What is your business wardrobe budget?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']LL Bean sales fall in 2009[/FONT]
The Associated Press
In a typical year, the bed and breakfast owner budgets $700 for her business wardrobe, but last year she spent nothing at all. This year, she's budgeted ...

This was so cute I had to post it!

Well, she's got me beat even at $300! I get the Bean jeans on sale ($5 if you hit the right day and they have your size). Bass shoes (3 for 1- no, not 3 shoes, 3 pairs!). Pick up my socks in the sale bin by the door ($1/pr). T-shirts for JCP ($7.99 and I wait for free shipping). Sweaters (ditto JCP).
My big splurge this year was a sweater from Eddie Bauer ($34) that I waited 3 years to buy and I hate. (Love the sweater, hate the pilling.)

A few years ago we considered getting shirts for me, my wife and house help with our logo embroidered on the pocket but never did. Does anyone have uniforms?

A few years ago we considered getting shirts for me, my wife and house help with our logo embroidered on the pocket but never did. Does anyone have uniforms?.
I've wanted to do that, too. Nice denim shirts. Never did it. Will think about it now!

A few years ago we considered getting shirts for me, my wife and house help with our logo embroidered on the pocket but never did. Does anyone have uniforms?.
Bigbid said:
A few years ago we considered getting shirts for me, my wife and house help with our logo embroidered on the pocket but never did. Does anyone have uniforms?
I have baby blue polos with a creative logo and our name over right chest area. Unfortunately, when I ordered them they did not say they had "banded" short sleeves and DH will not wear them, he says they are too feminine. I wear them when it is short sleeve weather (soon, yeah!)

I have some shirts with the logo on them. I want to get aprons with the logo. (loves my aprons)

$700? $300??? This year I will have to get some more polo shirts. The old ones are wearing out. So I will probably spend $100 to 150 on shirts and aprons. I have my logo and inn name silk screened onto the left front of the shirts and the logo, inn name, webb site, and phome on the bib of the apron - taking up the entire bib. I will take a couple of the shirts for me and a couple for DH and the rest will go into the "gift shop". There are 2 guests who want aprons when I get them again right now.
We wearthese burgundy with white printing as our "uniform". I get them done at the local Sheltered Workshop. It has been a while so the shirts may be up to $15 each now. Will have to check into it - soon. They do good work and we help the handicapped - which is important to us (polio messed up DH's right hand and left leg and that made it quite difficult for him to get employment after his first company sold out when he was almost 40).

I buy a few of the white JC Penney St. John's Bay polo shirts from time to time when they come on sale and then have the yacht and the name "Sanctuary" emboridered on it by another company (about $14 each, then the embroidery is $18). I also get the khaki skorts (about $20 each). A pair crocks for outdoors and that's it. We don't wear shoes inside, and socks are worn just a few days a years, when no one is on the boat anyway (that is - when we have a cold snap in Miami - I've worn them way too many times this winter!).
The embroidery we have done is very nice. If you do this - take this tip: I wash the shirts before I had them emboridered. That way if there is any shrinkage, it happens before the ebroidery is done. Otherwise that spot of embroidery will curl afterwards. I wouldn't say I had an annual budget. I'm easy on my clothes and they last a long time. I just buy one here and there. Now, my engine room wardrobe....yeah, I go through that pretty quickly, but that's just old tee shirts and shorts, full of holes and oil and varnish stains. That wardrobe consists of anything that is just about ready for the rag pile.
This year, I've spent about $200 on "uniforms." But in the two years before, I've spent zero, to my cost is not much at all. I don't expect to have to buy any next year either, except perhaps one more shirt for the captain.

We just ordered a dozen short-sleeved polo shirts from dnj specialties at the PAII show - white with our logo in hunter green on the chest. That will be our shirt of choice for breakfast service and check-in - plus one to each housekeeper.

Back