What's for Breakfast? We're Expanding!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you fell would be better 2 queens or a queen and a day bed?.
MTLLodge said:
What do you fell would be better 2 queens or a queen and a day bed?
Here is my take on it. If you can have two queens per room do it! The reason a couple might want a king - larger people, one snores, one kicks, whatever. Solution is two beds. A queen is usually acceptable to those used to king beds.
#2 reason - no one really likes day beds or sofa beds. A kid maybe. They can sometimes make the room look un-uniform.
#3 linens! If you had all the same size you can interchange them. Trust me when I tell you with three diff bed sizes here it is a nightmare which go on which bed. I CANNOT buy the same color - sure I can mark on them,but don't want to, I still have to look for the mark constantly. If a quilt gets destroyed you always have a back up. Economically it is the best choice (if you have room).
My 2 cents. If I could do it over I would do that!
Good points! Although our one room with our King bed is the one that books first. I am going to put a King bed in the other house as soon as I have the cashola. No way would 2 beds of any kind fit in there though.
The one room with 2 queens is now drawing the bargain shoppers who want to pack 4 or 5 people in there. Maybe because a lot of hotels have 2 queens? We have a max occupancy of 3 on there though. It's really designed for 2 people that want 2 beds or if they need another bed for just a third person. It's a large room but 3 sharing the bath is enough too imvvho.

Back