What would you put in these jars?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the little individually wrapped Lindt balls, or the little Dove Chocolates, yummmm

Okay so I might be a bit greedy here...but this is what I would wish for in my room. Yes, I am being cheeky.
chef.gif

why did i have to see this recipe!! why oh why so much for wanting salted snacks...this one is a wow

I love pretzels too! a healthy snack..
I love pretzels too! a healthy snack.
Hmmmm...choc. covered pretzels...my favorite. Sorry....I am on a choc, kick this week. A friend sent me a box of get well truffles this week.....yum yum:)

I have baskets with bananas, apples, and packs of mini-cookies (8 for $1 package at my grocery) and those various cheese & cracker packages on the dressers.
Rather than candy have you thought of pretzle nuggets?.
This is a good thought since we already keep the Hershey's Kisses, mini Peppermint Patties, and Lifesavers Mints out in the living room. I think we are heading to Costco next week, I'll see what they have in terms of savory snacks.
If an asst would fit...salty and sweet.
Right now we have the Halloween leftovers in the hallway leading to the guest rooms. Better they should eat it than me. But every single person has said, 'Oh, looks like the Halloween assortment I got,' so it won't be long before guests are thinking, 'Hey, that's old. Probably stale,' and they won't touch it. Then I go back to the kisses, which can sit there for months and no one knows.
I'd love to do regional but regional costs big bucks. Nothing is small enough, either.
Bree said:
Right now we have the Halloween leftovers in the hallway leading to the guest rooms. Better they should eat it than me. But every single person has said, 'Oh, looks like the Halloween assortment I got,' so it won't be long before guests are thinking, 'Hey, that's old. Probably stale,' and they won't touch it. Then I go back to the kisses, which can sit there for months and no one knows.
Can you seperate your mixed candies so they don't know they are from Halloween (ie: snickers, milky way, etc.)?

they don't necessarily have to be a container for food items. we have little glass dishes in each bath that hold q tips, cotton balls, etc.

Good ideal to think outside the box, but I don't like the ideal of havine glass in the bathroom.

These are specialty personalized hand made little containers with the inn name on them, not for qtips. Something yummy is the idea she is trying to up her hospitality side of her inn, qtips just won't do it.

I think that being used in the rooms with something yummy would be very nice. But could you use them at breakfast for something? I think they are very cute and I would think that with your mugs, coasters, and whatever else you said you order from them, the look on the breakfast table would be quite complete. Could you put preserves in them? Candles (battery operated tealights)? Mints on the center of the table? Just thinking out loud...actually typing while I think ;)

These are specialty personalized hand made little containers with the inn name on them, not for qtips. Something yummy is the idea she is trying to up her hospitality side of her inn, qtips just won't do it..
oh i am aware of what they are. these are not what we have. i was just simply throwing out a suggestion like everyone else.

those are so cute!!!
i love kisses and nuggets chocolate mmmmmmmmm with the cover next to the crock or would you keep it closed and see who peaks inside?
if not wrapped candy, m&m's, but with a plastic bag or paper lunch bag holding them within the crock so they can be bagged up and taken away when guests leave maybe?
now THAT is something i would want to buy from a b&b.

GREAT suggestions all! Thank you!! Deneen's website actually suggests using them for sugar or tea bags, etc...this is an idea for our self-serve tea/coffee area. The candles might be cute too...lots of cool ideas to think about.
The whole reason I got started thinking about this...we used to put out a little welcome card with two Hershey's nuggets. I decided to bag the cards because the are fairly pricey and I've never once heard a guest comment on them. This, coupled with our journey to a b&b last weekend where I didn't get a cookie 'cause I got in too late got me thinking about having something like this in the rooms. So I think we will go with Hershey's nuggets for now and see how it goes.
SS...the idea of the personalized M&M's inside these crocks, for sale...I think that would be huge! Also, we used to do mason jars layered with the ingredients for cookies, muffins, etc. These would also probably be a great holder for those and a really neat souvenir.

These are specialty personalized hand made little containers with the inn name on them, not for qtips. Something yummy is the idea she is trying to up her hospitality side of her inn, qtips just won't do it..
oh i am aware of what they are. these are not what we have. i was just simply throwing out a suggestion like everyone else.
I am going to start a separate thread on this topic...thanks for reminding me!

Back