What to serve with...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
... Apple pie ice cream?
I'm trying to picture what to serve with ice cream that tastes like apple pie. Shortbread? Vanilla wafers? Cheddar cheese?

I love apple pie ice cream!!!
In a long ago previous life, I worked at Thrifty Drug Stores. We sold Thrifty brand ice cream which offered a 'flavor of the month.' Apple pie was October's flavor. (Pumpkin pie was November!)
I loved it with chocolate sauce.
How about gingerbread? Or caramel sauce?

I love apple pie ice cream!!!
In a long ago previous life, I worked at Thrifty Drug Stores. We sold Thrifty brand ice cream which offered a 'flavor of the month.' Apple pie was October's flavor. (Pumpkin pie was November!)
I loved it with chocolate sauce.
How about gingerbread? Or caramel sauce?.
Gingerbread sounds interesting.

French toast with caramelized apples. Slice apples, butter in pan, fry apples, sprinkle a little cinnamon sugar.

French toast with caramelized apples. Slice apples, butter in pan, fry apples, sprinkle a little cinnamon sugar..
Generic said:
French toast with caramelized apples. Slice apples, butter in pan, fry apples, sprinkle a little cinnamon sugar.
We do this with pancakes.

Bacon
The answer is always bacon.
Chocolate dipped bacon, honey glazed bacon.
I wanted to share something for Valentine's Day and beyond for innkeepers, I was working on this, and to some of you it won't really make sense, but to others it will.
Add your inn name on it or wherever if you are innterested in using this phrase. I have it wrapped to use in smaller spaces, like on a coffee mug.
Bacon%20the%20other%20love%20lang-red%20love-LARgE-1200b.png

The phrase at the top as well. "The answer is always bacon." I think innkeeping should be fun, not a ball and chain, be goofy and quirky and have some fun. Guests love fun!

French toast with caramelized apples. Slice apples, butter in pan, fry apples, sprinkle a little cinnamon sugar..
Generic said:
We do this with pancakes.
For pancakes I would suggest doing... pancakes, crumbled pretzels, caramel sauce :)
There are other brands out there are larger containers. Monin, Torani, Ghirardelli, daVinci. Nice to buy the squeeze bottle to keep and then the larger one to fill. Also can be used on ice cream or in coffee :)

French toast sticks, maybe - homemade, not frozen. For a starter?.
InnSemiRetirement said:
French toast sticks, maybe - homemade, not frozen. For a starter?
Rolled in cinnamon sugar? Churros?
Yes, a starter.
Morticia said:
Well, I love churros, so yes, but they are a PITA to make if you deep fry them. Churros
I would take the easy way out and do the oven baked sticks.They might not need a roll in the cinnamon sugar - let the ice cream do the sweet talking. French Toast Sticks

InnSemiRetirement said:
Yes, a starter.
Morticia said:
Well, I love churros, so yes, but they are a PITA to make if you deep fry them. Churros
I would take the easy way out and do the oven baked sticks.They might not need a roll in the cinnamon sugar - let the ice cream do the sweet talking. French Toast Sticks
Have you made these? What kind of bread did you use? (Gotta say, the photo they used doesn't make me want to run to the kitchen!)

InnSemiRetirement said:
Yes, a starter.
Morticia said:
Have you made these? What kind of bread did you use? (Gotta say, the photo they used doesn't make me want to run to the kitchen!)
Morticia said:
No, I haven't made them. Closest thing I've made is crunchy french toast, which might also work if you cut it into logs. I use Texas Toast, usually. It's better if it's a little stale. Soak it in the eggs/milk/vanilla/spices, roll it in crushed cornflakes, freeze for a few hours. Bake it in the the oven about 10 - 15 minutes at 400, or you could griddle it if you wanted to.
Maybe this pinterest recipe will appeal to your eyes more.

Back