When do you do the endless piles of ironing?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 4 king beds. It takes me about 5 minutes to iron the sheets on the bed. I have long arms so it works out well. I can even get down on the floor and crawl around the bed and iron it so I am not bending my back. I iron the pillow cases while I am waiting for people to check-in. We can't send the sheets out because they are 1000 thread count and one set of sheets (1 flat, 1 fitted and two pillow cases) costs about 500 dollars per bed so we don't want anything happening to them. They are going on year three and still great. I only use 7th generation laundry soap so since a lot of guests have problems with chemicals and perfumes..
jason said:
I have 4 king beds. It takes me about 5 minutes to iron the sheets on the bed. I have long arms so it works out well. I can even get down on the floor and crawl around the bed and iron it so I am not bending my back. I iron the pillow cases while I am waiting for people to check-in. We can't send the sheets out because they are 1000 thread count and one set of sheets (1 flat, 1 fitted and two pillow cases) costs about 500 dollars per bed so we don't want anything happening to them. They are going on year three and still great. I only use 7th generation laundry soap so since a lot of guests have problems with chemicals and perfumes.
Bless your heart! I hope the guests know the high thread count and the effort into making their bed! Do you put a rose on the pillow or anything?

I only iron the napkins and the runners for the table.
The deciding factor, believe it or not, on us opening a B&B was a laundry service. If we were to open a B&B, I wanted the BEST.
I knew the sheets would have to be ironed (I wanted to have 800-1000 tc sheets), and I was NOT going to iron 4 sets of sheets and pillowcases. How do you iron king size sheets anyway?
When I found a laundry service, we said okay, let's do this.

I have 4 king beds. It takes me about 5 minutes to iron the sheets on the bed. I have long arms so it works out well. I can even get down on the floor and crawl around the bed and iron it so I am not bending my back. I iron the pillow cases while I am waiting for people to check-in. We can't send the sheets out because they are 1000 thread count and one set of sheets (1 flat, 1 fitted and two pillow cases) costs about 500 dollars per bed so we don't want anything happening to them. They are going on year three and still great. I only use 7th generation laundry soap so since a lot of guests have problems with chemicals and perfumes..
jason said:
I have 4 king beds. It takes me about 5 minutes to iron the sheets on the bed. I have long arms so it works out well. I can even get down on the floor and crawl around the bed and iron it so I am not bending my back. I iron the pillow cases while I am waiting for people to check-in. We can't send the sheets out because they are 1000 thread count and one set of sheets (1 flat, 1 fitted and two pillow cases) costs about 500 dollars per bed so we don't want anything happening to them. They are going on year three and still great. I only use 7th generation laundry soap so since a lot of guests have problems with chemicals and perfumes.
Bless your heart! I hope the guests know the high thread count and the effort into making their bed! Do you put a rose on the pillow or anything?
Yes the guests do notice so it with worthwhile. They often talk about the sheets at breakfast. I don't put any roses on the pillows. I had a horrible experience with rose petals. The guests stayed here for Valentines and put them on the sheets and rolled around on the petals and ground and smeared them into the sheets. The sheets were stained bad and it took me about three weeks of constant washing to get those stains out. Rose petals are not allowed!

Jason:
White rose petals, or silk rose petals (some here use those)
I have a handful of the florists beekers (for lack of a better term) to stick a single long stemmed rose into (altho I add them to a breakfast tray if it is a special ocassion have not placed them on pillows yet). I was just wondering since you have high end sheets.

Back