What things do you have near you right now?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Example of the misc stuff from where I am sitting at my desk:
WD-40, a screwdriver, a stack of recordable DVDs, camera, SD card reader, a pile of SD cards, southern living magazine, keys, reg office stuff: ie folders, notepads, binder, rack cards, books, printer, ipad w square reader attached ...
innkeeping%20quote.jpg

A stack of mail, papers, a bill and a donation request to write checks for, monitor, phone, tape measure, casserole dish with my breakfast, coffee cup, newspapers, a paperback book, an almost empty bottle of tea, Some DVDs I created, and normal desk stuff including a bag about half full of dark Hers h ey kisses. I do have a small opening for my mouse.

On my desk or thereabouts:
  • bulletin board with pix of my kids, my old '55, Camberley's place, post cards from the NY World's Fair in the 60's, cards and poems from DH, other post cards of favorite places, pithy sayings. I look at that all day when I'm not looking out the window.
  • an inn mug full of pens
  • the guest book
  • things to blog about
  • my prescription to fill
  • camera
  • gift cards and admission tix to local stuff
  • a field guide to birds
  • things to do list
  • stacks of business cards
  • my favorite spaceship lamp
  • all the office accoutrements

my cell phone; a Lowe's sale flyer, some cold medicine, a dish towel, vitamins, a basket of clean laundry and a cup of coffee.
Aussie Innkeeper said:
my cell phone; a Lowe's sale flyer, some cold medicine, a dish towel, vitamins, a basket of clean laundry and a cup of coffee
Glad to hear about the coffee...
shades_smile.gif
an innkeeper's tool of the trade. haha

my cell phone; a Lowe's sale flyer, some cold medicine, a dish towel, vitamins, a basket of clean laundry and a cup of coffee.
Aussie Innkeeper said:
my cell phone; a Lowe's sale flyer, some cold medicine, a dish towel, vitamins, a basket of clean laundry and a cup of coffee
shades_smile.gif
Today I'm in Vermont for my nephew's wedding so I'm surrounded by family and none of the usual stuff.

Aussie Innkeeper said:
shades_smile.gif
Today I'm in Vermont for my nephew's wedding so I'm surrounded by family and none of the usual stuff.
Innkeep said:
Have fun!

A stack of mail, papers, a bill and a donation request to write checks for, monitor, phone, tape measure, casserole dish with my breakfast, coffee cup, newspapers, a paperback book, an almost empty bottle of tea, Some DVDs I created, and normal desk stuff including a bag about half full of dark Hers h ey kisses. I do have a small opening for my mouse..
LOL, I have small opening for my trackball. That is why this week's work is being done NOT at my desk. Too much paper to spread out, collate and crunch numbers from!

Aussie Innkeeper said:
shades_smile.gif
Innkeep wins!:)

At my B&B desk here ,right in front of me is a large calendar ON THE WALL with all the days divided into 3 (as I have 3 rooms). Then the usual office stuff. Above the calendar are shelves. to the right a cork board for more stuff.To my left a printer & horizontal files always opened. I use a lap top and wifi, have square + c.card machine, chair, waste can, another cork board, shelves, land line phone ,cable tv, etc.etc. It works for me.

I refuse to itemize for fear all will know just how much of a pack rat I really am.
embaressed_smile.gif

My "office" is a desk built into a wall of cabinets in front of window in the kitchen. There is a beautiful view east over rolling meadows to the great marsh, outer beach and ocean. I could go on and on about the view because I lose a lot of time, when I should be working, looking out this window! The window sill holds a small sculpture of a dancer (in my soul I am a dancer), a couple of love birds (representing me and DH), a group of beach stones and sea-glass, and a wireless digital thermometer reading the temp. outside.
In my immediate surroundings are the usual: printer, i-Mac, backup hard-drive, telephone, notepad, cubby holes with bills, binders, pens etc., calendars (one for our appointments, one for the suites in the house and one for the cottage). There is a small basket that contains the misc. things I have accumulated over the last few days: 2 catalogues for comfy clothes, 2 pair of sunglasses, gloves, gift certificates, business card for interior painting, and my mother's bills.

My "office" is a desk built into a wall of cabinets in front of window in the kitchen. There is a beautiful view east over rolling meadows to the great marsh, outer beach and ocean. I could go on and on about the view because I lose a lot of time, when I should be working, looking out this window! The window sill holds a small sculpture of a dancer (in my soul I am a dancer), a couple of love birds (representing me and DH), a group of beach stones and sea-glass, and a wireless digital thermometer reading the temp. outside.
In my immediate surroundings are the usual: printer, i-Mac, backup hard-drive, telephone, notepad, cubby holes with bills, binders, pens etc., calendars (one for our appointments, one for the suites in the house and one for the cottage). There is a small basket that contains the misc. things I have accumulated over the last few days: 2 catalogues for comfy clothes, 2 pair of sunglasses, gloves, gift certificates, business card for interior painting, and my mother's bills..
I forgot my basket of beach rocks!

In my immediate surroundings are the usual: printer, i-Mac, backup hard-drive, telephone, notepad, cubby holes with bills, binders, pens etc., calendars (one for our appointments, one for the suites in the house and one for the cottage). There is a small basket that contains the misc. things I have accumulated over the last few days: 2 catalogues for comfy clothes, 2 pair of sunglasses, gloves, gift certificates, business card for interior painting, and my mother's bills..
I forgot my basket of beach rocks!
Yea, gotta have those...and I also have a small skeleton of some see critter...white bleached bone I found on the beach.

Back