What's an appropriate thank you?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellowSocks

Reaction score
I have just gotten my second reservation due to a B&B about an hour north of me. The first one was a couple with a baby... the innkeeper had been online and stumbled across my site and recommended me to the couple as she does not take children. After they arrived I called her and had a nice chat (short, but nice!) about where she is and where I am and decided that she and I are a lot alike.
Well, just got another reservation from someone visiting a college which is south of her and north of me. It's only 15 minutes from her, and 45 from me, but the guest is coming from the south and would rather not backtrack. Yay!
So, at the very least I think I need to drop an email or a thank you note... but I'm not sure that's enough.
Thoughts? Ideas?
Thanks!
=)
Kk.

A good thank you is to send someone her way when the opportunity arises.
wink_smile.gif

I love to send guests to innkeeper friends if we are full or they are going to be in their area. The thanks I would love is to know they do the same. I would never expect a gift. We are all in this together and we send guests back and forth.

The best thank you is to return the favor. However, I really appreciate hearing from the innkeeper that they appreciate the referral. I have sent tons of guests to inns I know in VT, with the names and phone numbers of the inns on the back of my biz card, in case the innkeeper asks how they got the number and ONE innkeeper has contacted me in 4 years to say thanks.

Return the favor is certainly the best. Living in the South, I am a huge proponent of handwritten thank you notes as well :)

I think you have thanked them just fine. Maybe a email note saying you would like to get together to meet and chat sometime and that you would be happy to send guests their way as well. That's good:)

a nice little thank you note, hand written, and sent in the snailmail ... and ask for some of her rack cards or something to display at your place. i assume you would recommend her place? it's wonderful to have a relationship like that.

Is this one you have met with? If not, a handwritten thank you and invite for tea sometime soon. (To see your place).

YellowSocks said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Is this one you have met with? If not, a handwritten thank you and invite for tea sometime soon. (To see your place).
No, I haven't met her, but in the ten minutes I spent on the phone with her I was delighted. Her philosophy of innkeeping seems simliar to mine. I'd love for her to come down and visit!
Her inn's in Amherst, Ohio and I would absolutely recommend her! Good location, beautiful decor, personal service: www.5cornersbnb.com
=)
Kk.
Cool! So an invite would be a nice gesture on your part. Like a couple I have dealt with but never met in person! We keep meaning to but never can.

Is this one you have met with? If not, a handwritten thank you and invite for tea sometime soon. (To see your place)..
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
No, I haven't met her, but in the ten minutes I spent on the phone with her I was delighted. Her philosophy of innkeeping seems similiar to mine. I'd love for her to come down and visit!
Her inn's in Amherst, Ohio and I would absolutely recommend her! Good location, beautiful decor, personal service: www.5cornersbnb.com
=)
Kk.

A good thank you is to send someone her way when the opportunity arises.
wink_smile.gif
A handwritten note and a platter of baked goods of some sort, with a logo sticker of your inn popped on top of the plastic wrap or box. A ref. when the occasion arises. :)

YellowSocks said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
No, I haven't met her, but in the ten minutes I spent on the phone with her I was delighted. Her philosophy of innkeeping seems simliar to mine. I'd love for her to come down and visit!
=)
Kk.
Cool! So an invite would be a nice gesture on your part. Like a couple I have dealt with but never met in person! We keep meaning to but never can..
"No, I haven't met her, but in the ten minutes I spent on the phone with her I was delighted. Her philosophy of innkeeping seems simliar to mine. I'd love for her to come down and visit!"
" Like a couple I have dealt with but never met in person! We keep meaning to but never can."
this sounds (reads) soooooo familiar!
wink_smile.gif

Back