the place I used to get them doesn't sell them anymore.....

I get sheets from Am eri can H otel Su ppl y most of the time. There is always something of good quality on sale at prices nowhere near $200.
I have also occasionally gotten some very good quality sheets at Ove rsto ck dot com, especially the clearance items.

My favorite are the 250 thread count garment-washed sets by Shabby Chic at T arget. I can often find them on sale for $60, and that is about my top limit. They are very crisp, 100% cotton and the laundry irons them. They wear well and you can mix and match the patterns if you're so inclined.

Yes we have spent $200 per sheet on Eygptian Cotton 1000 king count sheets from T h e C o m p a n y S tore. They are still in service four years later. Guests love them because they feel soft and smooth. I am now ordering through L u x or Linen s Hospitality division which I discovered last year and I am getting 1000 count sheets that are about $70 per king set. I've had these for about a year now and they are holding up well too. I have all king sized beds in each room and they all use the same white sheets which makes it easier.

Didn't mention I got my queen sheets at JCP. But the king sheets I get at Home Goods and the twin sheets are from Ralph Lauren.
JCP no longer stocks the sheets I like so I'm on the lookout as these are about 3-4 years old now. Tried Laura Ashley, hate them. The edges curl up so I have to iron. I hate ironing.
I'm getting more sheets for myself this week and will give Home Goods a try for the queen sets.

I prefer Egyptian cotton because I ain't ironing sheets! Pillowcases grudgingly. I also prefer 350 to 400 Thread count. And I do not htink I have ever spent more than $70 for a queen set. I hav etwo sets that the elastic pooped out on me and if I ever get around to redoing the elastic they will be back in service. Most of the sheets that are no longer in use are because of stains - not wear. Then they (queen anyway) come downstairs to our bed.

Didn't mention I got my queen sheets at JCP. But the king sheets I get at Home Goods and the twin sheets are from Ralph Lauren.
JCP no longer stocks the sheets I like so I'm on the lookout as these are about 3-4 years old now. Tried Laura Ashley, hate them. The edges curl up so I have to iron. I hate ironing.
I'm getting more sheets for myself this week and will give Home Goods a try for the queen sets..
Morticia said:
Tried Laura Ashley, hate them. The edges curl up so I have to iron. I hate ironing.
The Laura Ashley ones from Kohl's? I got some of those and they were awful. Couldn't tell you about the edges curling but the seams were spitting threads after the first laundry and they were very poor quality. I wouldn't recommend them.

Well we bought several sets recently from costco.com. They have 400TC Charisma® 6-pc Sheet Set 100% Egyptian Cotton for $52.99 for king and $46.99 for queen and includes free shipping and handling.

Well we bought several sets recently from costco.com. They have 400TC Charisma® 6-pc Sheet Set 100% Egyptian Cotton for $52.99 for king and $46.99 for queen and includes free shipping and handling..
Hello Nonnie and Pops....from what part of the country do you hail? Tell us a little about you!

I'm getting more sheets for myself this week and will give Home Goods a try for the queen sets..
Morticia said:
Tried Laura Ashley, hate them. The edges curl up so I have to iron. I hate ironing.
The Laura Ashley ones from Kohl's? I got some of those and they were awful. Couldn't tell you about the edges curling but the seams were spitting threads after the first laundry and they were very poor quality. I wouldn't recommend them.
Yes, the ones from Kohls. My SIL is a 'preferred shopper' so she gets all these wicked discounts and I had her order them for me. 4 sets. Love the pattern on them, hate the edges and yes, one of the pillowcases came apart.

I would never spend that kind of money on sheets. I usually got the Chris Madden from Penneys but they don't have them any longer. I think the most ever paid for a set was $80.

I would never spend that kind of money on sheets. I usually got the Chris Madden from Penneys but they don't have them any longer. I think the most ever paid for a set was $80..
I have found RL 300-400 thread count, white in Q & K at Marshall's for about $50/set.

$50/set for Queen, $70/set for King. We bought all cotton white sheets and I never went above 400 thread count because they wrinkled terribly. We ironed all our linens and the guests always commented on them. :)

Since I'm fairly small I really splurge on great sheets. I get Charisma sheets through Innstyle and they are about $100.00 for the set, on sale. They hold up really well and they feel great, but I do have to iron them. I could never do it if I had more rooms.

We found some wonderful Egyptian Cotton sheets at Target for $55.00 for a queen set. I won't pay more. There's no reason to. I agree with the previous entry that said that you shouldn't advertise your thread count. Just get good quality that doesn't feel like cheese cloth and doesn't have to be ironed....much.
We have had such a rash of sheets being stained by oily guests that we are contemplating going to all prints. You can't find a print in Egyptian Cotton, at least not an affordable one.

Arkansawyer said:
oceans said:
I am now ordering through L u x or Linen s Hospitality division which I discovered last year and I am getting 1000 count sheets that are about $70 per king set.
I can't find 1000 count sheets for $70/set at Luxor Linens Hospitality division. Is this something you can only get access to if you register with them?
I think you need to call and talk to someone about it. I was not able to order through the website. You will have to see what their current prices are. They sell some nice towels too. They sent me a sample of their hand towels.

Could you please go in a break your link? We try to be careful about creating links so this site will not be found by the casual person doing a search on a company, specialty product, etc
Thanks in advnce

Yes we have spent $200 per sheet on Eygptian Cotton 1000 king count sheets from T h e C o m p a n y S tore. They are still in service four years later. Guests love them because they feel soft and smooth. I am now ordering through L u x or Linen s Hospitality division which I discovered last year and I am getting 1000 count sheets that are about $70 per king set. I've had these for about a year now and they are holding up well too. I have all king sized beds in each room and they all use the same white sheets which makes it easier..
oceans said:
I am now ordering through L u x or Linen s Hospitality division which I discovered last year and I am getting 1000 count sheets that are about $70 per king set.
I can't find 1000 count sheets for $70/set at that site. Is this something you can only get access to if you register with them?

Back