What was the most pleasant surprise you found in a guest room?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've had tips of all denominations, from $5 to $50 (and the big ones always seem to come from the unlikeliest guests). We've had countless cards, bottles of wine and even flowers on three occasions. My favorite card was one that a guest made from a photograph of the ceiling artwork in the dining room. Really personal and lovely!

not left in the room ... had guests come to me with wine, beer and fresh fruit, that they wanted to leave behind. i was very happy.

A guest drew a sketch of the front of our Inn in our room journal, along with a really sweet note about all the things she loved about our place. They only stayed for one night!

Boxes of chocolates, money, nice notes. One artist guest left a small watercolor drawing of our stone wall with the fall foliage in the background. We loved it so much we asked him to paint our house and used it for Christmas cards.

Two sisters were doing a meet in the middle. It was off-season and the booking sister told me money WAS an object so she booked one of the shared bath guestrooms for them. I decided to give them both rooms for the price. When they left, there was a shopping bag in one room with a card with my name on it and a card in the other room. Both were lovely cards thanking me for making their visit so enjoyable - they have totally different sleep patterns and separate rooms made it a joy. In the bag was one of those non-sew throws that they had spent their last evening together making for me. I treasure it.

While money is always nice, I really treasure a wonderful note in the room journal.
regular_smile.gif
Just had one this morning that almost made me cry because it was so sweet. Had a $50 tip not long ago but I haven't had any gifts in awhile which I think are way cooler... Wah!
cry_smile.gif
I don't seem to be able to keep my cash tips to spend on something just for me. :-(

One guest left a hand knit blanket for my little baby boy. She left a beautiful note saying that it was tradition in her family for her mom to make every new baby a blanket and how happy her mom would be for a precious little baby in Hawaii to have one of her blankets. Her mom passed about 3 months before she came for her visit.

Money, beautiful journal entries, and wine!
RIki.
DITTO...Rlki..but 2 x's I have gotten a $100.00 tip in the 7 yrs I have been opened. Mary in Bridgewater,Va.
Mary at Bridgewater Inn and Cottage said:
DITTO...Rlki..but 2 x's I have gotten a $100.00 tip in the 7 yrs I have been opened. Mary in Bridgewater,Va.
Wow...that is a nice surprise! Were those special circumstances? Wedding? Anniversary? Etc?

One was an elopement wedding but they broke a fake antique dish that I bought at a yard sale.Never talked to me just left $100.00. I guess they thought it was real. The second $100.00 was left by a couple that got a gift certificate from an in law in Calif. but really had a great time here for four days.
regular_smile.gif
mary in bridgewater.

Back