What to do ..... sleep or "get things done"

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tipsy Butler

Reaction score
I find this to be a consitent (although not often available) dilemma and would love to know what you do ......
Today - DH has no consulting work so can work the store. I only have two change overs and enough laundry / ironing done to get through the next few days.
I was able to do a REALLY THOROUGH cleaning / polishing job yesterday and (if I get OFF this forum) will have my change overs / fluffs done by about two o'clock. Both sets of new guests are going to be late(ish) arrivals. SO - once everything is done, do I
  1. Take a nap (I am incredibly sleep deprived and haven't managed one single nap since late May)
    or
  2. Do I push on through the waiting pile of ironing / laundry / bills. I was ironing until 12;00 last night, but doing more will leave me feeling a great sense of calm and accomplishment this evening and (depending on the arriving guests) allow me to enjoy an evening with my husband.
  3. Of course, there's always our personal laundry ...... but we're good for a couple of days yet.

Take a nap...you need it, you deserve it...you'll feel soooooooooooo much better!
teeth_smile.gif

Take a nap...you need it, you deserve it...you'll feel soooooooooooo much better!
teeth_smile.gif
i vote for the nap ... it's dark and cold and rainy here today about an hour from you. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Definitely take a nap. When you are sleep deprived, you do not operate on "all cylinders", so you don't get done as much as you could be, even though you are putting in as many hours. It's easier for the mind (and therefore the body) to get sidetracked. Take a nap and refresh yourself.

I was just sitting here comtemplating the same thing. lol! DH took all the sheets of the beds in four rooms, gathered used towels and put new liners in trash cans.
We have another 4 couples tomorrow. Now -- do I go up and do just one one room, and leave the other three for tomorrow?
Or, do I settle in and watch Dr. Phil, Judge Judy, Oprah?
Big decision!!!

Back