What?? No paycheck??

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine

Reaction score
OK, So I ususally get paid on the last day of the month. didn't happen. didn't come today.. so I call my supervisor and he didnt get his either. He calls big boss, big boss says they are on his desk waiting to be sent out. My super says he needs his to pay his house payment, and asks if I can go pick up everyones checks and deliver them to the office closer to where we work (I live half way between headquarters and our office). Big boss says "NO". My super again states we need our checks. Big boss says I can pick up mine and the supervisors only. Everyone else has to wait!
He says its because our comp hasn't gotten paid for two months! What? Whered the money come from for last months paychecks? We are "GRANT" funded, and have won the grants every year. Doesn't that mean the $$ is there? Does he get it all at once or is it paid monthly to our comp?? I don't know how grants work.
I deposited my check right away but can't help wonder if its going to bounce! grrrrr (yes, this is for my house payment too).
This isnt' the first time this has happened, and each time its for a different reason. I'm wondering if there is some terrible mismanagement of funds going on (which wouldn't be the first time that has happened with him either).
I REALLY NEED TO GET THE B&B GOING FULL TIME. ....

SORRY this has happened. This is scarry considering our U.S. state of affairs. I work full time outside the B&B also but for a small college. If you own a B&B it helps to have one partner working with benefits. I wonder what the % of B&B's have a partner working full time ? Mary in Bwater.

It is a nightmare on both ends as I have a house I rent out and two of the tennants in it (ie they rent rooms) didn't pay me last month one because he didn't get paid either and the other lent all his money to his brother as he wasn't paid. Am still waiting to be paid from the first one though the other paid me two months rent this month to make up. It doesn't help when that money is already allocated (ie mortgage payments) so that pulled my finances to the limit. It is like a vicious cycle.

It is a nightmare on both ends as I have a house I rent out and two of the tennants in it (ie they rent rooms) didn't pay me last month one because he didn't get paid either and the other lent all his money to his brother as he wasn't paid. Am still waiting to be paid from the first one though the other paid me two months rent this month to make up. It doesn't help when that money is already allocated (ie mortgage payments) so that pulled my finances to the limit. It is like a vicious cycle..
YIKES ! I have rental property also. Right now I have good tenants but not always in the past. Been sued (it was canceled by them, would have lost) had a fist in my face,my dog kicked,etc. but the equity has helped my B&B growth. In the long run its been a" good thing"...Mary in Bwater.

Did it clear?
I worked for a company once who basically had annual debt and holding back the paychecks one day at the end of their season (annual) helped them quite a bit, or mailing the AP past due. It was a seasonal company and pay day literally came the 5th of July for the entire year. I will give a top score to the innmate who guesses what type of company it was?

Never worked for a "grants" org but I do know that when the City gets grants (and with the Matching Ad Partnership Program for us with Tourism) WE pay and then can draw down on the funds (City grants) and with the MAPP get reimbursed. Your situation sounds like a felony situation if funds are being mismanaged.

Did it clear?
I worked for a company once who basically had annual debt and holding back the paychecks one day at the end of their season (annual) helped them quite a bit, or mailing the AP past due. It was a seasonal company and pay day literally came the 5th of July for the entire year. I will give a top score to the innmate who guesses what type of company it was?.
yes, it did clear. I have no clue when the others got their checks. You are right it sounds like a felony. He was involved in a felony (embezzlement) before, and was under house arrest! I'da hoped he learned his lesson. He is handling hundreds of thousands of dollars every month!

Did it clear?
I worked for a company once who basically had annual debt and holding back the paychecks one day at the end of their season (annual) helped them quite a bit, or mailing the AP past due. It was a seasonal company and pay day literally came the 5th of July for the entire year. I will give a top score to the innmate who guesses what type of company it was?.
yes, it did clear. I have no clue when the others got their checks. You are right it sounds like a felony. He was involved in a felony (embezzlement) before, and was under house arrest! I'da hoped he learned his lesson. He is handling hundreds of thousands of dollars every month!
WOW! I can not believe any governing agency would allow a grant if the person repsonsible for the money has a record relating to money issues.
wow.gif

Did it clear?
WOW! I can not believe any governing agency would allow a grant if the person repsonsible for the money has a record relating to money issues.
wow.gif

copperhead said:
wow.gif
Was that written in sarcasm?
Otherwise I will leave it alone...I will I will I will. I won't watch the news...I won't say one word about it. May I just compile a short list? Oh wait, I said no word about it. BYE!

Did it clear?
wow.gif

copperhead said:
wow.gif
Otherwise I will leave it alone...I will I will I will. I won't watch the news...I won't say one word about it. May I just compile a short list? Oh wait, I said no word about it. BYE!
Joey Bloggs said:
copperhead said:
wow.gif
Now what do you think?
poke.gif

Did it clear?
wow.gif

copperhead said:
wow.gif
ONFLMAO!!!!!!!

Did it clear?
Okay, I'll bite. Was it a fireworks company?

Back