What tool do you use to tie your social media together?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you mean someone actually keeps their social media together? I know everyone talks about the importance of social media, but I guess because of my age, I don't get it.
I use Facebook period. I make regular entries, but I can't tell that it's made any difference to my bottom line. I think Twitter is a waste of time..
Proud Texan said:
I use Facebook period...I think Twitter is a waste of time.
But I guess there are those who skip Facebook and spend a lot of time on Twitter. I guess if there's a way to post to both at the same time, why not do it.
Regarding Facebook, we try not to post real often as that wears people out, but posting an occasional photo that reminds our Facebook friends of how much they enjoyed their visit here, might cause them to think about coming back to see us again.
It's quick and easy to do, doesn't bombard people with too many posts, and I can see value in it.
Arkansawyer said:
... but posting an occasional photo that reminds our Facebook friends of how much they enjoyed their visit here, might cause them to think about coming back to see us again.
I would rather use proven methods of advertising.
Proud Texan said:
Arkansawyer said:
... but posting an occasional photo that reminds our Facebook friends of how much they enjoyed their visit here, might cause them to think about coming back to see us again.
C'mon, it takes all of 5 seconds to post a photo of your place on FB and try to engage some potential guests. And it's free! My best photo yet? A bowl of fresh strawberries. How easy is that? It takes me 20 minutes/day to post, chat, share and I'm on to other things.
Just because it's not 'proven' doesn't mean it's not working subtly in the background.
Madeleine said:
Proud Texan said:
Arkansawyer said:
C'mon, it takes all of 5 seconds to post a photo of your place on FB and try to engage some potential guests. And it's free! My best photo yet? A bowl of fresh strawberries. How easy is that? It takes me 20 minutes/day to post, chat, share and I'm on to other things.
Just because it's not 'proven' doesn't mean it's not working subtly in the background.
Were'nt you the one bemoaning the fact in another thread that there are never enough hours in the day for personal time? ...you are wasting your time on Facebook.

Do you mean someone actually keeps their social media together? I know everyone talks about the importance of social media, but I guess because of my age, I don't get it.
I use Facebook period. I make regular entries, but I can't tell that it's made any difference to my bottom line. I think Twitter is a waste of time..
Proud Texan said:
I use Facebook period...I think Twitter is a waste of time.
But I guess there are those who skip Facebook and spend a lot of time on Twitter. I guess if there's a way to post to both at the same time, why not do it.
Regarding Facebook, we try not to post real often as that wears people out, but posting an occasional photo that reminds our Facebook friends of how much they enjoyed their visit here, might cause them to think about coming back to see us again.
It's quick and easy to do, doesn't bombard people with too many posts, and I can see value in it.
Arkansawyer said:
Proud Texan said:
Arkansawyer said:
Madeleine said:
Proud Texan said:
Arkansawyer said:
Were'nt you the one bemoaning the fact in another thread that there are never enough hours in the day for personal time? ...you are wasting your time on Facebook.
Proud Texan said:
What I was bemoaning was the fact that going out for lunch wasn't relaxing because of all the work piling up at home while I was gone. FB isn't that kind of work. If I gave up FB it would give me, maybe, 20 minutes/day. Now, giving up LAUNDRY would give me a few hours!

Hootsuite is becoming quite popular lately. I might suggest Tweetdeck, this is my "go to" twitter program I like that you are able to post to your major social networks - everything from Facebook,tumblr, to even yes, myspace. It also includes an automatic link shortener, so that your tweets do not have to be so short when posting links to your blog, site, or FB.
Tweetdeck will also "preview" images for links that have images. Another popular function, which I haven;t utilized but perhaps some of you may enjoy is that you can schedule tweets in advance; this would be helpful if you have a few tweets you'd like to share throughout the week and you just do not have the time to login so often.
I find it funny that noone mentioned Pinterest, which is fast becoming one of the most popular social media platforms out right now. This is a perfect outlet for innkeepers, as it is a great way to share your site, pictures, and recipes. Essetially it is an online pinboard, that can be easily shared to your other platforms as well.

Back