What's New?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Getting the inn the news and not seeing anythng worthy of sharing (zoning appeals, reviews of concerts at inns, murder mystery dinner/weekends etc) made me want to ask you - now I was (well won't say how old) when MURDER MYSTERY WEEKENDS were all the rage in historic areas of San Diego...this was, shall we say IN THE early 80's...and yet here they are...touted like a new idea. Still.
What is new? What ideas do you feel are new to B&B's? What is worthy? Should be say "it ain't broke" so don't mess with it? Or should we be doing something fresh?

Here is one (cut n paste yhis): http://www.mosheimmansion.com/
Of course this is months out of date. Before commenting on more about this inn, see the inn the news on dogs vs B&B.

Quite a place (but maybe one or two more dogs than I'd like). The Houdini thing made me think of Tipsy Butler.
Escape the kids special for a $50 cash back on a two night stay.
What you saying about pushing benefits rather than features fits this escape well.

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Guided Kayak / Hiking / Inn Tour Package[/COLOR]
1330994689148_69WYWL9JA6LFMY44F9NURAMTRCK3MLHK_640_426.jpg

Twin River Outfitters is excited to offer a 3 day, 2 night fully guided fall kayak & hiking tour package. Trip includes including three days kayaking, a great hike, all meals, and accommodations at the historic “James River House” in downtown Buchanan. During each day enjoy the fantastic fall color and beautiful scenery of the Blue Ridge Mountain as well as great food and hospitality.
This adult’s only trip is great for anyone looking to relax for a long weekend while the staff of Twin River Outfitters worry about all the trip details.
Minimum / Maximum Group Size: 6 person minimum, 12 person maximum. Advance reservations are required prior to October 1, 2012. Trip is subject to cancelation if minimum group size has not been met. http://www.canoevirginia.net/lodging.html

every marketing thing I have seen or read is all about that
ie - we have parking - so you won't have to sweat and struggle with your bags from miles away and have a 30 minute go at finding a space.
we have rooms - so you can sleep in them
etc

Regarding the Guided Kayak / Hiking / Inn Tour Package, what's it cost? I looked at their website and saw 3-day, 2-night packages for $90 per person. That just can't be right!

Regarding the Guided Kayak / Hiking / Inn Tour Package, what's it cost? I looked at their website and saw 3-day, 2-night packages for $90 per person. That just can't be right!.
Arkansawyer said:
Regarding the Guided Kayak / Hiking / Inn Tour Package, what's it cost? I looked at their website and saw 3-day, 2-night packages for $90 per person. That just can't be right!
Minimum / Maximum Group Size: 6 person minimum, 12 person maximum. Advance reservations are required prior to October 1, 2012. Trip is subject to cancelation if minimum group size has not been met. COST PER PERSON: $275

Twin River Outfitters is excited to offer a 3 day, 2 night fully guided fall kayak & hiking tour package. Trip includes including three days kayaking, a great hike, all meals, and accommodations at the historic “James River House” in downtown Buchanan. During each day enjoy the fantastic fall color and beautiful scenery of the Blue Ridge Mountain as well as great food and hospitality.
This adult’s only trip is great for anyone looking to relax for a long weekend while the staff of Twin River Outfitters worry about all the trip details.
Minimum / Maximum Group Size: 6 person minimum, 12 person maximum. Advance reservations are required prior to October 1, 2012. Trip is subject to cancelation if minimum group size has not been met. http://www.canoevirginia.net/lodging.html.
I have a couple of these pkgs and I always wonder if they will be cancelled due to lack of interest after one or two couples have booked them. It's why I tell guests to get their friends together and do it as a group. These pkgs never book for me.

Minimum / Maximum Group Size: 6 person minimum, 12 person maximum. Advance reservations are required prior to October 1, 2012. Trip is subject to cancelation if minimum group size has not been met. http://www.canoevirginia.net/lodging.html.
I have a couple of these pkgs and I always wonder if they will be cancelled due to lack of interest after one or two couples have booked them. It's why I tell guests to get their friends together and do it as a group. These pkgs never book for me.
Madeleine said:
These pkgs never book for me.
You must have failed to mention the live music, alcohol, food, and alcohol.

Madeleine said:
These pkgs never book for me.
You must have failed to mention the live music, alcohol, food, and alcohol.
I did mention the clambake. Didn't help. I can't talk alcohol. Not licensed for it. Actually, you need a license for the clambake, too, but I wouldn't host that part of the pkg.

Back