What's the weirdest (or worst) thing you've made yourself?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2cat_lady

Reaction score
Generic made me think of this one.
Okay, sometimes we are so run off our feet that we are desperate to eat, anything. If that happens to you, what have you had? Or, what will you eat if there's no time to make real food--like the stuff we make our guests?
I'm bad. When I'm hungry and I don't have the time or I'm too tired to care, I'll just eat an entire bag of chips. And this is a regular occasion for me. Very bad.

I'm quite happy with a bag of popcorn for dinner. Or a chocolate shake for lunch (today).

Spoonfuls of peanut butter. Oh no, not the standard two tablespoon serving, either!

Guilty secret, don't tell DH. When I have to go to the supermarket to get emergency supplies I buy a box of two chocolate eclairs and eat them in the car on the way home.
embaressed_smile.gif

I just finished a package of sliced turkey. I am considering making pancakes for supper. Since Himself fixes his own rabbit food, I usually grab whatever. Sometimes a p b & j.

Guilty secret, don't tell DH. When I have to go to the supermarket to get emergency supplies I buy a box of two chocolate eclairs and eat them in the car on the way home.
embaressed_smile.gif
Highlands John said:
embaressed_smile.gif
I want to grocery shop with you!

YOu know what I really fancy? Angel Delight! (if you don't have it in the USA think instant packet dessert sort of like really thick custard in various flavours!)

embaressed_smile.gif
Highlands John said:
embaressed_smile.gif
I want to grocery shop with you!
Me too

Plain peanut butter sandwiches. I live through the summer on them…. I found out that NYYC sailors eat them on races to keep up their strength since its fast, easy to eat, etc.. Not feeling so guilty! But I usually grab whatever is sitting there, breakfast buffet leftover, cookies, fruit,….

I have not made one of my favorite sandwiches in years,but I really like banana, bacon, and pickle (dill) sandwiches.

I'm quite happy with a bag of popcorn for dinner. Or a chocolate shake for lunch (today)..
Corn chips and salsa with a touch of sour cream mixed in the salsa. Or I have a bag of salad in fridge . the kind that has all the fixings in the bag. throw together and grab a bit here and there. If late at night it is easy to sleep on. as tummy is not heavy with food.

YOu know what I really fancy? Angel Delight! (if you don't have it in the USA think instant packet dessert sort of like really thick custard in various flavours!).
Jcam said:
YOu know what I really fancy? Angel Delight! (if you don't have it in the USA think instant packet dessert sort of like really thick custard in various flavours!)
Oh my, I haven't had angel delight for years.
Which reminds me of a fav. dessert my Mum used to make when we were kids. She'd make up a packet jelly (jello) with 1/2 pint water (instead of a pint). Then she'd get a small can of evaporated milk and whip it up till it was thick and fluffy, mix the two together, pour into a jelly mold then put in the fridge to set.
When you turn it out the milk and jelly separate, so you get a clear jelly on top and a flavoured mousse on the bottom.
I'm going to have to make that today now.
teeth_smile.gif

See, one of my breakfast favourites is taking a cinnamon danish, the round ones, no icing, cutting it in half and toasting it.

YOu know what I really fancy? Angel Delight! (if you don't have it in the USA think instant packet dessert sort of like really thick custard in various flavours!).
Jcam said:
Which reminds me of a fav. dessert my Mum used to make when we were kids. She'd make up a packet jelly (jello) with 1/2 pint water (instead of a pint). Then she'd get a small can of evaporated milk and whip it up till it was thick and fluffy, mix the two together, pour into a jelly mold then put in the fridge to set.
When you turn it out the milk and jelly separate, so you get a clear jelly on top and a flavoured mousse on the bottom.
teeth_smile.gif

Take a picture of that jello mold. I want to see what it looks like!

Jcam said:
teeth_smile.gif

Morticia said:
Note... she wants to see the mould... not the jelly :)

Jcam said:
teeth_smile.gif

Morticia said:
Generic said:
Morticia said:
The finished product. I know what a mold looks like!

Jcam said:
teeth_smile.gif

Morticia said:
Generic said:
Morticia said:
Morticia said:
Then say you want a picture of the jelly... not the jelly mould :)

3 large potatoes, thrown in the microwave for 10 mins. They are wrinkly like an elephant when they're done. Huge globs of margarine, sour cream, ketchup, artificial bacon bits. YUM.

Jcam said:
teeth_smile.gif

My Aunty in Scotland used to do that for me every Sunday . It was such a treat. You brought back some wonderful memories. She was such a grand soul.

Back