What tool do you use to tie your social media together?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarcZ

Reaction score
Interested in what programs you as innkeepers use to tie your social media together. I can understand that keeping an inn, and a blog, and a twitter, and a FB, and a pinterest, and, instagram.....etc is a lot of work. What programs do you personally use to keep all of your social media platforms uniform as efficiently as possible? What programs do you most commonly use? Facebook and Blogs are pretty popular platforms that can be shared through twitter , pinterest and other link sharing forms of Social Media- Where do you alot the most time?

Do you mean someone actually keeps their social media together? I know everyone talks about the importance of social media, but I guess because of my age, I don't get it.
I use Facebook period. I make regular entries, but I can't tell that it's made any difference to my bottom line. I think Twitter is a waste of time.

Do you mean someone actually keeps their social media together? I know everyone talks about the importance of social media, but I guess because of my age, I don't get it.
I use Facebook period. I make regular entries, but I can't tell that it's made any difference to my bottom line. I think Twitter is a waste of time..
Proud Texan said:
I use Facebook period...I think Twitter is a waste of time.
But I guess there are those who skip Facebook and spend a lot of time on Twitter. I guess if there's a way to post to both at the same time, why not do it.
Regarding Facebook, we try not to post real often as that wears people out, but posting an occasional photo that reminds our Facebook friends of how much they enjoyed their visit here, might cause them to think about coming back to see us again.
It's quick and easy to do, doesn't bombard people with too many posts, and I can see value in it.

I use Hootsuite occasionally, like others still to be convinced that social media is any use as a marketing tool. I've had 1 booking so far where people said they found us on FB.

When I get around to setting it up, I will probably be using Hootsuite.

I use Facebook period. I make regular entries, but I can't tell that it's made any difference to my bottom line. I think Twitter is a waste of time..
Proud Texan said:
But I guess there are those who skip Facebook and spend a lot of time on Twitter. I guess if there's a way to post to both at the same time, why not do it.
Regarding Facebook, we try not to post real often as that wears people out, but posting an occasional photo that reminds our Facebook friends of how much they enjoyed their visit here, might cause them to think about coming back to see us again.
It's quick and easy to do, doesn't bombard people with too many posts, and I can see value in it.
I have a thing that links twitter to facebook ie post on twitter and it shows up on facebook. I use it for pictures of things I wouldn't put on my proper "grown up" web site ie im out and about in harrogate and snapped this on my phone and so on.

Proud Texan said:
Arkansawyer said:
Remember that not every FB fan sees every post. So, if you post once/week you might have 20% of your fan base see something. Not necessarily a different 20% every week.
I do about 5 posts/shares everyday. I try to space them out so they don't all show up one after the other.

Proud Texan said:
I have a thing that links twitter to facebook ie post on twitter and it shows up on facebook. I use it for pictures of things I wouldn't put on my proper "grown up" web site ie im out and about in harrogate and snapped this on my phone and so on.
I do the reverse...post on FB it shows up on Twitter. Same thing...candid shots I wouldn't necessarily put on the website.

Cam/Maddie - what is the linking tool called? I had used something and it worked for a while but stopped for no apparent reason. It was linking my blog, twitter and FB together.
I listened to a webinar someone put together on the subject and it had so many steps to the process that by the time I had linked it all together all of it would be obsolete! I need easy
embaressed_smile.gif

Cam/Maddie - what is the linking tool called? I had used something and it worked for a while but stopped for no apparent reason. It was linking my blog, twitter and FB together.
I listened to a webinar someone put together on the subject and it had so many steps to the process that by the time I had linked it all together all of it would be obsolete! I need easy
embaressed_smile.gif
http://apps.facebook.com/twitter/
this is the link - wasn't difficult

embaressed_smile.gif
I just used whatever tool is on FB. Google 'send facebook posts to twitter' and everyone and their uncle has a how to page. I really don't remember!
I don't send blog posts anywhere. If I want them to show up I post them on FB. Some of them ae just me talking, nothing newsworthy!

embaressed_smile.gif
There, Cambs is so organized, she had the link!

Proud Texan said:
One thing I noticed about Twitter posting to Facebook, is that there is no SHARE option for your viewers. One of our local restaurants is always posting menus and pictures on FB through Twitter. I can never share them on my page, because there is no option.

Proud Texan said:
One thing I noticed about Twitter posting to Facebook, is that there is no SHARE option for your viewers. One of our local restaurants is always posting menus and pictures on FB through Twitter. I can never share them on my page, because there is no option.
the reason I do it twitter first (so to speak) is you are limited in your characters with twitter so if it is too long it gets cut off where as facebook is unlimited so doesn't have that problem.

Proud Texan said:
Yes! That is annoying. I'm always looking for the share button for fun stuff and it's not there. Then I have to go find the original webpage and link to that.

I use https://posterous.com/ to link things. I just email my "whats happening this week" letter to my posterous email account and it sends it to my facebook, twitter, my b&b website and my blog (which is on posterous). Free and easy.

I use https://posterous.com/ to link things. I just email my "whats happening this week" letter to my posterous email account and it sends it to my facebook, twitter, my b&b website and my blog (which is on posterous). Free and easy..
This looks great! Now to set up and test it out. Keep your fingers crossed I am not tech savvy!

I've used Hootsuite in the past and really liked it. For each post you can check off which social media platform will get it. You can also select a date & time for the post if you want to do all your work in one day & have it spread out over a time period.

Proud Texan said:
Arkansawyer said:
... but posting an occasional photo that reminds our Facebook friends of how much they enjoyed their visit here, might cause them to think about coming back to see us again.
I would rather use proven methods of advertising.

Proud Texan said:
Arkansawyer said:
... but posting an occasional photo that reminds our Facebook friends of how much they enjoyed their visit here, might cause them to think about coming back to see us again.
Proud Texan said:
Arkansawyer said:
C'mon, it takes all of 5 seconds to post a photo of your place on FB and try to engage some potential guests. And it's free! My best photo yet? A bowl of fresh strawberries. How easy is that? It takes me 20 minutes/day to post, chat, share and I'm on to other things.
Just because it's not 'proven' doesn't mean it's not working subtly in the background.

Back