What Was...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
Served for breakfast this morning? Just thought we needed an easy topic for a change. I find it fascinating what different b&bs serve. What was your menu this morning...

Scrambled eggs, bacon & toast. (A little fancier than it sounds, but that was the gist.)

Stuffed French Toast with homemade Strawberry syrup. This is good stuff!
thumbs_up.gif

Fresh peaches and cream starter, then a fresh herb souffle with cheddar cheese and turkey. Biscuits with homemade jam and honey that we just harvested from our bees. - Our guest even purchased 2 jars.

Mediterranean Quiche with Canadian Bacon Medallions on the side
Kiwi, Watermelon, Blueberry Medley with choice of Vanilla or Strawberry yogurt
Strawberry Watermelon or Blueberry Pomegranate Juice
Help yourself homemade granola; breads, bagels, croissants with a bucket of jams

Blueberry & Bavarian Cream Puff Pastry Hearts, South of the Border Eggs (individual egg souffles), pork sausage links, banana/walnut/choc chip muffins

baked grapefruit, peach stuffed french toast, bacon, fruit smoothie, fresh fruit bowl, coffee and tea.

Scrambled eggs, bacon & toast. (A little fancier than it sounds, but that was the gist.).
One room wanted boiled eggs and toast Cereal .So many more choices but that is all she wanted.
The other room had pineapple carrot muffins with carrot /mango smoothie in a small Glass on the plate .
Then mellon half with rosemary and white wine reduction poured over the half mellon with green grapes in centre, a rosemary stem into a plain vanilla yoghurt sitting on top.
Then the last one was a a small ramekin dish with a bed of swiss cheese then an egg and crumble bacon sitting on top. Baked in oven with about one tbsp. of cream poured over top before putting in oven. Cofffee and blueberry/[pom juice.

Almond poppyseed muffins, strawberries and bananas in yogurt, scrambled eggs, cheese grits, ham. Tomorrow cinnamon french toast, sausage apple casserole, roasted potatoes, fresh peaches and red raspberries, muffins.

Starter of fresh fruit (peaches, strawberries, raspberries and yogurt)
In the basket: Freshly made sweet jammie muffins (made with home-made yogurt and a dollop of home-made raspberry jam in the middle)
Zucchini quiche (from our own organic garden), potato cakes (recipe posted here the other day), buttermilk biscuit, roasted tomato with home-made pesto and pine nuts. (Basil from the garden) Topped with sprig of rosemary.
On the sideboard: Homemade yogurt and homemade maple almond granola

Almond poppyseed muffins, strawberries and bananas in yogurt, scrambled eggs, cheese grits, ham. Tomorrow cinnamon french toast, sausage apple casserole, roasted potatoes, fresh peaches and red raspberries, muffins..
Innkeep said:
Almond poppyseed muffins, strawberries and bananas in yogurt, scrambled eggs, cheese grits, ham. Tomorrow cinnamon french toast, sausage apple casserole, roasted potatoes, fresh peaches and red raspberries, muffins.
Well look at you! (remembering when you said you couldn't cook)
thumbs_up.gif
Sounds yummy!!!

Little mason jars filled with a fruit salad with a ginger lime sauce followed by crepes stuffed with a ricotta/cream cheese mixture, covered in sautéed cinnamon apples, with sausage. Served with our locally made pure maple syrup.

Way to go innmates! What a wide variety of taste and creativity. I would love to sit down to every single one of those breakfasts.
heart.gif

Blackberry stuffed French Toast, comb-smoked bacon. 5 types of fresh-cut fruit, cereal, 3 types of juice, oatmeal, coffee or tea.

Saturday morning was the last morning of my last innsit - served streusel crumb cake (baked by the innkeeper for me before she left), chilled peach soup with local peaches, crunchy French toast, dilled scrambled eggs and turkey-cheddar sausage links. Had some picky eaters so we went with the dual breakfast of a little sweet and a little savory.
No more B&B cooking to do for a few weeks - now we're moving into our new house (finally) on Thursday.

My last breakfast was planned for a quick getaway - Ours. We were going to a 4-day motorcycle event.
Papaya, dark sweet cherries, and kiwi was the fruit. Made a sour cream chocolate chip coffee cake instead of muffins, baked oatmeal with vanilla Greek yogurt on the side and bacon and a dish of my homemade maple pecan granola (untouched). The juices were OJ and blueberry-pomegranate and they had Bolivia coffee - both regular and decaf.
They were tiny eaters (but they ate ALL of the bacon!). The coffee cake was enjoyed by the folks who visited us at the event and Himself had 2 breakfasts of baked oatmeal.
Forgot to add - the guest called me Friday to tell me he was trying to add comments to my web site and it would not let him. I explained that if I left it open, I got a lot of garbage entries - that I copy word for word some of the entries from our comment books. The man was over the top about how wonderful everything was. I LIKE that kind of phone call.

Way to go innmates! What a wide variety of taste and creativity. I would love to sit down to every single one of those breakfasts.
heart.gif
Breakfast Diva said:
heart.gif
Come on!

heart.gif
Breakfast Diva said:
heart.gif
Come on!
Ice said:
Breakfast Diva said:
heart.gif
Come on!
Let me lose another 20 lbs before I start THAT road trip!

Back