What would you have done?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our alternate to someone not wanting the ‘bread option’ was scrambled eggs. If we heard, ‘I don’t like scrambled eggs,’ it was always an apology, ‘sorry, that’s all Gomez knows how to make.’ It’s not a diner, people.

Pre-Covid, the breakfast table was full of breads, muffins etc... Self serve yourself Toasts - Bagels -or some instant oatmeal with fruit in addition to or instead of the Breakfast of the Day. Now, we are a LITTLE more flexible - a couple eggs is really no big deal. However, We do ask ALL Guests in advance of any dietary issues to help us prepare for them. PPPPPPP - Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. Happy Labor Day weekend - God Bless America.

Remember, we do buffet. So in addition to the French toast Chefs Choice, we also have fresh fruit, four kinds of boxed cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, toast, muffins, assorted juices and meat.

So when you look at the buffet and say, I’ll have two fried eggs, you’re basically ordering breakfast where it was not offered.

Anyway, she’s gone and we’re on to the next ones! 🤣

Pre-Covid, the breakfast table was full of breads, muffins etc... Self serve yourself Toasts - Bagels -or some instant oatmeal with fruit in addition to or instead of the Breakfast of the Day. Now, we are a LITTLE more flexible - a couple eggs is really no big deal. However, We do ask ALL Guests in advance of any dietary issues to help us prepare for them. PPPPPPP - Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. Happy Labor Day weekend - God Bless America.

Hate to be the one to point this out, however - you can prior plan til the cows come home, ask when taking the reservation, ask on arrival and they STILL will say nothing until you serve the breakfast. I asked on taking the rez, I spelled out IN the e-mailed Confirmation Letter the response to the dietary question, and again on arrival and she still waited until I served breakfast to tell me she could not have cinnamon and everything HAD CINNAMON. So I quickly scrambled eggs. That Dad I mentioned did not tell me until they arrived after midnight (they had truck trouble getting over the mountains after a late start) that the kid had all these allergies. No chance for a trip to the store. It was called - Punt!

Remember, we do buffet. So in addition to the French toast Chefs Choice, we also have fresh fruit, four kinds of boxed cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, toast, muffins, assorted juices and meat.

So when you look at the buffet and say, I’ll have two fried eggs, you’re basically ordering breakfast where it was not offered.

Anyway, she’s gone and we’re on to the next ones! 🤣
We had a mother who tried ordering for her kid because the kid wouldn’t eat whatever it was we were serving.
‘Oh, just make waffles for her.’ No waffle maker.
‘Then just a donut.’ No donuts.
‘How about a bagel? You must have a bagel! English muffin? What is this place?’ My home, not a restaurant.

She shot all that at me in thirty seconds.

We had a mother who tried ordering for her kid because the kid wouldn’t eat whatever it was we were serving.
‘Oh, just make waffles for her.’ No waffle maker.
‘Then just a donut.’ No donuts.
‘How about a bagel? You must have a bagel! English muffin? What is this place?’ My home, not a restaurant.

She shot all that at me in thirty seconds.
Toast. We have toast.

Last breakfast coming up. The young man chose venison sausage for tomorrow. I think I am just going to make eggs with dill - and Schwan's has a strawberry cream cheese that I have raising for morning. Everyone has been delightful. My cousin came down with a bad case of bronchitis (tested negative in case it was thought different) but they cancelled the lamb roast this morning (fortunately BEFORE I left here). All the guests had a relaxing morning. And left with containers of blackberry-peach cobbler (I made a 9x13 last night) which put smiles on their faces.

Back