What is the nicest thing a guest ever did or gave you out of gratitude?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep a big stack of thank you cards in the guest parlor with a ribbon around them, I love getting those in the mail or finding them in the room after departure. We've gotten countless bottles of wine, several large tips and had one of our best repeat guest couples take us out to a great dinner (hooo, those guests have a story to tell after their first stay here several years ago, thank god they've come back every single September since that boo-boo).
My favorite tho, is the wonderful notes that guests leave in the room journals. Last night we had two rooms stay together, and one of the rooms was 91-year old "Aunt Betty". She was so quick and witty, and could not give us enough compliments while she was here. Her journal note was written in a might shaky hand, but it was just so wonderful that I had to go upstairs, shut the bathroom door and compose myself before continuing the cleaning of her room.
But, by far the dogs get the most gifts...at Christmas time, they just pour in!

The aforementioned birdhouse gift.
HLB_Bird_House.jpg

And the model for it:
HLBfront.jpg
That is an incredibly thoughtful gift and keepsake! You'll always remember those folks, obviously. Cool!

Wow! This has been an amazing thread. Now doesn't everyone feel loved and appreciated?! We've received so many wonderful gifts and cards. All very unexpected and very much appreciated. One of our favorite guests is an avid reader and used to send us huge boxes of all of her "used" books. They were all brand new, hard cover editions. I loved getting those books and so did our other guests as we would sometimes put them in our "lending library". (She has now opened up a B&B of her own in Alaska!). The best gift though, is when you're sad and they are sad to be leaving because you feel like you're saying goodbye to family..
"The best gift though, is when you're sad and they are sad to be leaving because you feel like you're saying goodbye to family."
Just had some guests like that leave today and I felt like we didn't even spend that much time with them.
regular_smile.gif

Back