"What's the password?"

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Followed closely by, "What's the name of this place?" Followed closely by logging on and ignoring everything that was said afterwards. (No, I did not give that person the pw, their friend did.) Then there was a large empty box thrown on the floor in front of the door labeled 'Private'. So, you think maybe someone would trip over that upon exiting thru that door?
Sigh. Groups.

This would have been when I would have decided that I needed to flip the switch....you know to reboot the wifi.... Flip switch, wait five minutes.... You know I wouldn't either, but tempted!
Our story today was two ladies came off the street and used the guest bath....When I asked which room they were from the one lady gave me a three digit number.... When I said we didn't have that room here, she just tossed her head and said, "Oh well!" and walked out the door.... The guest getting coffee at the drink bar and I had a good laugh after they left. A sweet question to let them know that they are in the wrong place or more like it, they booked at the wrong place.....no, they are in the wrong place....!
Hmm three digit number, can only be staying at two places. Both places are across town from here.... Hope they like walking!

This would have been when I would have decided that I needed to flip the switch....you know to reboot the wifi.... Flip switch, wait five minutes.... You know I wouldn't either, but tempted!
Our story today was two ladies came off the street and used the guest bath....When I asked which room they were from the one lady gave me a three digit number.... When I said we didn't have that room here, she just tossed her head and said, "Oh well!" and walked out the door.... The guest getting coffee at the drink bar and I had a good laugh after they left. A sweet question to let them know that they are in the wrong place or more like it, they booked at the wrong place.....no, they are in the wrong place....!
Hmm three digit number, can only be staying at two places. Both places are across town from here.... Hope they like walking!.
Wow nervy.
Ours just pulled up onto the patio. Yup, THAT looks like a parking space. Left the car running so my apartment is filled with exhaust now. Lovely.

Hmm three digit number, can only be staying at two places. Both places are across town from here.... Hope they like walking!.
Wow nervy.
Ours just pulled up onto the patio. Yup, THAT looks like a parking space. Left the car running so my apartment is filled with exhaust now. Lovely.
We had all husbands/wives this weekend so two ladies gave it away that they weren't from here along with all the ladies here were dark haired. These didn't fit in. Hope they were embarrassed enough to not try it again at least not here. My uncle used to have a sign up that said, "Sorry! No public bathrooms." We have discussed putting another one up until a family rings the doorbell with little children....so it hasn't gone up. Since they put "outhouses" up around the corner from us, we haven't had any show up until today. Most of them ring the bell and ask. This one just barged in and help themselves.....note.... They knew where it was.

Wow nervy.
We had all husbands/wives this weekend so two ladies gave it away that they weren't from here along with all the ladies here were dark haired. These didn't fit in. Hope they were embarrassed enough to not try it again at least not here. My uncle used to have a sign up that said, "Sorry! No public bathrooms." We have discussed putting another one up until a family rings the doorbell with little children....so it hasn't gone up. Since they put "outhouses" up around the corner from us, we haven't had any show up until today. Most of them ring the bell and ask. This one just barged in and help themselves.....note.... They knew where it was.
Any reason your doors aren't locked 24x7?
We had a guy who kept ringing the doorbell asking when we were going to unlock the door for the day. Um, that's why you have the code, so you can use it all day. He refused to use the code. I stopped answering the door when I looked out and saw it was him.

Wow nervy.
We had a guy who kept ringing the doorbell asking when we were going to unlock the door for the day. Um, that's why you have the code, so you can use it all day. He refused to use the code. I stopped answering the door when I looked out and saw it was him.
We have discussed that issue....along with coded locks.....

Wow nervy.
I get those that give me a discussed sigh when they find out the door is always locked.
Some say they never lock their doors at home. I have to say that is great, but you don't have a B&B sign out front that makes people believe they can just walk in.

Wow nervy.
I get those that give me a discussed sigh when they find out the door is always locked.
Some say they never lock their doors at home. I have to say that is great, but you don't have a B&B sign out front that makes people believe they can just walk in.
Copperhead said:
I have to say that is great, but you don't have a B&B sign out front that makes people believe they can just walk in.
....and drive through as if its a highway!

I live right in the middle of a busy town centre - you think I'm going to leave my front door open? you are having a laugh!

I live right in the middle of a busy town centre - you think I'm going to leave my front door open? you are having a laugh!.
I agree. You would be surprised how many people try though :)
try to leave it open? drives me full time nuts - we have a closer on front and back but it doesn't quite pull it onto the yale as otherwise the door slams -I mean seriously who in a decent sized town or above leaves their doors open?

Back