What were they doing?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Our bedroom is above one guest bathroom. We had to put that bathroom vent fan on a timer because guests would forget to turn it off or turn it on accidently at 2 AM and wake us up. You can't hear the fan in the bathroom but it vibrates the whole floor upstairs.
Last night the fan was on for 2 hours. It would click off and then be turned right back on again. Or a few minutes would go by and hummmmmmmmmm the fan would be back on. This went on from 11:30 PM to 1:30 AM. No water running at the time (I can hear that, too).
So, what the heck were they doing that they needed the fan on for 2 hours? I don't think it was smoking because they were in and out of the room at the same time sitting on the patio. This wasn't a couple, it was a family, mother and kids, all over 50 yo.

Bad Mexican food...or Thai food...or some other kind of food
embaressed_smile.gif

I guess I find out when we clean that room...the fan is on AGAIN and was for about an hour this morning.

I guess I find out when we clean that room...the fan is on AGAIN and was for about an hour this morning..
Maybe they just forget about it. I do that from time to time in my own bathroom

Something in the water????
No, honestly, the water in Hawaii seems to have an effect on me...

I guess I find out when we clean that room...the fan is on AGAIN and was for about an hour this morning..
Maybe they just forget about it. I do that from time to time in my own bathroom
It's on a timer. It turned off and then it was turned back on...still haven't gotten to that room...save the best for last...

Could they have been running the fan to drown out some other annoying noise such as snoring? I'm guilty of that. I run a table top fan all night because, ironically, I find the sound of water lapping against the hull to be annoying. Some love that sound.

Could they have been running the fan to drown out some other annoying noise such as snoring? I'm guilty of that. I run a table top fan all night because, ironically, I find the sound of water lapping against the hull to be annoying. Some love that sound..
It's on a timer. 10-15 minutes. Then it got turned on again. That's a lotta jumping in and out of bed! And they hadn't done that the previous night.
All I heard during that time frame was someone outside on the patio on the phone and the hummmmmmmm of the vent. I turned my own window fan on to drown it out to no avail.
OK, that room is up next...show (and tell) time!

Could they have been running the fan to drown out some other annoying noise such as snoring? I'm guilty of that. I run a table top fan all night because, ironically, I find the sound of water lapping against the hull to be annoying. Some love that sound..
Water on the hull is annoying to you? Talk about ironic!
=)
Kk.

No clue. Room was clean, bathroom was not a disaster. No idea now why that fan kept being turned on!

No clue. Room was clean, bathroom was not a disaster. No idea now why that fan kept being turned on!.
Some people are strange...............Did they check out?? If not, maybe you could mention that you hope the fan was not too loud for them, as you are in the process of replacing it with a new one??
At least you didn't find anything gross!

No clue. Room was clean, bathroom was not a disaster. No idea now why that fan kept being turned on!.
Some people are strange...............Did they check out?? If not, maybe you could mention that you hope the fan was not too loud for them, as you are in the process of replacing it with a new one??
At least you didn't find anything gross!
All gone. I'd hate to bring up the fan noise because that would be embarassing for them...how would I know the fan was running unless I was listening? You get the picture.
OTOH, everyone should know better than to sit in front of an open window and talk on the phone! What I'd REALLY like to know about is why her best friend is getting a divorce? She found her husband with WHO???
Lots of shrieking at that point and a lot of 'YOU'RE KIDDING ME???!!!!'

I am going with the stomach thing. Mexican food ... water ... or just ?? I had a stomach virus picked up last week and I was in pain and well ... bathroom. :s Was even starting to worry last Sunday as our guests were arriving on Monday for 4 days and first breakfast was Tuesday and .... well I do the cooking.
All was well enough by Sunday night, but it was a looonnnggg last week.
Our guests that just left today also had tummy issues (Mexican food, water ...) and they even came for a toilet plunger (I always cringe, but was in the middle of breakfast and handed it over ... toilets are not my part of the B&B arrangement). What ever was going on in the bathroom was all cleaned up by the time it came around to refresh the room. No questions asked on my part.
Cathy :)

Some people don't travel well.
My talcum bombers are coming July 4th weekend to break in one of the new guest rooms. We'll find out if I put in a big enough toilet... Every prior visit has involved a plunger at some point.
=)
Kk.

My talcum bombers are coming July 4th weekend to break in one of the new guest rooms. We'll find out if I put in a big enough toilet... Every prior visit has involved a plunger at some point.
=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
I think these folks are on the road for 2 weeks. Yikes!

Back