what would you serve as a side to the Shrimp and Cheese Cassarole Bake

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathy

Reaction score
Tomorrow I am making the cheese and chive no need to knead bread to serve with a Spanish Tortilla ... the next day I am going to make the shrimp cheese cassarole to use up the bread (have made this before for ourselves but not for guests) ...
My question is .. what would you serve as a side ?? or would you just serve this on it's own?
Thanks in advance for your yummy suggestions :)

I would do tropical fruit, something cool...We have that wonderful coconut yogurt here, I like to make parfaits with it...

Do you know for sure shrimp is OK for the guests? I for one do not eat any kind of seafood and would feel let down if I came to breakfast and that was the only thing served....

I'd go with a veg. Thick slices of fresh tomato (depending on what's in the casserole, drizzle them with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and fresh basil), or fried tomotoes, or roasted tomatoes, or roasted or grilled asparagus, or grilled zucchini....

Do you know for sure shrimp is OK for the guests? I for one do not eat any kind of seafood and would feel let down if I came to breakfast and that was the only thing served.....
GeorgiaGirl said:
Do you know for sure shrimp is OK for the guests? I for one do not eat any kind of seafood and would feel let down if I came to breakfast and that was the only thing served....
I.m with GA on this one. Most of y'all know where I am (or about) so you know that seafood is a staple here, but I will not serve seafood at breakfast. Too many have come through my doors and stated first off, when asked about allergies and things they can not or do not eat, "I don't eat seafood for breakfast. " I think this is said more commonly because of my area. For me, I love seafood but can not deal with it before noon. But the recipe sounds good...I may do it for our dinner sometime.

We serve a 3 course breakfast, starting with a fruit plate of tropical (local) fruits with a lime flavoured yogurt (made from purchased plain yogurt) first, this is followed by the main dish (shrimp is good to go already checked) followed by pan dulce (a scone or muffin or crepe or ...).
I did tomatoes diced with fresh purple and green basil with a touch of olive oil today, but will repeat that on Monday or Tuesday, but thinking that will be the way to go again with this dish.
Thank you :)

We serve a 3 course breakfast, starting with a fruit plate of tropical (local) fruits with a lime flavoured yogurt (made from purchased plain yogurt) first, this is followed by the main dish (shrimp is good to go already checked) followed by pan dulce (a scone or muffin or crepe or ...).
I did tomatoes diced with fresh purple and green basil with a touch of olive oil today, but will repeat that on Monday or Tuesday, but thinking that will be the way to go again with this dish.
Thank you :).
Mmmmmm, pan dulce! My nana used to bring me pan dulce from the Mexican market in downtown L.A. when I was a kid....always a treat!
My daughter always brings it to her Spanish class on fiesta days.

I'm kinda taken back by the lack of French Fries being used...
Alot of diners and such around here doing big with the their eggs and french fries.......Home fries is an option.....F fries are quite popular

Grits.
emotion-30.gif

Alot of diners and such around here doing big with the their eggs and french fries.......Home fries is an option.....F fries are quite popular.
One Day said:
Alot of diners and such around here doing big with the their eggs and french fries.......Home fries is an option.....F fries are quite popular
To make proper french fries requires more work than I have time for in the morning. You need a deep fryer for one thing, and you need to fry them twice. And while I love them, they are not, to me, a breakfast food.
RIki

Alot of diners and such around here doing big with the their eggs and french fries.......Home fries is an option.....F fries are quite popular.
One Day said:
To make proper french fries requires more work than I have time for in the morning. You need a deep fryer for one thing, and you need to fry them twice. And while I love them, they are not, to me, a breakfast food.
RIki
I agree with Riki....I would never consider french fries with breakfast.

Cathy said:
Tomorrow I am making the cheese and chive no need to knead bread to serve with a Spanish Tortilla ... the next day I am going to make the shrimp cheese cassarole to use up the bread (have made this before for ourselves but not for guests) ...
My question is .. what would you serve as a side ?? or would you just serve this on it's own?
Thanks in advance for your yummy suggestions :)
I would do fresh fruit salad on the plate on a piece of leaf lettuce.

Back