When being an AVERAGE innkeeper feels pretty good.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swirt

Forum founder. Former Owner.
Reaction score
I can't recall where the statistic came from (PAII maybe?) but I've seen it quoted often enough (so it must be true
tounge_smile.gif
) that the average term for an innkeeper is seven years. Well this is our seventh year...and we just signed the contract with the real estate agent to list it for sale. I have to say, I am feeling pretty content being only average in this case.
So if any aspirings are out there looking for an easy entry into the world of innkeeping (we're kind of like a B&B with train wheels due to guests not sleeping in our house) and you like the wine country of upstate New York, then you can't beat this Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast for Sale. Ours is the one that is less than a million dollars
confused_smile.gif

Now its time to go sign-up with innshopper.com ;) (I made the realtor agree to list us on bbonline.com and bedandbreakfastforsale.com)

There is a time for every thing under the sun.
Now it is your time to be a family and do something else - no regrets, time for a change. All the best.

There is a time for every thing under the sun.
Now it is your time to be a family and do something else - no regrets, time for a change. All the best..
Exactly...and the sooner Bree comes and buys our place, the sooner I can get on with that. ;)

Congratulations Swirt! I know what a big decision that is. Today I signed papers too....no not to sell quite yet, but we just put an offer on what we hope will become our retirement house. We're on our 5 year exit strategy and figured that with the weak economy and house prices, now was a good time to start looking.
Here's hoping you get the price you want and when you want it!
cheers.gif

I figure to go on the market in 2 years. Gives the economy time to sort itself out and me 2 years to pay down debt and build more revenue stream.

Don't tell me, you're going to go into standup comedy full time.
omg_smile.gif
SweetiePie said:
Don't tell me, you're going to go into standup comedy full time.
omg_smile.gif
Nahhh I realize that gig is only a part-time thing
tounge_smile.gif

So, what's next for Swirt?
SweetiePie said:
So, what's next for Swirt?
Keeping our day jobs and finding a place to live that is a little less isolated for making sure that bwirt gets all the opportunities he needs to grow up happy, healthy and wise.

Congratulations Swirt! I know what a big decision that is. Today I signed papers too....no not to sell quite yet, but we just put an offer on what we hope will become our retirement house. We're on our 5 year exit strategy and figured that with the weak economy and house prices, now was a good time to start looking.
cheers.gif
Thanks.
Good luck with the exit strategy. Every innkeeper should have one ;)

Congratulations, and thanks for adding the listing!
The picture of the sunset on the lake is gorgeous - someone is going to see that and fall in love.
Zach.
innshopper said:
Congratulations, and thanks for adding the listing!
The picture of the sunset on the lake is gorgeous - someone is going to see that and fall in love.
Zach
Thanks Zach. If anything can sell this house it will be the sunsets. They are just amazing.
Nice job with your site. I was very impressed with how easy and straightforward it was to set up a listing. It worked very well. Thanks for developing it.

cheers.gif
Thanks.
swirt said:
Thanks.
Stop advertising and lock the gate.

cheers.gif
Thanks.
swirt said:
Thanks.
You forgot disconnect the phones, sell the website, and release the Dobermans and Rotweillers to roam the property ;)

cheers.gif
Thanks.
swirt said:
Thanks.
You forgot disconnect the phones, sell the website, and release the Dobermans and Rotweillers to roam the property ;)
swirt said:
Don't need the dogs. I've got guns.

Best of luck with the sale! I've discovered that with just a little bit of help, 3 rooms is probably even manageable for one innkeeper so that may increase your prospective buyers too.
regular_smile.gif

Swirt - best wishes for a quick sale at the price you want. Your sunsets ARE beautiful.

Back