What Was...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way to go innmates! What a wide variety of taste and creativity. I would love to sit down to every single one of those breakfasts.
heart.gif
Breakfast Diva said:
Way to go innmates! What a wide variety of taste and creativity. I would love to sit down to every single one of those breakfasts.
heart.gif
Come on!
Ice said:
Breakfast Diva said:
heart.gif
Come on!
Let me lose another 20 lbs before I start THAT road trip!
I take you just the way you are. So come on up.

heart.gif
Breakfast Diva said:
heart.gif
Come on!
Ice said:
Breakfast Diva said:
heart.gif
Come on!
Breakfast Diva said:
Ice said:
Breakfast Diva said:
heart.gif
Come on!
Wish I had just 20 to lose.
angry_smile.gif

The usual full Scottish or veggy full. Or french toast made from brioche, bacon & maple syrup, french toast topped with banana and salted caramel sauce or tarragon mushrooms on toast topped with poached eggs.

The usual full Scottish or veggy full. Or french toast made from brioche, bacon & maple syrup, french toast topped with banana and salted caramel sauce or tarragon mushrooms on toast topped with poached eggs..
Should I tell you what I pay for 540ml of maple syrup? Let's just say that if the price is GBP4, I'm feeling ripped off. Usually pay about GBP3.25, but it can go as low as GBP2 once a year when we stock up.

heart.gif
Breakfast Diva said:
heart.gif
Come on!
Ice said:
Breakfast Diva said:
heart.gif
Come on!
Breakfast Diva said:
Ice said:
Breakfast Diva said:
heart.gif
Come on!
angry_smile.gif

Ice said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Ice said:
Breakfast Diva said:
heart.gif
Come on!
angry_smile.gif
Yeah, me too
wink_smile.gif

The usual full Scottish or veggy full. Or french toast made from brioche, bacon & maple syrup, french toast topped with banana and salted caramel sauce or tarragon mushrooms on toast topped with poached eggs..
Should I tell you what I pay for 540ml of maple syrup? Let's just say that if the price is GBP4, I'm feeling ripped off. Usually pay about GBP3.25, but it can go as low as GBP2 once a year when we stock up.
I pay $18 per quart here from a WV farm from my home County. I do not have to pay shipping because (so far) I have placed my orders when we were going visiting up there or when we (them and myself) would be in proximity for a trade - their syrup for my check.

I pay $18 per quart here from a WV farm from my home County. I do not have to pay shipping because (so far) I have placed my orders when we were going visiting up there or when we (them and myself) would be in proximity for a trade - their syrup for my check.
Our equivalent for a quart would be $11 at the top price bracket. A quart is 1 and 3/4 of our cans. At the price I pay in the market it would cost me $9.

Our equivalent for a quart would be $11 at the top price bracket. A quart is 1 and 3/4 of our cans. At the price I pay in the market it would cost me $9.
Baby Puss said:
It is cheaper at Wally's brother's mega store, but this is WV maple syrup - I know where it came from. It is buying Local/organic and one of the few things I am willing to go the extra for.

I also pay up to $4.50 a quart for my non-citric juices and Premium OJ is up to $3.79 a half gallon now.

I pay $64 a gallon for awesome maple syrup made just 25 minutes from us -- they have their own trees and buy the sap from tons of local collectors (keeping them in business too) and create a syrup that's won best in our state a bunch of times. So worth it.

Scrambled eggs, bacon & toast. (A little fancier than it sounds, but that was the gist.).
Morticia said:
Scrambled eggs, bacon & toast. (A little fancier than it sounds, but that was the gist.)
Thank you for that! I was beginning to feel intimidated!
Same, but with pancakes and I made a homemade blueberry syrup. No one touched it until I said, I made the syrup myself, then everyone had to try it.

Scrambled eggs, bacon & toast. (A little fancier than it sounds, but that was the gist.).
Morticia said:
Scrambled eggs, bacon & toast. (A little fancier than it sounds, but that was the gist.)
Same, but with pancakes and I made a homemade blueberry syrup. No one touched it until I said, I made the syrup myself, then everyone had to try it.
I thought you just did continental. Do you need a food service license to do Cooked foods?

Morticia said:
I thought you just did continental. Do you need a food service license to do Cooked foods?
EmptyNest said:
DH got a foodsafe certificate. We are legal. We advertise continental and add a bit more.

Baby Puss said:
**** ! I'm paying gbp18 a litre.

Baby Puss said:
**** ! I'm paying gbp18 a litre.
Want me to mail you a few cans? Are they legal for mail import? Ask HM Customs and your postie :)

Morticia said:
I felt intimidated too! We just do continental breakfast. Homemade yogurt with homemade granola and fresh fruit. Muffins, bagels, english muffins, etc. Teas, coffee, OJ, milk, cereal, etc.

Back