What Percentage of PITAs are Women?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reminds me of Flo on the old Alice tv show.
moz-screenshot-3.jpg

flo.jpg

moz-screenshot-2.jpg
SweetiePie said:
moz-screenshot-3.jpg

flo.jpg

moz-screenshot-2.jpg
And this is why we don't own a diner...

I have had both male and female PITAS. My big pet peeve are the men who come as part of a couple, but then hit on you when the girl friend is not present.
Freaking' DOGS!.
The Farmers Daughter said:
I have had both male and female PITAS. My big pet peeve are the men who come as part of a couple, but then hit on you when the girl friend is not present.

I really HATE that, especially when it happens to me.
embaressed_smile.gif

Proud Texan said:

embaressed_smile.gif
I happy you are amused at my expense. It is a situation that is akward, uncomfortable and totally inappropriate. Then you have to deal with them as a couple for the rest of their stay. It doesn't happen often, but when it does its a very tricky situation.

Freaking' DOGS!.

embaressed_smile.gif

Proud Texan said:

embaressed_smile.gif
I happy you are amused at my expense. It is a situation that is akward, uncomfortable and totally inappropriate. Then you have to deal with them as a couple for the rest of their stay. It doesn't happen often, but when it does its a very tricky situation.
Proud Texan said:

embaressed_smile.gif
As long as you're happy.

SweetiePie said:
What's really tricky is when this happens with a gay couple. I haven't had any problems with the men. However, the women are a different story. I'm not gay, but occasionally one of the women will think I'm interested in her partner or vice verse. Don't ask me why; I have no idea.
lol yes, that is tricky! ohhhh....you little vamp!
wink_smile.gif

moz-screenshot-3.jpg

flo.jpg

moz-screenshot-2.jpg
SweetiePie said:
moz-screenshot-3.jpg

flo.jpg

moz-screenshot-2.jpg
Bree said:
SweetiePie said:
moz-screenshot-3.jpg

flo.jpg

moz-screenshot-2.jpg
>gag< And this is why I no longer drink......
Just remember, Flo had no problems telling people who made her mad to..."Kiss my grits!"

moz-screenshot-3.jpg

flo.jpg

moz-screenshot-2.jpg
SweetiePie said:
moz-screenshot-3.jpg

flo.jpg

moz-screenshot-2.jpg
Bree said:
SweetiePie said:
moz-screenshot-3.jpg

flo.jpg

moz-screenshot-2.jpg
Just remember, Flo had no problems telling people who made her mad to..."Kiss my grits!"
Willowpondgj said:
Now, that's just plain nasty.
smiley-char124.gif

moz-screenshot-3.jpg

flo.jpg

moz-screenshot-2.jpg
SweetiePie said:
moz-screenshot-3.jpg

flo.jpg

moz-screenshot-2.jpg
Bree said:
SweetiePie said:
moz-screenshot-3.jpg

flo.jpg

moz-screenshot-2.jpg
Willowpondgj said:
Now, that's just plain nasty.
smiley-char124.gif

Define PITA and I will give my answer.
Not always inclined to feel the pita is all about the female, sometimes they are male inflicted. Example: guests midweek who require early breakfast emailed to tell me her husband will not eat anything that has an egg flavor. Could it be he would leave it on the plate and not worry about it, and she is taking the "mother" role and informing me to be "helpful" therefore becoming an "instant pita" from her email? Probably. Not many men have worried about any of this, if they don't like fruit, what do they do? Send it back? No they just don't eat it.
So for me, I believe much of the pita activity that drives the innkeepers mad on this forum is just "natural behavior."
I don't think it has anything to do with emotional creatures, the pitas I have had have never been emotional..
Those couples really irritate me. The guys do not speak to me. They either stare out the window or put the paper up in front of their faces. SHE has to do all the talking and generally will slip into the kitchen and 'just mention' that her husband cannot have whatever is being served. Nightmare situation because he will tell HER he DOES want it and she'll tell me he can't eat it. And all the while I am standing right there.
Plus the whole 'I won't deign to speak' attitude, 'my minion will handle this' irks me. Who knows, maybe I'm reading it wrong. Maybe he's not snobby, maybe he's scared to death to say boo.
And he's coming back in a couple of weeks! I just realized who I'm describing! 5 years now and I think the most he's said to me had something to do with wanting a condiment we didn't have and his sneer that, 'Of COURSE you wouldn't have that in THIS state.' So, OF COURSE, when he is coming I buy the biggest bottle of it I can find and plop it on his table along with the fruit.
5 years of his not saying 'good morning' or 'yes, thanks, I'd like some OJ,' or anything else that might pass for breakfast conversation, much less politeness toward the woman with the perfect opportunity to poison his breakfast.
wink_smile.gif
And his wife fills in the spaces and he glares at her for interrupting his solitude. Right, he's not afraid to say boo, what was I thinking.
I'm trying a different tack with this type from here on out. I will poke the paper and say, 'Hon, you want any juice or not? How about sausage, will you be having any of that this morning?' Maybe I'll break out a couple of sticks of gum while I'm at it. I'll have to practice snapping my gum while I talk. And I'll put the Bronx on while I'm at it. Oh joy, I can't wait!
We just had a couple last week who were both very friendly from 10am and beyond, but the male was a real curmudgeon in the morning. I just chalked it up to not everybody being chipper early even in the midst of other happy people.
So after two mornings of the grumbles and barely a kind word to his server, me, but glowing everything about the place, the food, the cook, etc. I was ready to write him off as a DNBA for my sake.
As they were leaving, the wife hugs me, he hugs my better half, they proclaim how wonderful of a time they had, were going to tell all their friends about us and the final words from him were "Man, I'm relieved to find a B&B where the hosts aren't mean or grouchy all the time"
Go figure....

I would have to admit most of the PITA's I have had were women but when they are men, it is that they are just plain grumpy. Case in point the man here last night. His wife has stayed with us several times for work for long periods of time. Last long bout was 2 years ago when she was with us every other week for 8 months. During that time, her husband came for 1 weekend. She is so very pleasent, I can not believe he is so damn grumpy.
So she is back again for another long evey-other week stay and I had forgotten his disposition until he came to visit for the weekend. As soon as he hit the door, my memory of him came soring back and it did not take him long to hit me below the belt. Well, our daughter had just taken an arm full of personal laundry up stairs, and little did she know that a piece of 'personal' clothing had fallen on the stairs and no one had gone up since. As he ascended the 2nd 1/2 of the stairs (we have split stairs with a landing) where I could not see, his wife spotted the article and brought it down to me, and he said VERY boldly to her as she rejoined him "what kind of house IS this!" DH was turning all shades of red...not in embarrisment, he was POed. I had explained to her of what must have happened and she just chuckled and shrugged her shoulders before joining him and his cocky mouth. This morning, nothing at all was said about it. He was quiet this morning but his actions showed he was still grumpy. She must have said something to him though. I have just avoided speaking to him any more than is a must. In this case, SHE is my guest and as long as I can keep HER happy, she will continue to stay with me. I just will walk that fine line for one more day, then he will be gone!
I know she likes it here - when the business contacted her to come back, BEFORE she signed the contract to get started, she told them she needed to contact me to make sure I had rooms for her and her assistant. Now THAT is a testimonial!

Yeah, being grumpy is being grumpy, not a pita, they can be as grumpy as they want.
wink_smile.gif

I would have to admit most of the PITA's I have had were women but when they are men, it is that they are just plain grumpy. Case in point the man here last night. His wife has stayed with us several times for work for long periods of time. Last long bout was 2 years ago when she was with us every other week for 8 months. During that time, her husband came for 1 weekend. She is so very pleasent, I can not believe he is so damn grumpy.
So she is back again for another long evey-other week stay and I had forgotten his disposition until he came to visit for the weekend. As soon as he hit the door, my memory of him came soring back and it did not take him long to hit me below the belt. Well, our daughter had just taken an arm full of personal laundry up stairs, and little did she know that a piece of 'personal' clothing had fallen on the stairs and no one had gone up since. As he ascended the 2nd 1/2 of the stairs (we have split stairs with a landing) where I could not see, his wife spotted the article and brought it down to me, and he said VERY boldly to her as she rejoined him "what kind of house IS this!" DH was turning all shades of red...not in embarrisment, he was POed. I had explained to her of what must have happened and she just chuckled and shrugged her shoulders before joining him and his cocky mouth. This morning, nothing at all was said about it. He was quiet this morning but his actions showed he was still grumpy. She must have said something to him though. I have just avoided speaking to him any more than is a must. In this case, SHE is my guest and as long as I can keep HER happy, she will continue to stay with me. I just will walk that fine line for one more day, then he will be gone!
I know she likes it here - when the business contacted her to come back, BEFORE she signed the contract to get started, she told them she needed to contact me to make sure I had rooms for her and her assistant. Now THAT is a testimonial!.
Copperhead said:
I know she likes it here - when the business contacted her to come back, BEFORE she signed the contract to get started, she told them she needed to contact me to make sure I had rooms for her and her assistant. Now THAT is a testimonial!
He sounds like he's constipated. Feed 'em prunes!
smiley-char124.gif

She may appear to be a PITA because she is so used to answering to her Master's Voice that she knows what he is going to demand/want and she is as surprised as anyone when he goes with the flow. It is called if I can keep him happy I can have a good vacation. Thus SHE appears to be the PITA.

This is not a pita but an observation - the info-maniacs. They take everything to read. I put out a paper, they snatch it right up, magazines about the area I have on the deck, they take those, anything everything they take them to their room and the rest of the house is void of information. They go through all the books in the rooms, drawer info, booklets. I like to see this, they enjoy it and absorb it all. Sometimes you wonder why you put stuff out, so this is good.

We are 25% women, 75% men for PITAs that will not be allowed back !
Riki

Freaking' DOGS!.

embaressed_smile.gif

Proud Texan said:

embaressed_smile.gif
What's really tricky is when this happens with a gay couple. I haven't had any problems with the men. However, the women are a different story. I'm not gay, but occasionally one of the women will think I'm interested in her partner or vice versa. Don't ask me why; I have no idea.

We are 25% women, 75% men for PITAs that will not be allowed back !
Riki.
Why is that?
SweetiePie said:
Why is that?
Male pitas? Because when they are bad they are REALLY BAD! Ie drunk, foul, disruptive, you know what I mean. Females just get under your skin. (As far as beign bad guests) for the most part. Exceptions apply to everything.

Back