What's yer kick?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Guest wise/Inn wise
I have been on a pecan kick this entire year. At least one dish will have pecans in it somewhere.
What's yer kick? Anything? I have not made even one quiche so far this year, as I am making that sauteed sweet potato medley and feel it is better with simple scrambled eggs.

Joey Bloggs said:
sauteed sweet potato medley and feel it is better with simple scrambled eggs.
That sounds delicious! I LOVE sweet potatoes...I am in the minority of my family, though. The easiest way for me to get the kids to eat sweet potatoes is to put marshmallows on the top! :)

The alternate to the egg bake this year is Baked Oatmeal. It has red raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, and dark cherries in the bottom of the loaf pan with the oatmeal mixture on top. Bake & flip onto a platter with vanilla yogurt on the side (I like it slathered on the baked oatmeal)..

Joey Bloggs said:
That sounds delicious! I LOVE sweet potatoes...I am in the minority of my family, though. The easiest way for me to get the kids to eat sweet potatoes is to put marshmallows on the top! :).
Penelope said:
Joey Bloggs said:
That sounds delicious! I LOVE sweet potatoes...I am in the minority of my family, though. The easiest way for me to get the kids to eat sweet potatoes is to put marshmallows on the top! :)
Have you tried putting one or half of one into mashed potatoes? mmm I want some now...I used to do that with carrots, and now in the south I am on the sweet potato mode.

Tell me more about your sweet potato recipe....like providing the recipe.

Making breakfast cake from leftover fruit from the previous mornings. Any fruit that's leftover can go in. (No citrus)

Tell me more about your sweet potato recipe....like providing the recipe..
Mtatoc said:
Tell me more about your sweet potato recipe....like providing the recipe.
thumbs_up.gif

I am on a serious Mango kick! bought a mango slicer that works great and I have had 3 perfect mangos in a row now.

I am on a serious Mango kick! bought a mango slicer that works great and I have had 3 perfect mangos in a row now..
sweetie85 said:
I am on a serious Mango kick! bought a mango slicer that works great and I have had 3 perfect mangos in a row now.
YUM!
Currently the champagne grapes are out again, and I plate them every single day, little mini clusters, they are awesome.

I am on a serious Mango kick! bought a mango slicer that works great and I have had 3 perfect mangos in a row now..
sweetie85 said:
YUM!
Currently the champagne grapes are out again, and I plate them every single day, little mini clusters, they are awesome.
Joey Bloggs said:
I just served those this morning. They are so cute - I put them on the plate with a little sprig of lemon balm.

sweetie85 said:
YUM!
I'm going to look for those grapes.

sweetie85 said:
YUM!
I'm going to look for those grapes.
tomatoes!
we've been harvesting them from the garden all summer. and there really is no comparison between the horrible supermarket tomatoes i learned to despise and home grown.
just before irene came to visit, we picked all the partly ripe ones which turned ruby red within a few days. last nite, i made a tomato pie ... found the recipe on line. pie crust, onion, (i tossed in some baby spinach), tomatoes, topped with a mayo, basil and cheese mixture. i think i'll post it. it was SOOO good, i did not get a picture before people grabbed seconds and it was gobbled up.

Back