What to do tomorrow?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
I have mentioned this before but wasn't going to bring it up again but now I'm frosted. Had a guest this morning waving his insulin needle in my face telling me he couldn't have sweets, didn't I see this needle?His wife was yelling across the dining room asking what his numbers were.
His wife gave him his shot at the table with all the other guests privy to the whole procedure.
We planned a different breakfast for him tomorrow because of the scene this morning.
Tonight I saw him and was going to tell him this but what is on the table in front of him? A dense, frosted piece of cake.
So, do I go thru the whole needle waving thing tomorrow when I serve French toast or do I just be gracious and make what I know he is supposed to eat?

Give him a rice cake and a glass of water. He asked for it!

Bring him a special meal. It will placate him. And you will know exactly what he really is....
If you really want to get his goat, make him an Israeli breakfast. Diced tomato, cucumber, onion and bell pepper as a salad, a plain yogourt and a lovely hard boiled egg. That will keep his insulin low as heck!
700544972_564e118f79.jpg

I think you should provide him a breakfast that fits what his diet should be. Unless you know where the cake came from just assume it is a sugar free desert. It probably is not but for his sake feeding him a proper diet will be best. And you can't be blamed for his high reading!

I think you should provide him a breakfast that fits what his diet should be. Unless you know where the cake came from just assume it is a sugar free desert. It probably is not but for his sake feeding him a proper diet will be best. And you can't be blamed for his high reading!.
It was the cake I put out. I know it wasn't sugar free.

You are not his keeper. He is an adult. He can manage his food intake himself. If he can't eat it, he should let you know ahead of time. You aren't a dietitian or a restaurant. Why should one bozo dictate the menu?

Worse than that...guests who actually made a face at the breakfast. Threw DH off altogether. We have just finished serving breakfast. We started at 7:30. NOT planned. But 3 rooms were parked in the dining room at 7 so we fed them. They were still there as I was trying to get the other 4 rooms seated.
LONGEST breakfast EVER.
The face-makers never bothered to tell us they didn't want a sweet breakfast. We were supposed to guess. But, geez louise people, you are adults, do not make a face when you don't want something.
OK, done ranting. Off to clean. Too many check-outs today. Sigh.

Worse than that...guests who actually made a face at the breakfast. Threw DH off altogether. We have just finished serving breakfast. We started at 7:30. NOT planned. But 3 rooms were parked in the dining room at 7 so we fed them. They were still there as I was trying to get the other 4 rooms seated.
LONGEST breakfast EVER.
The face-makers never bothered to tell us they didn't want a sweet breakfast. We were supposed to guess. But, geez louise people, you are adults, do not make a face when you don't want something.
OK, done ranting. Off to clean. Too many check-outs today. Sigh..
again....tough luck buddy. Eat it or not...there is always cereal. If I saw him make a face, I would have said..Is there a problem? Then ..well there is cereal and fruit, yogurt...help yourself.
What part of "this is not a restaurant" don't they understand!!!

Back