What's for breakfast and other questions

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agoodman

Reaction score
What's for breakfast tomorrow?
Buffett or individual plated?
How many guests?
What's for breakfast tomorrow? Breakfat Casserole, Caramel Apple French Toast, Fruit & croissants
Buffett or individual plated? Buffet
How many guests? 6

Smoked pork chops with spiced apples, scrambled free range chicken eggs with broccoli and mushrooms, spice cake muffins, fruit to be determined, for 2 people.

OJ and Blueberry for juices
Peanutbutter chocolate chip mufins
a compote of canteloupe, strawberries, kiwi, and red grapes with blueberry garnish and vanilla yogurt on the side
Sour cream & chive with 3 cheese egg bake
English muffin bread (oven to table) with WV apple butter on the side
low sodium crisp bacon
fresh-roasted Kona Blend coffee and whatever tea she chooses
2 people and served family style
Homemade soft pretzles w/honey mustard this evening.

I really need to think of doing family style, I always think it's such a nice way to eat but only when everyone knows each other, thanks for the reminder
PS Burnt the caramel for the Caramel Apple Baked French Toast as I was writing the initial post and OOPS no apples ..

still up in the air... 8 guests here for wedding who may go to a family breakfast nearby... will know in a couple of hours.
If we serve it will be: apple rhurbarb crisp, strattas, homemade turkey sausage, min bran muffins

I really need to think of doing family style, I always think it's such a nice way to eat but only when everyone knows each other, thanks for the reminder
PS Burnt the caramel for the Caramel Apple Baked French Toast as I was writing the initial post and OOPS no apples ...
I do the egg bake in a 9x13 glass pan if I have 6 people. I use the blue glass pan because it looks nice enough to serve from. I cut it into 12 pieces, insert 2 small spatulas for serving, and tell the guests these are not suggested serving sizes, it is cut this way for ease of serving. Each one has their own loaf of bread of course - I tuck a steak knife under the bread plate and tell them as I serve the loaves, "We have been told you can be trusted with sharp implements so there is a steak knife under your bread plate to cut your bread."
Serving family style there is less waste than plated and my tiny eaters can take just a smidge without feeling they are offending me and the BIG eaters and dig in without feeling like oinkers. I used to do individual fruit dishes but I was throwing away and awful lot of fruit that way. Now they can take the fruit they like and leave the rest - some empty the bowl and some never (or barely) touch it.

still up in the air... 8 guests here for wedding who may go to a family breakfast nearby... will know in a couple of hours.
If we serve it will be: apple rhurbarb crisp, strattas, homemade turkey sausage, min bran muffins.
Tuscan scrambled eggs w/ sausage & bacon-cheddar croissants. Fruit medley with yogurt and granola. 10 in the house. Number for breakfast always a gamble on Sunday. Forgot to say that we serve on an open plan- whenever you sit down between 8-9:30.
I have some rhubarb frozen, maybe another time!
Edited to say I just got a Facebook request for breakfast from guests in the house, so I'll have to rummage around.

What's for breakfast tomorrow? Lemon poppyseed pancakes with raspberry coulis (most likely). Fruit cup (with an elderberry syrup). Banana bread.
Buffett or individual plated? Individually plated
How many guests? 2 (it's the quietest weekend in a long long time.)

What's for breakfast tomorrow? their choice of salmon quiche or ham quiche with oven greek potatoes, tomatoes and cucumbers with a fresh fruit salad.
Buffett or individual plated? individual plates
How many guests? 6

ok so when you offer a choice of 2 quiches do you actually prebake 6 portions of ham and 6 portions of salmon? or do you ask ahead.? Yum sounds delicious. I love cucumbers and tomatoes for breakfast but its a very Greek / Israeli thing that you don't see too often in the US

If we serve it will be: apple rhurbarb crisp, strattas, homemade turkey sausage, min bran muffins.
Tuscan scrambled eggs w/ sausage & bacon-cheddar croissants. Fruit medley with yogurt and granola. 10 in the house. Number for breakfast always a gamble on Sunday. Forgot to say that we serve on an open plan- whenever you sit down between 8-9:30.
Edited to say I just got a Facebook request for breakfast from guests in the house, so I'll have to rummage around.
Sounds good! What are Tuscan scrambled eggs?

ok so when you offer a choice of 2 quiches do you actually prebake 6 portions of ham and 6 portions of salmon? or do you ask ahead.? Yum sounds delicious. I love cucumbers and tomatoes for breakfast but its a very Greek / Israeli thing that you don't see too often in the US.
Yes I do ask them when they check in so I do know ahead which kind they prefer. Quiche is the only breakfast item I make that I freeze so I thaw out accordingly and pop it in the oven in the morning before they come down.

Sounds good! What are Tuscan scrambled eggs?
Scrambled eggs with tomatoes on top.

This morning -
Swamp Monster Pie - yes it gets some great expressions... was named by one of our guests
Homemade Biscuits with sasuage gravy on the side. Homemade jams: stawberry, blackberry & mayhaw
Melon Melody
Juice & fresh gound coffee
Serve fruit family style with main course plated - open seating 8:30-9:30

Pear poached with maple syrup and a touch of french vanilla yogurt Cinnamon-orange french toast make with Oatnut bread Turkey sausage Green Mountain breakfast blend coffee & orange juice
4 people. Plated and served at 9 AM

This morning -
Swamp Monster Pie - yes it gets some great expressions... was named by one of our guests
Homemade Biscuits with sasuage gravy on the side. Homemade jams: stawberry, blackberry & mayhaw
Melon Melody
Serve fruit family style with main course plated - open seating 8:30-9:30.
Copperhead can you post your recipe for swamp monster pie? You must live in the deep south. Biscuits and gravy is never served here in Canada but when I do go to the U.S. I always order the sausage and gravy.......every so good (and ever so bad for you).

This morning -
Melon Melody
Serve fruit family style with main course plated - open seating 8:30-9:30.
Copperhead can you post your recipe for swamp monster pie? You must live in the deep south. Biscuits and gravy is never served here in Canada but when I do go to the U.S. I always order the sausage and gravy.......every so good (and ever so bad for you).
I've been able to pass off a northern version of sausage gravy by including mushrooms as well as sausage, and using English muffins instead of biscuits. I lived in the south long enough to gain an appreciation that I like to share with my northern guests! I also sometimes sneak in some cheese grits. I call it polenta if they're skeptical (although it's not polenta, it appeals to the need to name your catch of the day)

Today was fruit salad, cinnamon swirl raisin bread, ham, cheddar, and egg strata, or blueberry pancakes, home fries, and bacon. Wonderful, happy, appreciative guests this weekend
regular_smile.gif

8 people, individually plated
Tomorrow I have the day off!

No breakfasts todau. Have to go make a double batch of Gillum House rolls. Today they become their alternate ego. When our church does a funeral lunch I make the rolls (they have even been asked by one of the men from the funeral home - will you have the rolls?).
"Mama's" husband died Wednesday night. The funeral is today. I am making a double bath because he was involved in just about every kind of Masons, Shriners, Scottish Rite...... and was so respected he not only held the highest offices, but was involved internationally.. He leaves a very large empty hole for many besides "Mama". Better now - he was in and out of ICU for over 5 weeks.

No breakfasts todau. Have to go make a double batch of Gillum House rolls. Today they become their alternate ego. When our church does a funeral lunch I make the rolls (they have even been asked by one of the men from the funeral home - will you have the rolls?).
"Mama's" husband died Wednesday night. The funeral is today. I am making a double bath because he was involved in just about every kind of Masons, Shriners, Scottish Rite...... and was so respected he not only held the highest offices, but was involved internationally.. He leaves a very large empty hole for many besides "Mama". Better now - he was in and out of ICU for over 5 weeks..
K, sorry to hear he passed, but thankful he is now out of pain and suffering.

Back