Whats up with Bed and Breakfast . com?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hillbilly

Reaction score
Does anyone know whats going on with Bed and bre akfast. com? The info from Expedia is not updating. I called Expedia and they told me they are no longer with them. Their contract ended last month and. I contacted Home away. They said they no longer have info on them and they gave me the number 1-844-271-6829. No one answers and you can't leave a message.
Just wanted to find out if anyone has any info?

Expedia said they are no longer working with them. It's hard for me to understand how a site like that would just shut down. Really weird.

From what I've read elsewhere they are completely shut down now. You need to either sign up with Expedia independently or skip that source of guests altogether.
Are you still getting reservations? Do you have any reservations thru them the are coming up? I understand it's a long time to get paid and you have to submit an invoice to Expedia.
There may be another phone number. I'll have to log into fb to find it.

Expedia said they are no longer working with them. It's hard for me to understand how a site like that would just shut down. Really weird..
You should have gotten an email last year saying they were shutting down. I'm not joking, but I read about this everywhere. I got emails from paii warning about it. I love inns warned about it. Acorn marketing warned about iti I'll bet someone mentioned it a few times on here.
But, this past week a few more innkeepers were complaining on Facebook that they hadn't gotten paid for any reservations and what was going on. So, you are not alone in not knowing the company no longer exists.
The integration with home away and then the integration from there to Expedia was not handled well.
You may as well consider the original bnb website as abandoned.

I tried to sign up with Expedia to keep my BedandBreakfast.com account but it was a total crap show. After many phone calls and much of my life wasted on hold, I finally got them to cancel my account.

Background (as far as my crappy memory goes)

Homeaway and BnB .con were purchased by Exp edia back in 2017

Last year Exp pushed for all B&Bs to get listed with Exp in order to keep their listing on the directory site, but also stated the site would change and would no longer have direct contact and website info only booking link to Exp.

FF to April 1 '19, where Exp made many changes. I called Exp because my listing on BnB .con was no longer listed even though I was (and still am) listed with Exp. The service rep forwarded me to the Sr SR that day. He told me that major changes took place on 4/1 and Exp was no longer able to make any changes or updates to the site. They referred me to Homeaway, even gave me a number to call.

I called Homeaway and was told they were not the owners of the site and that I needed to call Exp. for assistance. They even had me look on the BnB site for List your property (top right tab) where it takes you to this page http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/info/lyp-expedia

I also read the same posts on FB as Mort mentioned.

On top of all this, I read this morning that Exp is now dropping Homeaway listings and will be replacing it with VRBO
https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/homeaway-s-out-vrbo-is-in/1974731923?fbclid=IwAR1Gs_3V_44bUI8oe4MyuQj84xgFN4y63pKbA54vpCggLXSvejljkhqDn4o

S
ounds to me that Exp is going to gobble up the competition, suck the life out of them and then send the site to the graveyard.

Last week I received this in an e mail as a past subscriber of B&B Finder: "B&B industry pioneer and BedandBreakfast.com founder, Eric Goldreyer, has acquired bnbfinder from Mary White". I suspect he has reinvested his profits ! Sad for all who have been left in the lurch. We left bedandbreakfast.com and joined Expedia as a hotel collect partner about 5 years ago and it has been a good move. Every month we reconcile and Expedia takes their 15% commission for each stay that came from their OTA.

Just talked with someone at Ex p edia who knows what they are talking about. They now own all the Home aw ay brands includind V R bo. They are converting all of them over in the next 6 months to a year into E xpedi a. So we wont have to have listing with each OTa. They will all feed with E xpedia partner central. They are going to own everyone it looks like.

We've only been doing this for 2 years but my opinion (other than hating all OTAs) is that 3xpedia is worse than B00king. I'm talking making my life hell administratively, not really caring about us small guys and crazy rigid on what they'll allow on your profile. Just my thoughts and having a keg party the day I can drop them.

Back