When B&B spam makes you laugh

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not agreeing with it, in fact I disagree. But it is what it is. Better to be careful. This is an open forum, Just as a warning, who knows, there may even be an ex cop who has a vendetta lurking about. Anyone can view the writings here. Who knows who it is calling your home or staying in your home..
Right. And all of those very helpful guests who write how wonderful it was to have little Bobby carrying their suitcases and serving them breakfast are doing more harm than good.
What about that TV show last year? Remember the B&B trading wives show? Do you suppose those folks got landed on by the child labor law people after that aired?
I think there is a huge difference between letting a 14 year old move a suitcase and having him ride on the roof of a house that is being moved to hold up electric lines that might snag on the house. Pretty much opposite ends of the risk spectrum as far as I am concerned ;)
swirt said:
I think there is a huge difference between letting a 14 year old move a suitcase and having him ride on the roof of a house that is being moved to hold up electric lines that might snag on the house. Pretty much opposite ends of the risk spectrum as far as I am concerned ;)
Is THAT what was in the story? I didn't read it.
Yep, not only working on a roof, but working on a moving roof with electric lines. That and running a backhoe that ended up flipping over. The person was reported by numerous people that thought it was just wrong/unsafe. Didn't seem to be a case of the government sniffing where they didn't belong.

I am not agreeing with it, in fact I disagree. But it is what it is. Better to be careful. This is an open forum, Just as a warning, who knows, there may even be an ex cop who has a vendetta lurking about. Anyone can view the writings here. Who knows who it is calling your home or staying in your home..
Right. And all of those very helpful guests who write how wonderful it was to have little Bobby carrying their suitcases and serving them breakfast are doing more harm than good.
What about that TV show last year? Remember the B&B trading wives show? Do you suppose those folks got landed on by the child labor law people after that aired?
swirt said:
Yes, and the other brother was operating a backhoe or some other big piece of equipment and flipped it over while he was inside....plus they said that he didn't have either child wearing protective gear.
Now I am still mad at the housing industry having GROWN construction workers work in these conditions, much less children. They have them standing on top of two and three story houses with NO harness or anything to prevent them from falling while putting on roofs and the like. And these fellows have NO HEALTH INSURANCE. Disgraceful.
If they fall and are injured they are out of a job. They already don't go to the doctor for their meds right now since they are all not working because of the recession!
Riki

swirt said:
Yep, not only working on a roof, but working on a moving roof with electric lines. That and running a backhoe that ended up flipping over. The person was reported by numerous people that thought it was just wrong/unsafe. Didn't seem to be a case of the government sniffing where they didn't belong.
swirt said:
OK. That's a whole other ball of wax than the kid taking out the trash that was originally cited. I know hubs was working in the woods with his dad at a fairly young age and I know his dad was working at a logging camp when he was 10, but that's days gone by and it was moreso dangerous then than now.
I was talking about working in stores and relatively tame home occupations. No heavy equipment or power tools.

swirt said:
swirt said:
OK. That's a whole other ball of wax than the kid taking out the trash that was originally cited. I know hubs was working in the woods with his dad at a fairly young age and I know his dad was working at a logging camp when he was 10, but that's days gone by and it was moreso dangerous then than now.
I was talking about working in stores and relatively tame home occupations. No heavy equipment or power tools.
Bree said:
swirt said:
The POINT was to be careful what you post and what you say in this regard. It was not "did the kid lift something heavier than 40 lbs" like luggage handlers on strike or something.

swirt said:
swirt said:
Bree said:
swirt said:
The POINT was to be careful what you post and what you say in this regard. It was not "did the kid lift something heavier than 40 lbs" like luggage handlers on strike or something.
Excellent POINT
regular_smile.gif

I learned to drive a tractor when I was 5. I drove a truck by the time I was 7. I worked HARD on our family farm. If my kids dry the silverware, take out the trash, and throw towels down the laundry chute I don't think they're in much danger.
The primary purposes of the child labor laws (as I understand them) are 1) child safety, 2) child education [should be in school, not work], and 3) adult opportunities not being limited by children taking their jobs. At this point it is LEGAL for children to work in their parent's business.... but it is NOT legal for them to work in dangerous situations, or so much that their education is hindered.
Obviously I think the innkeeper getting a warning for her kid taking out the trash is ridiculous, and an abuse of some official's power. It is LEGAL for children to work in their family's business.
At the same time, I agree that children should have lots of time to be children, to play and learn.
And believe me... even drying silverware, it's more work for me than for them. If I'm in a hurry, I do it myself!
=)
Kk.

PS If a kid comes to me demanding unemployment - he will be sent to his room without any supper!
wink_smile.gif

[COLOR= rgb(16, 16, 16)]Children and the Family Business[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)]May 8, 2008 by: KathleenHave you heard the ad on the radio? You know, the one with the kid talking with the cute lisp about her Dad’s used car lot? Or how about the yellow page ad, the one with the picture of the dentist and his family? Do the used car salesman and the dentist think that using their children in their ads will help bring in business? Or maybe the reason they have their children in their ad is because they have a shrewd tax adviser?
One of the benefits of running a small business, and especially a family business, is the ability to hire your children. Children under the age of 18, working in their parent’s unincorporated business, are not subject to the same rules as other employees. As such, there can be considerable tax and business advantages to hiring your children.
Unlike other employees, when parents hire their children, they do not need to pay payroll taxes such as Social Security, Medicare, and unemployment taxes on their child’s income. Worker’s Compensation insurance is usually not required. Thanks to the standard deduction, in 2008, children can earn up to $5,450 completely tax free, and any income over that will be taxed at the child’s tax rate, not the parent’s. (It is only on unearned income, such as dividends and interest, that children are taxed at their parent’s tax rate.) If you have your child contribute to their own traditional IRA, they can earn an additional $5,000 tax free.
f your child does not need that extra $5,000 deduction, consider contributing to your child’s Roth IRA. [/COLOR]A Roth IRA can be a great way for children to save for college and for a first time home purchase. Because Roth IRA contributions are not tax deductable, you can withdraw them at any time without penalty.Earnings can also be withdrawn penalty free for IRS approved expenses such as college and for a first time home purchase. (Please check with your tax adviser regarding your personal situation.)
Having your children work in your business can provide large tax breaks, however, be aware that the IRS looks at these arrangements closely. It is very important that you treat your child just like any other employee. This means they should have a regular work schedule, they should keep track of their hours, and they should be paid on a regular schedule. Be sure to write an actual check to your child and deposit the check into the child’s bank account. You must also pay your children at the same rate as you would pay a non family member. It is not reasonable to pay your 7 year old $1,000 per month to take out the trash!
Keep excellent records when you have your children work for you. In addition to the regular payroll records that you keep for all employees, keep a record of the actual work that your child does. This will come in handy if the IRS ever questions the validity of your child’s employment.
What kinds of work can you have your children do? Young teens can do cleaning and basic office work such as filing and data entry. Older teens can greet customers, answer phones and schedule appointments. But what about the younger kids? Remember our car salesman and dentist? Children and even babies can be hired as models for your print ads and as talent for your radio ads. Not only can you pay them for the time spent in creating the ad, you can pay them a royalty every time the ad is played or printed.
So consider hiring your children to work in the family business. You’ll give them valuable life skills while creating tax benefits for yourself, and retirement savings for them.
http://mycfoonthego.com/children-and-the-family-business/

PS If a kid comes to me demanding unemployment - he will be sent to his room without any supper!
wink_smile.gif

[COLOR= rgb(16, 16, 16)]Children and the Family Business[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)]May 8, 2008 by: KathleenHave you heard the ad on the radio? You know, the one with the kid talking with the cute lisp about her Dad’s used car lot? Or how about the yellow page ad, the one with the picture of the dentist and his family? Do the used car salesman and the dentist think that using their children in their ads will help bring in business? Or maybe the reason they have their children in their ad is because they have a shrewd tax adviser?
One of the benefits of running a small business, and especially a family business, is the ability to hire your children. Children under the age of 18, working in their parent’s unincorporated business, are not subject to the same rules as other employees. As such, there can be considerable tax and business advantages to hiring your children.
Unlike other employees, when parents hire their children, they do not need to pay payroll taxes such as Social Security, Medicare, and unemployment taxes on their child’s income. Worker’s Compensation insurance is usually not required. Thanks to the standard deduction, in 2008, children can earn up to $5,450 completely tax free, and any income over that will be taxed at the child’s tax rate, not the parent’s. (It is only on unearned income, such as dividends and interest, that children are taxed at their parent’s tax rate.) If you have your child contribute to their own traditional IRA, they can earn an additional $5,000 tax free.
f your child does not need that extra $5,000 deduction, consider contributing to your child’s Roth IRA. [/COLOR]A Roth IRA can be a great way for children to save for college and for a first time home purchase. Because Roth IRA contributions are not tax deductable, you can withdraw them at any time without penalty.Earnings can also be withdrawn penalty free for IRS approved expenses such as college and for a first time home purchase. (Please check with your tax adviser regarding your personal situation.)
Having your children work in your business can provide large tax breaks, however, be aware that the IRS looks at these arrangements closely. It is very important that you treat your child just like any other employee. This means they should have a regular work schedule, they should keep track of their hours, and they should be paid on a regular schedule. Be sure to write an actual check to your child and deposit the check into the child’s bank account. You must also pay your children at the same rate as you would pay a non family member. It is not reasonable to pay your 7 year old $1,000 per month to take out the trash!
Keep excellent records when you have your children work for you. In addition to the regular payroll records that you keep for all employees, keep a record of the actual work that your child does. This will come in handy if the IRS ever questions the validity of your child’s employment.
What kinds of work can you have your children do? Young teens can do cleaning and basic office work such as filing and data entry. Older teens can greet customers, answer phones and schedule appointments. But what about the younger kids? Remember our car salesman and dentist? Children and even babies can be hired as models for your print ads and as talent for your radio ads. Not only can you pay them for the time spent in creating the ad, you can pay them a royalty every time the ad is played or printed.
So consider hiring your children to work in the family business. You’ll give them valuable life skills while creating tax benefits for yourself, and retirement savings for them.
http://mycfoonthego.com/children-and-the-family-business/.
When we were looking at properties, one place had their dog on all their brochures...same thing...they wrote off all the dog's expenses like food and vet bills.

What? I'm supposed to PAY them?
Actually, I do... at this point in quarters. Do work. Get a quarter. Go to church, put something in the basket. Go to a yard sale, spend your quarters, not mine.
Good points to remember, though... eventually I'll need to see about making it official and all...
=)
Kk.

Well, of course, they will away for 3 days in the middle of their stay for an important scientific conference at the nearby university.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
My first B&B spam! I'm almost proud...
HELLO,
Iam DR LIRY SMITH,i want to book for reservation for my staffs that are coming for honey moon.
Details for my bookings are below.
ARRIVAL DATES:APRIL 10TH.
DEPARTURE DATE:APRIL 20TH
NUMBER:6
(1).Availability of the dates.
(2).The daily cost of the required dates.
(3).the total cost for the length of their stay of the three couples.
(4).Payment type credit card only.
Do get back at me with the requirements as stated above.
KINDEST REGARDS
DR LIRY

Well, of course, they will away for 3 days in the middle of their stay for an important scientific conference at the nearby university.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
My first B&B spam! I'm almost proud...
HELLO,
Iam DR LIRY SMITH,i want to book for reservation for my staffs that are coming for honey moon.
Details for my bookings are below.
ARRIVAL DATES:APRIL 10TH.
DEPARTURE DATE:APRIL 20TH
NUMBER:6
(1).Availability of the dates.
(2).The daily cost of the required dates.
(3).the total cost for the length of their stay of the three couples.
(4).Payment type credit card only.
Do get back at me with the requirements as stated above.
KINDEST REGARDS
DR LIRY

Wait, I thought it was only the moonies that got married en masse! Good one! Welcome to the club...

This one received this AM -
I am Rev Steve Muller from Christian Association of United State of America . .... Greece to United State for prayer canceling research programme and missionary research programme.
One of the couples names: Pastor & Mrs. Keith & Robert Paula

I am Rev Steve Muller from Christian Association of United State of America . .... Greece to United State for prayer canceling research programme and missionary research programme.
One of the couples names: Pastor & Mrs. Keith & Robert Paula.
Copperhead said:
One of the couples names: Pastor & Mrs. Keith & Robert Paula
Prayer cancelling. Love it. It's better than the name snafu!

Back