What's the thing you want to hear in reviews?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

dumitru

Reaction score
Hi folks,
Just got an idea for a topic after reading this one: https://www.innspiring.com/node/18261
So here it goes: when customers leave a review on websites, what are the things that you would like to be mentioned? Is there something that people usually avoid mentioning but you would love to be mentioned?
Thanks!

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That they had a relaxed stress free stay .This means a lot, food was good, place was clean, slept well, suite & BnB had all amenities they needed, etc..
Mary at Bridgewater Inn and Cottage said:
That they had a relaxed stress free stay .This means a lot, food was good, place was clean, slept well, suite & BnB had all amenities they needed, etc.
Yes. This.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
Agree. I love to hear the word, 'relaxing.' Others, get-away, calm, quiet.
Love it when they mention the breakfast. Clean is a good word, too.

Lee2014

Reaction score
They felt at home, relaxed, enjoyed their stay, will tell friends and family, and loved the innkeepers! (and five stars!) Just got a couple across the board four stars…. so our rating went down on that site...

nataliebee

Reaction score
They felt at home, relaxed, enjoyed their stay, will tell friends and family, and loved the innkeepers! (and five stars!) Just got a couple across the board four stars…. so our rating went down on that site....
This! We love to hear that they will tell their family and friends! Better yet, no explanation needed, just a 10/10! hahah. I hear ya, Duff, we worked so hard to climb to a 8.6 on B.C... then one or two low(er) ratings and it bumped it us down. It takes FOREVER to get bumped up. My personal goal is to be a 9.0 by the end of the year. Fingers crossed!

Jcam

Reaction score
All I ask is that they are accurate - hope for clean and comfortable and value for money

Silverspoon

Reaction score
That they had a relaxed stress free stay .This means a lot, food was good, place was clean, slept well, suite & BnB had all amenities they needed, etc..
That they had a relaxed stress free stay .This means a lot, food was good, place was clean, slept well, suite & BnB had all amenities they needed, etc.
Yes. This.
All that and that they plan to return!

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How wonderful the breakfasts were, how comfortable the bed was, and how we made it possible for them to see and do things in the area. They like the routes I print out for them. Looking forward to returning is great too.

Country Girl

Reaction score
I wish they would mention more about what they did in the area while they were here. We are in a small town so I think a lot of people wonder why anyone would come here.

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I wish they would mention more about what they did in the area while they were here. We are in a small town so I think a lot of people wonder why anyone would come here..
Country Girl said:
I wish they would mention more about what they did in the area while they were here. We are in a small town so I think a lot of people wonder why anyone would come here.
Use your management response to highlight what there is to do!
So glad you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you for the lawn mower races in the spring!

Reaction score
Yes. This.

Reaction score
Yes. This.

BananaE29

Reaction score
I enjoy the "total privacy" and "innkeeper was not intrusive in the least" reviews. I think more people would consider a B&B if they knew these things to be true. Trust me, I don't want any more of your time than you want to give me! Over the years, you learn quickly who wants to "chat", and who wants to be left alone.