What sort of deal?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Oh the cheapening effect we feel when someone asks us this! "If we book 4 rooms, what sorta deal will you give us?" The same deal as if you booked 4 airline tickets. The rate is the rate. We don't secretly charge other guests more, but you will get the real rate.
As I cook your food, as my husband is trimming the hedge outside, and our daughter is serving you...as we wash the linens and clean your toilets...bake you goodies for check in... yeah why not, we don't deserve the actual rate we have the rooms listed!
The real rate vs the fake rate we post on line just to fool people
lightbulb.gif

(Yes this is a vent, thank you, back to it now...)

I used to get it but not recently. I do offer a discount for multiple night stays.
Mentioning AAA is usually a sign of time wasters.
I have seriously thought in the past of upping my rates by 15% and giving a 10% discount for turning up breathing.

You wonder what those people would do if their boss asked them the same thing at the end of their work day.

Better yet, it's 4 rooms on a Saturday of a holiday weekend. Yeah, like I'm even going to take a one nighter at full price much less a discount.
Or, this one - how much is the room? I quote a price. WHAT? How come it isn't (insert winter rate here), isn't it winter up there? Yes, rez for this week. It's winter here folks. No matter what the calendar says. (This is why I hate the media that spent all Labor Day weekend telling the world the state was closing down on Monday. "Season's over folks, nothing to see here, might as well wait until next May to come here. We're closed for business. See ya!")
Both of them were very condescending during the stay as well. Kind of like that pearly gates scene where St Peter asks you to justify your existence before you get in. Spare me.

Actually, when you buy more tickets, the rate often goes up. I just did it for someone, if I bought two tickets separately, the first was $185 and the second was $210. If I booked 2 at the same time they were both $210.
Did you tell them you have a group charge?

Better yet, it's 4 rooms on a Saturday of a holiday weekend. Yeah, like I'm even going to take a one nighter at full price much less a discount.
Or, this one - how much is the room? I quote a price. WHAT? How come it isn't (insert winter rate here), isn't it winter up there? Yes, rez for this week. It's winter here folks. No matter what the calendar says. (This is why I hate the media that spent all Labor Day weekend telling the world the state was closing down on Monday. "Season's over folks, nothing to see here, might as well wait until next May to come here. We're closed for business. See ya!")
Both of them were very condescending during the stay as well. Kind of like that pearly gates scene where St Peter asks you to justify your existence before you get in. Spare me..
The more they ask for a discount, the more of a PITA they are going to be, because they want to get their money's worth on their perception of it. Count your silverware, check your glasses, did they take the sheets?

Both of them were very condescending during the stay as well. Kind of like that pearly gates scene where St Peter asks you to justify your existence before you get in. Spare me..
The more they ask for a discount, the more of a PITA they are going to be, because they want to get their money's worth on their perception of it. Count your silverware, check your glasses, did they take the sheets?
Sugar Bear said:
A group booking is here tonight. When I walked in from the store there were 6 phone messages (I have the door sign that says Check in begins at..." and that's it. "Uh B&B this is Maureen Smith...remember we booked four rooms a month ago, I have the confirmation" The sign does not say GO AWAY WE ARE ON VACATION, it says CHECK IN BEGINS AT... and it doesn't say 12:57pm! or 1:32pm or 1:45pm or 2:04pm or 240pm!"
I already emailed Maddie to say SHE IS BEING THOUGHT OF HERE TODAY. :) They are PITAS before they even arrive...they will leave no drawer unopened, no doors latched...

Sugar Bear said:
A group booking is here tonight. When I walked in from the store there were 6 phone messages (I have the door sign that says Check in begins at..." and that's it. "Uh B&B this is Maureen Smith...remember we booked four rooms a month ago, I have the confirmation" The sign does not say GO AWAY WE ARE ON VACATION, it says CHECK IN BEGINS AT... and it doesn't say 12:57pm! or 1:32pm or 1:45pm or 2:04pm or 240pm!"
I already emailed Maddie to say SHE IS BEING THOUGHT OF HERE TODAY. :) They are PITAS before they even arrive...they will leave no drawer unopened, no doors latched...
Good Grief...what part of read do they NOT UNDERSTAND??? So, it is 4 pm..are they there yet?

Sugar Bear said:
Doorbell rings at 3:15... twice. I grit my teeth already. Is that the way to start your vacation... on my nerves?

Sugar Bear said:
Sheesh! I hope they're only there for 1 night!

Sugar Bear said:
SIX??? Holy cow!

Someone knocked on the door the other night, nealry fell over backwards when I told her the rate.
Said "Isn't there somewhere cheaper around here", so I sent them to the Tra velod ge. Ha! That'll teach them.

I think I should just start them out by asking "okay, which one is the comedian? Is it YOU big guy?"
there is always one.
one time when I was young someone said to me "sarcasm is wrong."
this is always the humor of the "comedian" in the mob mentality.
So here they are, the asst innkeeper who got the comment of SHE IS OUTSTANDING today and a $25 tip got her first group/mob check in today.
she ran in three times saying, and I quote "it's chaos out there!"
i heard "the comedian" say when she handed them all the front door code and explained they will need that as this store stays locked..."are ya gonna give us these little notes everywhere we go in here?"
She started to leave the area and I said "stick around...you have about five more interruptions before they are done!"
...and she did.
currently on the porch in loudest voices possible. Fun!

Sugar Bear said:
Good Grief...what part of read do they NOT UNDERSTAND??? So, it is 4 pm..are they there yet?
EmptyNest said:
asst innkeeper was ready, tuckered out but ready. She was on the porch and when they came around she said hello and welcome. Holding the door for them...one (you know his nickname now) says "oh, you mean we can go in!?"
sarcasm only ticks people off dude

Sugar Bear said:
EmptyNest said:
asst innkeeper was ready, tuckered out but ready. She was on the porch and when they came around she said hello and welcome. Holding the door for them...one (you know his nickname now) says "oh, you mean we can go in!?"
Joey Bloggs said:
...one (you know his nickname now) says "oh, you mean we can go in!?"
Amen! And there are so many who just HAVE to say something they think is clever for every situation that comes up. I want to taser them every time they do it.

Someone knocked on the door the other night, nealry fell over backwards when I told her the rate.
Said "Isn't there somewhere cheaper around here", so I sent them to the Tra velod ge. Ha! That'll teach them..
Isn't the Highlander worse? :)

Sugar Bear said:
EmptyNest said:
Joey Bloggs said:
EmptyNest said:
And then there are some people who don't process sarcasm, like my son. He would have answered it as though he had been answering any other question ever posed. It's incredible to watch him do it. He's 14 and seriously doesn't 'hear' it.

Sugar Bear said:
EmptyNest said:
Joey Bloggs said:
EmptyNest said:
And then there are some people who don't process sarcasm, like my son. He would have answered it as though he had been answering any other question ever posed. It's incredible to watch him do it. He's 14 and seriously doesn't 'hear' it.
Penelope said:
Joey Bloggs said:
EmptyNest said:
yes that is how she is also also Penelope. I was in here getting mad on her behalf. Ha as for her outlook, I don't think she understands that a complete stranger can walk straight up to YOU who are helping them and say something that is not nice, or necessary.
A good lesson to us all.
dont get me wrong I adore a dry sense of humor!

Back