whatthefont

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with this, I am looking for a FONT that is similar to the BALL MASON JAR font.
Maybe an innmate who lives across from BALL STATE can assist? Something close if not the exact typeface.
regular_smile.gif

http://new.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/forum/case/301090/

Apparently it is a trademarked font and you have to pay a royalty to use the real one. There are several forums with the same question and few answers! I can't think of one that's 'close enough' but I just woke up so give me some time!

Thanks, I couldn't either. If I can;t find similar I will use something rural or rustic and block-like

Could you use something like Brush Script MT, CommercialScript, Kaufmann BT, Mistral or Lucida Handwriting? The a certainly resembles the A in Freehand521 BT. I would guess that you would need to hand manipulate it. Those are the closest that I can think of.
Which always reminds me of the oddity of the M in McDonald's actually being a W upsidedown.

I love the MyFonts newsletter. I'm a sucker for all the new fonts they promote.
Have you looked at Moonshine Script NF? It comes fairly close.

Have you looked at Moonshine Script NF? It comes fairly close..
tedwin said:
Have you looked at Moonshine Script NF? It comes fairly close.
No I hadn't and I thank you!
Oddly enough that is the reason I wanted to get as close as possible, but you probably deduced that already. CHEERS!
3498cee1882b869f6b1e91fd51f739.gif

d116043ff036c726002c2ad22f7a08.gif

80e451b241779facd004dda8da084a.gif

Just saw this, the link to where it is from doesn't have it there, so I have no other way to do this than to just cut n paste. I will remove it if I need to.
CHART TO HELP YOU DETERMINE THE AGE OF YOUR MASON JARS
29484572530038595_i7Kcjl5e_c.jpg

WAIT!
When I went to the home of BALL, Muncie Indiana and stayed with an innmate at an innmates place there, I could not leave without a vintage Ball jar. While there we went to a glass museum and visited the Ball Family's mansions etc.
I bought this ball jar and it is without MEASUREMENT, which told me it was old, it is also old glass and has the old top. So I just used the chart above to determine it's age 1910-1923. :) Now Jane, I still believe you should go to town being across from Ball State, and use these in your inn, I use them here for other reasons, but I would use them there, it could be fun!
lrg_Ball%20Mason%20Jar_Claiborne%20House%20blog.jpg

Just saw this, the link to where it is from doesn't have it there, so I have no other way to do this than to just cut n paste. I will remove it if I need to.
CHART TO HELP YOU DETERMINE THE AGE OF YOUR MASON JARS
29484572530038595_i7Kcjl5e_c.jpg

WAIT!
When I went to the home of BALL, Muncie Indiana and stayed with an innmate at an innmates place there, I could not leave without a vintage Ball jar. While there we went to a glass museum and visited the Ball Family's mansions etc.
I bought this ball jar and it is without MEASUREMENT, which told me it was old, it is also old glass and has the old top. So I just used the chart above to determine it's age 1910-1923. :) Now Jane, I still believe you should go to town being across from Ball State, and use these in your inn, I use them here for other reasons, but I would use them there, it could be fun!
lrg_Ball%20Mason%20Jar_Claiborne%20House%20blog.jpg
I store roasted coffees (1 roast makes 2 pots of coffee) and when I do a roast of coffee as a donation instead of a room, it is given in a pint jar.. Airtight! What a wonderful aroma when opening the jar! Yummmmmmmmmm.

I remember seeing your collection K.
cheers.gif

I blogged it. I had to. Click here.
If anyone has difficulty finding unusual off the beaten track things to blog about, HIRE ME! I would love to come out and explore your area, if only I didn't have to be HERE and run this B&B!
So when you hire an innsitter, maybe you can hire one who can take photos and blog for you. (I am not really thinking about innsitting, not right now anyway, but who knows down the road a spell...)

cheers.gif

If anyone has difficulty finding unusual off the beaten track things to blog about, HIRE ME! I would love to come out and explore your area, if only I didn't have to be HERE and run this B&B!
So when you hire an innsitter, maybe you can hire one who can take photos and blog for you. (I am not really thinking about innsitting, not right now anyway, but who knows down the road a spell...).
There for a minute I thought you were suggesting that I replace my stemware with fruit jars.
I guess I should be keeping an eye out for some old jars.
Our "Cultural Center" now has to give lessons on home canning (yes, putting produce in jars is called canning) because us children of the 50's didn't have mothers who had gardens and put up tomatoes or beans.

cheers.gif

So when you hire an innsitter, maybe you can hire one who can take photos and blog for you. (I am not really thinking about innsitting, not right now anyway, but who knows down the road a spell...).
There for a minute I thought you were suggesting that I replace my stemware with fruit jars.
Our "Cultural Center" now has to give lessons on home canning (yes, putting produce in jars is called canning) because us children of the 50's didn't have mothers who had gardens and put up tomatoes or beans.
Innkeep said:
Don't forget BEETS.
chef.gif

You wanna talk cannin'? We have TWO canneries in our county meaning, grow you produce and bring it over to the cannery that opens up in season and can cases and cases. The county who is struggling was talking about cutting the funds as it actually costs to keep it open, not vice versa, but it is part of the culture here. I think I mentioned this last year and people said "Do it yourself you mad woman!" I just wanted to experience it.

cheers.gif

My early memories of the farm are coming home from school in first grade and changing clothes to pick up a paring knife to help with the canning. We canned EVERYTHING! and made jelly with every fruit on the farm.
When I lived in Illinois we were able to get by as we say here in WV because I knew how to can. They srtill had truck farms and we would pick 6 to 8 bushels of tomatoes, plus carrots, green beans, beets, a friend brought me peaches, and a friend of DH loved to fish but did not like to eat it. He brought me a coho salmon once and I canned that. There was a "dead space" behind the door from the kitchen into the garage. DH built shelves for me, floor to ceiling the height to hold quart jars and each shelf held 24 jars. It looked so pretty to see all the colors of those jars of food. He had planned to enclose the shelves but I said no, I liked looking at them. He used to help me can the tomatoes. You are right, it is almost a lost art.
Here in WV though, the MEN compete for who cans the best peppers. (The women do also but it really is a family thing to can hot peppers and to make apple butter.)

cheers.gif

I think it would just be fun to have you visit and we go out for a ride! There are so many things I want to go see but I like to go with someone! Especially someone with an 'eye' for the off beat.

Back