What's so funny? Laughter Yoga - a Great Stress Reliever

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
A Virginia Tech professor, a graduate student, an ex-preschool teacher and Whitehurst sat on the floor with their shoes off. They began by throwing pillows at one another.
Laughter Yoga
from JB
Laughter is the best medicine
Can y'all imagine having a session of THIS to start the PAII conference? Can you imagine the tone and the difference the conference would take after that? Tossing your cares out the window, lightening up, relaxing? 30 minutes of light hearted fun and laughter. Children laugh btwn 300-400 times a day, the avg adult 15.

Joey Bloggs said:
Can y'all imagine having a session of THIS to start the PAII conference? Can you imagine the tone and the difference the conference would take after that? Tossing your cares out the window, lightening up, relaxing? 30 minutes of light hearted fun and laughter. Children laugh btwn 300-400 times a day, the avg adult 15.
I would sign up in a minute...I think the 15 laughs for the adults is not accurate. Some of those are probably sarcastic, or nervous, or condesending laughs.
That can't count the same as a belly-aching, from your toes, your eyes water, joy or happiness filled, laugh!
Sidetrack, but on the same road, I watched Bill Engvall's "Aged and Confused" routine on netflix last night. I had to pause it in some places I was guffawing so hard. Same with Bill Cosby's "Himself". Tears were rolling down my face. My son asked if I was okay. It felt SO GOOD

Bill Cosby will be in town, wonder if I should go. I was worried it wouldn't be the same old funny funny routine but more activism that he is now involved in.
I agree Emily, a chuckle is not real laughter. We all need to let loose sometimes! The other comedian is Sinbad when he has his getting old schpeal, it is really just plain old funny in points. As silly as this is, I would go too, I want to go, I need to go!

Thanks Joey--OUR FACE HURTS....we needed that! good ol fashioned comedy.

Back