What's the big diff?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
"B&Bs tend to market themselves as an alternative to, not a competitor of, mainstream lodging establishments. We focus on offering an experience that you would not be able to find elsewhere."
Let's never forget this! We need to ensure our websites share MORE than just a room for the night. Another reason I believe the innkeeper's smiling face(s) should be on the website. If not there, start a blog - they are free and add some photos and info there. I thought this was good food for thought. (See I already got a good tibit, a reminder if you will, from the Words of 100 ebook). Don't undersell your place YOU make the inn what it is, it is all about you. Really. You market it. You welcome guests. You cook delicious meals. Look at the pear conversations here lately, innkeepers sharing and wanting to make yummy breakfasts for their guests. THIS IS PERSONAL YAWL!
What's the big diff? WE ARE.

And yet, when a guest calls and asks, 'Why should I stay there instead of down the street?' I get tongue-tied. Really? The big difference at each place IS the innkeeper. And I mean that not only in me as a person, but the innkeeper as the 'brains' behind the organization.
My place looks and feels the way it does because of what we have and have not done. So I do things like this, the innkeepers down the street do them a little differently, but we are all offering a genuine stay in a home with people who care about where they live.
But explaining that to a caller who is challenging me to explain why they should spend their money with me and not elsewhere generally makes me want to say, 'I really think you'll like the other place better.'

And yet, when a guest calls and asks, 'Why should I stay there instead of down the street?' I get tongue-tied. Really? The big difference at each place IS the innkeeper. And I mean that not only in me as a person, but the innkeeper as the 'brains' behind the organization.
My place looks and feels the way it does because of what we have and have not done. So I do things like this, the innkeepers down the street do them a little differently, but we are all offering a genuine stay in a home with people who care about where they live.
But explaining that to a caller who is challenging me to explain why they should spend their money with me and not elsewhere generally makes me want to say, 'I really think you'll like the other place better.'.
Madeleine said:
But explaining that to a caller who is challenging me to explain why they should spend their money with me and not elsewhere generally makes me want to say, 'I really think you'll like the other place better.'
You answered the question correctly - the answer to the caller is this:
That B & B does not have ME!

But explaining that to a caller who is challenging me to explain why they should spend their money with me and not elsewhere generally makes me want to say, 'I really think you'll like the other place better.'.
Madeleine said:
Love your answere.
I might add ?.Mine is a wonderful experiance and great breakfast.
Then add you have picked thee best place to stay.We have a very modern and comfortable B&B . Plus hosts that love our job meeting people/ and cooking amazing breakfasts,that change ever day also change with the season.
I often wonder ??? WHY you would ask your host that question. Especailly since most have checked other B&Bs Are They trying to see if they can get the best price ?Or are they putting you on guard?
Could we please ask why we would want you to be our guest ??? Ummm LOL.... You know that would be interesting to hear their answere.Not that I would ever ask them ....but just a thought.

Madeleine said:
Love your answere.
Then add you have picked thee best place to stay.We have a very modern and comfortable B&B . Plus hosts that love our job meeting people/ and cooking amazing breakfasts,that change ever day also change with the season.
I often wonder ??? WHY you would ask your host that question. Especailly since most have checked other B&Bs Are They trying to see if they can get the best price ?Or are they putting you on guard?
Could we please ask why we would want you to be our guest ??? Ummm LOL.... You know that would be interesting to hear their answere.Not that I would ever ask them ....but just a thought.
Flower that is my exact thought as well, they are fishing for a lower price when they ask that. It really does not make me want them to stay here! I am not a dog fighting over a bone, thank you.
wow.gif

Madeleine said:
Love your answere.
Flower said:
Great question!

Madeleine said:
Love your answere.
Flower that is my exact thought as well, they are fishing for a lower price when they ask that. It really does not make me want them to stay here! I am not a dog fighting over a bone, thank you.
wow.gif

HA HA HA aaa thank you for my chuckle for the morning((( ))))

Back