What types of souvenirs do you collect when you travel?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We get postcards or local photo pages from our travels. The kids put them in a binder and we keep them for their homeschooling folders. Easy to pack, easy to store.

One thing I always thought would be fun is to get a haircut and style in a foreign land. I have yet to do it, it usually happens before the trip. I thought it would be a fun experience and something to take back with me (and memorable)..
I have done this with significant others and it is a nightmare if the language is work and you are a bit picky about your hair. Tears has been the normal outcome. Just my experience.

Finding the local brew and bringing home the beer mats - later I look at them and it puts me right back in the spot where I got them.

The souvenirs is not what is interesting......it is the way it was transported......in this story.
When in High School my parents took me on a 7 country tour of Europe.. Second day, France. Parents had me sit for a portrait.
OK, now.....how to leave that in luggage till returning home ?
Didn't want to fold it
When we got on the tour bus after getting the portrait done. 1 lady took a roll of TP from her bag she unraveled it and gave us the core.......by the next morning we collected enough cores from the bus to securely place the portrait in.

Back