When a guest insults the decor...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like everyone mentioned-plain rude. But if you only got one ugly insensitive comment, then I would not worry about it, and if they come back take the slipcovers off and see if they notice.
I agree with K--way too many people are germaphobic, i understand you don't want to get anything but the thing that is hilariuous is the "cloths"that Walmart and other stores provide to "wipe" your shopping cart. OK people, if you touch EVERYTHING that you may buy or not buy do you know how many people touched the samee things? do you think that wiping the cart made a hoot of a diference? NO! It may wipe the dirt off the cart for a time, but as soon as you touch that cereal on Isle#2 and then touch the cart...you have just lost the battle of the "germs"...ha ha they now docs are saying that becausre so many kids where prescribed antibiotics when none was really necessary they have no immune system and the antibiotics don't work anymore.
We don't wash our couch, chairs or comforters and quilts after every guest either...no time and or manpower. Hotels only wash their comforters (and these are high end hotels: Hyatt, Monaco etc) one a year! Hubbie used to work for a linen company and he knew when ity was time to do all the comforters and blankets..
I agree about the germs. My mom would take me to the doctor for a shot everytime I had the sniffles. If I had a cold, my mom would ask, "Does your chest hurt?" I'd ALWAYS answer, "no," but off the doctor I'd go. Always had colds as a youth, rarely have them now.
One of our bedspreads is ecru and the other one is light yellow. Oxi-Clean for rugs (active ingredient peroxide) has been a godsend! You can TELL if they're dirty!
I feel stupid for asking but does Oxi Clean get rid of germs. I thought bleach was the only one to kill germs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_peroxide
Here is a link to hydrogen peroxide. I don't feel comfortable cutting and pasting the info.

Back