What would it be worth to you?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbinnsitters

Reaction score
If someone came knocking on your door with a service where they would pick up your dirty sheets and pillowcases, take them to their home, launder and iron them and return them a few days later...
1. Is that something you, as an Innkeeper, would be interested in?
2. What would you feel would be a fair price to pay this person?

Years ago we had a dry cleaner nearby that picked up our sheets, washed them and ironed them and then returned them to us. They charged $12.00 per set. I did it for a very short time and then bought a bigger washer and dryer. It was definitely not worth that price. I checked out a few other cleaners and they were all around the same price. If we had gone with a linen service that provided the sheets, tablecloths, etc. that would have been much less expensive but I didn't like the quality of their sheets and they would not let me use my own.

I'd be interested... but only if it were affordable. Not sure what affordable is, but definitely not $12 a set!!
=)
Kk.

Our laundry service costs about $7 per sheet set (fitted/flat/4 pillows) picked up & delivered twice a week, my own sheets (not all white), laundered and ironed. I know some will think that's too pricey, but so far the tradeoff between my time/water/electricity/wear & tear on the washer/dryer and that price has been acceptable for us.

Launder and iron/press them?
I think a lady across the street used to just IRON them here for $5 a set. That's a lot of walking and carrying sheets me thinks, but she was a retiree (now moved) who did that for the PO's.

I did this for a season ..... the price was incredibly reasonable (I'm really sorry but I don't remember how much) but my laundering and ironing are one of things I'm most proud of and the sheets came back smelling of overly hot commercial dryers and the ironing left a lot to be desired. SO I went right back to DVRing trashy shows and doing it myself.

Back