what should I serve?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! What a spread! Sounds wonderful!
I'd probably delete some (biscuits and gravy, egg & cheese puff), but that's because it's hard enough for me to get things done on time, and you're talking a LOT of food!
What are pineapple boats?
=)
Kk..
Simple Pineapple Boats
1 medium pineapple
Fresh raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, halved seedless red or green grapes and or sliced strawberries (or any seasonal fruits)
Orange honey yogurt sauce (optional; recipe below)
Use a sharp knife to quarter the fresh pineapple lengthwise leaving crown intact. Remove core from each pineapple quarter.
use the knife to loosen fruit from peel. slice fruit crosswise into 1/4 slices alternately slide pineapple slices out in opposite directions. garnish each with the fresh fruit. Serve with or drizzle orange honey yogurt sauce (optional)
Orange-Honey Yogurt Sauce:
In a small bowl, combine one 6 -8 ounce carton vanilla lowfat yogurt, 1 tablespoon honey, 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel or 1/4 teaspoon dried orange zest, (in a pinch I have used 1 tablespoon frozen concentrate orange juice and this works too) and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. transfer sauce to a serving bowl. cover and chill for at least 30 minutes (can make day ahead). mkes 1 1/4 c.
I will most definately add this to my "special" days menu. Spice things up a bit ;) My partner does the fresh fruit dish so I guess I am adding it to her list. tee-hee

I'd probably delete some (biscuits and gravy, egg & cheese puff), but that's because it's hard enough for me to get things done on time, and you're talking a LOT of food!
=)
Kk..
Simple Pineapple Boats
1 medium pineapple
Fresh raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, halved seedless red or green grapes and or sliced strawberries (or any seasonal fruits)
Use a sharp knife to quarter the fresh pineapple lengthwise leaving crown intact. Remove core from each pineapple quarter.
use the knife to loosen fruit from peel. slice fruit crosswise into 1/4 slices alternately slide pineapple slices out in opposite directions. garnish each with the fresh fruit. Serve with or drizzle orange honey yogurt sauce (optional)
In a small bowl, combine one 6 -8 ounce carton vanilla lowfat yogurt, 1 tablespoon honey, 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel or 1/4 teaspoon dried orange zest, (in a pinch I have used 1 tablespoon frozen concentrate orange juice and this works too) and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. transfer sauce to a serving bowl. cover and chill for at least 30 minutes (can make day ahead). mkes 1 1/4 c.
So each guest gets 1/4 of the pineapple? That sounds like a great presentation. I will do fresh pineapple spears & slices into the spears & put kiwi slices in them and then garnish with a fresh strawberry salsa & maybe a dab of vanilla yogurt. I call them pineapple boats too - I guess they're "mini boats" since I can get eight out of one pineapple
teeth_smile.gif

Samster said:
I call them pineapple boats too - I guess they're "mini boats" since I can get eight out of one pineapple
teeth_smile.gif
So, if you use canned pineapple rings, does it become a "life preserver"?

=)
Kk..
Simple Pineapple Boats
1 medium pineapple
So each guest gets 1/4 of the pineapple? That sounds like a great presentation. I will do fresh pineapple spears & slices into the spears & put kiwi slices in them and then garnish with a fresh strawberry salsa & maybe a dab of vanilla yogurt. I call them pineapple boats too - I guess they're "mini boats" since I can get eight out of one pineapple
teeth_smile.gif

Samster said:
I call them pineapple boats too - I guess they're "mini boats" since I can get eight out of one pineapple
teeth_smile.gif
So, if you use canned pineapple rings, does it become a "life preserver"?
Yuk, yuk...sure
teeth_smile.gif
Or they could be Pineapple Toobs (tubing down the Guadalupe....)

Back