What to do....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egoodell

Reaction score
Okay, I knew it would happen someday, but Chris is steamed. We've been running wine tours for 7 years - no problems. The inn for over two years, no problems.
Had someone argue about a one night stay for her neice - it was an old gift certificate for one night and when i first made them didn't think to note on the gift certificate that weekends are a required two night stay.
The aunt called when we told them two nights only on weekends and went on and on and since she wanted to come at a slower time so we figured we'd just get her out of the way. I knew she would be trouble.
Chris took them on the wine tour and they were incredibly rude. I'm guessing they are in their 30s. They have a child (!!).
When they came back from the tour they sat on the deck and guzzled a bottle of wine.
So now (at least the husband called me both times) she has just thrown up on the bed the second time. The husband is catching it so it has not hit the waterproof mattress cover. I've made the bed twice and have told him there is no more comforters to be had.
Chris is mad because he won't make her go outside and walk.
I'm just hoping she falls asleep and doesn't have any more food to throw up.
If he calls us again and says she got sick on the bed again I think we'll tell them to leave, and just risk the aunt's wrath (she bought the gift certificate.)
Husband is fine but not having a good time. He has offered to pay for damages. I will get his credit card since we can't do the blanket and comforter in house, and frankly, I'm worried about the condition of the bathroom.
What would you all do? Chris is hopping mad and wants to know.
Edited to add: Chris thinks the sheets will be ruined due to acid or something in her vomit. I'm hoping since we're trying to wash them all tonight they might be saved. Does anyone know so that I'm prepared when I ask for his credit card in the am? He did offer to pay for damages, so I'm going to ask for a card since we don't have a big washer yet so cannot wash the blanket and comforter in house. I'll be able to check for other damage after they go. If they sneak out in the morning I'll have to email them for it, I guess.
RIki

Wow, sorry. Look at it this way...maybe she is really sick, not just drunk sick. (And be careful with all that linen!)
I have been unsuccessful in getting linen (and carpet) clean that has been drunk sick-ed on. Could have been the alcohol content or just might have been we weren't told soon enough and that particular day we had other, bigger problems to handle. But, the linens the guest washed immediately (bless her) were ok. It was the bedskirt & carpet that weren't. (I ended up having to rearrange the furniture until the carpet was replaced.)

Thanks Bree. No, she is obnoxious and a drunk - could hardly walk the last time I saw her. She is not sick.
We're washing linen but Chris thinks he sees stains...we'll see. Chris says they look like bleach spots - the color is taken out.
Riki

gross. did she not know how much she was drinking?
hmmm ... i haven't had things ruined ... badly soiled but they came clean and weren't ruined. it seems like it's the combination of wine in the vomit that is causing the issue.
did you take his credit card info? that's important. best approach i can think of is neutral. no scolding, no sympathy, other than providing means to catch and clean. and thank you for paying for damage. i wonder, could she be pregnant?

gross. did she not know how much she was drinking?
hmmm ... i haven't had things ruined ... badly soiled but they came clean and weren't ruined. it seems like it's the combination of wine in the vomit that is causing the issue.
did you take his credit card info? that's important. best approach i can think of is neutral. no scolding, no sympathy, other than providing means to catch and clean. and thank you for paying for damage. i wonder, could she be pregnant?.
We plan to finish wash and check linens in the am. Did not take a credit card this time - long story but will in the am. He offered to pay damages so I don't think there will be a problem - I sure don't think they want me contacting the aunt who puchased the gift for their info.
Don't think she is pregnant. She is nasty and obnoxious. Was rude to the pourers all through the wine tour.
RIki

Bleach spots.... this would worry me also. They're ruined probably. I run my B&B by myself and this has made me take the guests problems 1/2 as well as couples do.
angry_smile.gif
Get a CC tonight.Cry now and laugh about it in one year.Mary in Bridgewater.

End of the story - the other charming couple tell us they almost called us since they could hear the kids fighting and yelling but they just left for dinner early. Chris had tried to stop them from drinking and they told us they were going to take a nap and be ready for their ride to dinner at 7:30.
We were eating dinner upstairs in our loft and that's when they called us about 7pm with the start of the vomiting.
I checked every half hour walking the dog outside after the last episode to make sure they were being quiet, so fortunately when the others got back at 11pm they were quiet. The others knew what was going on since I put the port and chocolate in their room instead of the tasting room.
We're lucky they just laughed it off since they were able to get a good night's sleep. We were washing linens until 11pm and I just finished washing the suite floor cleaning up dried vomit.
They showed up to breakfast - she acting like nothing had happened. He looked embarrased. Chris asked her how she was feeling, and she only said "much better, thanks!" What a piece of trash.
Last night the husband told us that he would be happy to pay for damages, and was taken aback when Chris asked for his credit card information. He told Chris that we had his information from the registration form. He actually thought that we would trust them to send them a bill?????
As soon as they left we went in to check and air out the room. No keys. Called them and she was a bit testy telling me they left them right where they were when they checked in. Phone call 2 minutes later that they had them, so I made them come back and return them.
These were not even hotel people. They were motel people.
RIki

Anti-Icky-Poo works wonders on those nasty smells, human or animal. It's enzyme-based so safe - and green.
Soak the floor, the bed, around the toilet, wherever. Just let it dry and the enzymes will have eaten up the nasties, whatever they were.

Anti-Icky-Poo works wonders on those nasty smells, human or animal. It's enzyme-based so safe - and green.
Soak the floor, the bed, around the toilet, wherever. Just let it dry and the enzymes will have eaten up the nasties, whatever they were..
Thank you! We have the bed things at the dry cleaners for which they are paying - and the floor and rug are fine. It looks like we will lose the basket woven waste basket but that only cost $10 so I may just toss it and get another.
Anti-Icky Poo - never heard of it! I'll google to see where to buy it. Good to know, thank you!
RIki

Back