When breakfast flops

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
What do you do when almost no one eats the breakfast? We've made this many times before and it is delish! I'm eating some right now. The basic reason for not eating it was dislike of the main ingredient.

Too bad for them. Cook's choice...you are not a restaurant. Let them eat cereal and yogurt then. Don't worry about it.

Sounds like a chance to make yourselves and lovely fritatta with it.
We've never had it fail, we have had some people not want any. That's fine. They paid for it. Can it be so objectionable that a group would turn from it?
They stay, the pay, the leave.

Too bad for them...they sound like a real bunch of yahoos! Forget about them .....they will be distant memories in 2 days.

Too bad for them...they sound like a real bunch of yahoos! Forget about them .....they will be distant memories in 2 days..
Silverspoon said:
Too bad for them...they sound like a real bunch of yahoos! Forget about them .....they will be distant memories in 2 days.
Who? ;-)

Give them the directions to the nearest McD's. I'm sure they think what they get there is gourmet!
You sure do get them!

Their Loss. One thing my mama taught me early, give it a try you may be surprised that you like it. Of course I now blame her now for the extra padding!
One of the couples here decided not to eat and checked out just 30 min before breakfast saying they needed to get on the road. Was it due to what I was serving? She asked me last night what we were having & I told her fruit stuffed french toast. She retorted with her favorite recipe for french toast. (of course this was in conjunction with how she did this and that. Maybe we lucked out not having to listen to any more this morning.

Too bad for them...they sound like a real bunch of yahoos! Forget about them .....they will be distant memories in 2 days..
Silverspoon said:
Who? ;-)
Ahhh, you are quick!
thumbs_up.gif

we are on a high today with breakfast as have a guest staying who has been staying at another local hotel for the previous 2 days due to their daughter having her wedding there - it is quite posh and has 2 michelen stars - she told me the breakfast there was terrible both days and our poached eggs where much better! understandably DH was well chuffed to have outdone a michellen star chef!

we are on a high today with breakfast as have a guest staying who has been staying at another local hotel for the previous 2 days due to their daughter having her wedding there - it is quite posh and has 2 michelen stars - she told me the breakfast there was terrible both days and our poached eggs where much better! understandably DH was well chuffed to have outdone a michellen star chef!.
thumbs_up.gif

we are on a high today with breakfast as have a guest staying who has been staying at another local hotel for the previous 2 days due to their daughter having her wedding there - it is quite posh and has 2 michelen stars - she told me the breakfast there was terrible both days and our poached eggs where much better! understandably DH was well chuffed to have outdone a michellen star chef!.
Yeah, but what are you going to do to get S down from high and back to earth?

We had one day when we were full that we threw alot of food away. We were stunned! The portion sizes and menu items were what we serve all the time. Had alot of people say it was too much food. We were shaking our heads for days over that. Other times with same menu we've had all clean plates. Of course, my other half goes overboard and then wants to reinvent the menu after just one bad morning. I blamed it on the Moon or whatever phase Mercury was in... just a fluke

We had one day when we were full that we threw alot of food away. We were stunned! The portion sizes and menu items were what we serve all the time. Had alot of people say it was too much food. We were shaking our heads for days over that. Other times with same menu we've had all clean plates. Of course, my other half goes overboard and then wants to reinvent the menu after just one bad morning. I blamed it on the Moon or whatever phase Mercury was in... just a fluke.
K9 said:
We had one day when we were full that we threw alot of food away. We were stunned! The portion sizes and menu items were what we serve all the time. Had alot of people say it was too much food. We were shaking our heads for days over that. Other times with same menu we've had all clean plates. Of course, my other half goes overboard and then wants to reinvent the menu after just one bad morning. I blamed it on the Moon or whatever phase Mercury was in... just a fluke
Remember I had that a month ago!
Don't fall for it, do what you do, don't let one breakfast change it all.
thumbs_up.gif

We had one day when we were full that we threw alot of food away. We were stunned! The portion sizes and menu items were what we serve all the time. Had alot of people say it was too much food. We were shaking our heads for days over that. Other times with same menu we've had all clean plates. Of course, my other half goes overboard and then wants to reinvent the menu after just one bad morning. I blamed it on the Moon or whatever phase Mercury was in... just a fluke.
K9 said:
Of course, my other half goes overboard and then wants to reinvent the menu after just one bad morning. I blamed it on the Moon or whatever phase Mercury was in... just a fluke
We had 2 breakfasts where DH was ready to toss the item because of a poor guest response. I have to keep telling him ONE bad comment does not mean NO ONE liked it.
One woman who went all 'I run a restaurant and this would not pass the board of health where I live' comment and another one where we changed an ingredient because of an allergy and it really didn't taste the same.
Both of those things were easy to fix but DH refused to make either of them again.

K9 said:
Of course, my other half goes overboard and then wants to reinvent the menu after just one bad morning. I blamed it on the Moon or whatever phase Mercury was in... just a fluke
We had 2 breakfasts where DH was ready to toss the item because of a poor guest response. I have to keep telling him ONE bad comment does not mean NO ONE liked it.
One woman who went all 'I run a restaurant and this would not pass the board of health where I live' comment and another one where we changed an ingredient because of an allergy and it really didn't taste the same.
Both of those things were easy to fix but DH refused to make either of them again.
Isn't that so frustrating!!! She tends to generalize things - one comment, one event, one instance and it's "everything, everytime, always". The things we put up with! lol
She also sees a thin older woman and wants to give her one slice of bacon and half the eggs of someone else. Or a big guy & wants to give him extra. And then a small end slice of tomato on one plate and a big saucer slice on the other and hand them to a couple. I'd be like, "why did I get the puny one??" Frustrating... Treat everyone the same, you don't know what they'll eat.
If we live through the breakfast service without physical injury it's a miracle sometimes. Gotta love 'em. If she wasn't so tolerant and level headed and non-reactive, we would never have lasted as long as we have!

K9 said:
Isn't that so frustrating!!! She tends to generalize things - one comment, one event, one instance and it's "everything, everytime, always". The things we put up with! lol
She also sees a thin older woman and wants to give her one slice of bacon and half the eggs of someone else. Or a big guy & wants to give him extra. And then a small end slice of tomato on one plate and a big saucer slice on the other and hand them to a couple. I'd be like, "why did I get the puny one??" Frustrating... Treat everyone the same, you don't know what they'll eat.
If we live through the breakfast service without physical injury it's a miracle sometimes. Gotta love 'em. If she wasn't so tolerant and level headed and non-reactive, we would never have lasted as long as we have!
Oh wait a minute! We have the same partner! We go thru the same thing! 'Give the bigger serving to the guy.' Yeesh!
And, yeah, if I got one egg and one slice of bacon I'd be peeved.
When he is plating I am standing there with tongs to even out the scrambled eggs or whatever.
And, yes, the same tolerant attitude. Which I just explained to him last night I know is how he is but I still don't understand it. Mr Consensus. Me? I'm Ms My Way.

K9 said:
Oh wait a minute! We have the same partner! We go thru the same thing! 'Give the bigger serving to the guy.' Yeesh!
When he is plating I am standing there with tongs to even out the scrambled eggs or whatever.
And, yes, the same tolerant attitude. Which I just explained to him last night I know is how he is but I still don't understand it. Mr Consensus. Me? I'm Ms My Way.
OMG - are we twins in a parallel universe?? Yes, My Way is best, always. Don't argue, just do it
tounge_smile.gif

too funny!

K9 said:
OMG - are we twins in a parallel universe?? Yes, My Way is best, always. Don't argue, just do it
tounge_smile.gif

too funny!
Get a room, ladies. Get a room.... this love affair in public is a little too...

Back