What was a fond memory or something very memorable from YOUR stay at a B&B?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I felt like my answers were not all that positive on the other thread, as I really could not recall that much from my first few stays at B&B's.
A question I ask nearly all my guests:
"What was something very memorable from YOUR stay at a B&B? A fond memory."
My answer:
Fresh fruit on my plate picked right from the property at every B&B in Costa Rica and Hawaiian Islands. Papaya,Mango, Bananas from right outside the window and passion fruit. I loved that!! This made it extra special to me.
What is your answer? Please share.

Mmmm yes! Fresh banana pancakes in Puerto Rico made from fruit grown on the property...made up for a lumpy mattress!

Does it have to be a positive memory? If yes, then the very first B&B I stayed at had a split of champagne in the fridge for us on arrival as I had said we were on our honeymoon. I will not forget how that made me feel.
If a positive is not required, then the place with no heat when it was snowing outside will be a lasting memory!

Fond memory - same trip as below with friends 1987 in the Poconos. A farmhouse that charged us $25 per night per room with shared bath. Breakfast the next morning was a box of cereal, juice, coffee, milk for cereal of course, and toast. For $25 + tax that was great. What made it memorable was the innkeeper & her daughter ran the B & B in the house built by the innkeeper's grandfater for his bride and the daughter had just that night become engaged! We were invited to join the celebration but declined due to weariness.
MOST memorable was in Vermont where we chatted with the innkeeper in the evening in front of the fireplace and she said she had a kennel so the kitchen was stocked and we were to make whatever we wanted and she came in later to clean up. We were traveling with another couple and this time reservations had been made well in advance with prepayment of $60 + tax per room. Next morning we found coffee and 1 egg. We were glad our friends had experienced the other inn the night before.

Does it have to be a positive memory? If yes, then the very first B&B I stayed at had a split of champagne in the fridge for us on arrival as I had said we were on our honeymoon. I will not forget how that made me feel.
If a positive is not required, then the place with no heat when it was snowing outside will be a lasting memory!.
It is each person's post so you can post what ever you want. Here is my flip side of the coin same trip.
On the same trip in Maine we stayed in a bed and breakfast that was just bought by a couple from CA and having been in the two super ones, in my humble opinion, didn't think there were on top of their game. First I was shocked to see a big dog with a lot of hair in the kitchen. After that I was suprised to see a tip envlope. So I guess that many years ago and being on a trip where I was a frist time guest the issues we talk about here are the same. Also I was disapointed she didn't have any magizines except Opera Magizines. I guess I formed my opinion in the first two. I looked last year when we went back to Maine and they are no longer running the bed and breakfast.
The next one on the same trip we a bigger inn and I was so excited to see the had TVs. I was ready to see the news. There were no TVs in the first 3.
After that trip we were sure we were die hard bed and breakfast people. I really gave me a sense of how different each one is and to embrace that.

Back