What to do...what to do....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I've contacted the guest by sending two e-mails (one from each of my two accounts in case one was marked as 'spam') and I've sent her a message on Facebook. NO RESPONSE!!
Now what?
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
Aussie Innkeeper said:
Well, I've contacted the guest by sending two e-mails (one from each of my two accounts in case one was marked as 'spam') and I've sent her a message on Facebook. NO RESPONSE!!
Now what?
So, you've narrowed down who the money belongs to, you've contacted them twice via email and once via FB and you've not received a reply in how long? A week? (Figuring they may be on vacation and not in contact.)
I'd give it a month of waiting and then I'd have a little party.
Altho, I gave away a weekend stay and it took the person 6 months to get back to me so I could send her the GC. You never know what's important to people.
Madeleine said:
Aussie Innkeeper said:
Now what?
So, you've narrowed down who the money belongs to, you've contacted them twice via email and once via FB and you've not received a reply in how long? A week? (Figuring they may be on vacation and not in contact.)
I'd give it a month of waiting and then I'd have a little party.
Altho, I gave away a weekend stay and it took the person 6 months to get back to me so I could send her the GC. You never know what's important to people.
What about the old fashion phone call? Do you have one? Otherwise I would email & FB them again in a couple weeks stating that you feel you have made all attempts to reach them and that if you have not heard back from them by _________ you will consider they are not interested and will consider it a gift to YOU. Do this as well if you call and must leave a message. That puts an urgency to it and you won't be in a predicament if they contact you 6 mths from now and you have already spent the money.

No. Don't have a phone number. No address, either. I usually try to secure both bits of info from guests, but isn't it always the time you don't have this info that you need it the most!?

Really, it's time to give it up. It seems that you care more about it then they do. Keep it for a month, then have a good time with it!

Back